The Student Room Group

Statistics GCSE edexcel Monday 18th June exam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Boggieeiggob
Yeah you can. the exam's A* boundary is about 80/81. If you got 27 in your coursework, about 85-87 is an A* if i'm not wrong

Haha, thanks (again) lol.
Reply 161
What do you need for an a* with a cw of 24
Reply 162
Original post by ImprintMeJacob
Oh, why not?

sorry i didnt read it right, yes you can most definately get an A* with that! sorry again :smile:
Original post by Jasmine16
sorry i didnt read it right, yes you can most definately get an A* with that! sorry again :smile:

Thanks a lot for that! I sure hope I get an A*, I'm retaking this as I got an A last year!

Good luck to you too!!
Original post by Mrbawby
What do you need for an a* with a cw of 24

As said in the other thread, I'm thinking around 94/95% it may be less, it may be more. Not too sure at this stage what boundaries look like but I think 83/84 is an A* overall for the exam.
Reply 165
formulae for srcc (spearmans rank correlation coefficiant) is on the question paper
Reply 166
in coursework I got 27/40 which is a B and im so upset!! i got around 89 in the exam, could i still get an A*?

considering 25% is coursework but 75% is exam..

let me know, please!!!!!!!!!! cheers :smile:

same with me i got a b in courswork i think i got about 75-85 in the exam:smile:
Reply 167
what did you think you need to get a C and a B grade in the test (roughly)?
what did you think you need to get a C and a B grade in the test (roughly)?

B I think is around 56 maybe and C, woah, that'd be low.. Urm I think 44 ish, maybe. Not too sure.
Original post by rradia
same with me i got a b in courswork i think i got about 75-85 in the exam:smile:

That's a definite A I'm pretty sure, well done, aha xD
Reply 170
My teacher told me that the cw is 20% and exam is 80, :s btw i got 92-95 give or take and 24 in cw is that good?
(edited 11 years ago)
Hi guys,
This has probably been asked a million times but I would appreciate it if you could tell me:
I got 33/40 in my coursework and around 77 in my exam say 75-77 is this an A*
What mark in the exam would be an A* for me then?
Reply 172
Original post by scienceboy16
Hi guys,
This has probably been asked a million times but I would appreciate it if you could tell me:
I got 33/40 in my coursework and around 77 in my exam say 75-77 is this an A*
What mark in the exam would be an A* for me then?

im pretty sure youre already there and that should be an A*!!
Reply 173
Original post by Mrbawby
My teacher told me that the cw is 20% and exam is 80, :s btw i got 92-95 give or take and 24 in cw is that good?

yeah!!!
Reply 174
B I think is around 56 maybe and C, woah, that'd be low.. Urm I think 44 ish, maybe. Not too sure.

woah thanks! youve made my day :smile: haha
im pretty sure youre already there and that should be an A*!!

Really!!
Thats brilliant, Say i got 73-77 would that still secure my A*
I messed up on the trendline question silly me did 3 point moving averages instead of four so thats a waste of 11 marks! :frown:
Do you know how many marks I would get in that question if I did everything correctly according to my 3 point averages because that bit messed all my other parts up aswell.
Sorry for the loooong message:biggrin:
Hi, could someone please tell me what i would probably get over all?

In my CW, i got an A*- I dont know the exact number so lets just go with a low A*
then from looking at this exam i think i would have got 63 :'(

Does anyone know what this would be overall and how this works? So when you add up your cw and exam what is it out of together?

Someone please please help! thanks

In my CW, i got an A*- I dont know the exact number so lets just go with a low A*

Does anyone know what this would be overall and how this works? So when you add up your cw and exam what is it out of together?

Original post by GCSEgirl13

Original post by GCSEgirl13

Thats a deffo A :biggrin:
Reply 179
unofficial mark scheme anyone? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending