Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Should weed be legalised? THE GREAT DEBATE

Announcements Posted on
    • 52 followers

ReputationRep:
    Personally I think that whether it's legal or not people will still take it.

From hearing various people against and for weed, I have thought of a plan, you might be able to improve it or still be with the view that it should be illegal end of.

The plan:

1) Build weed centers far away from where anyone lives and have people who want to smoke weed to go there.

2) Don't let them go out with weed and sell it, ie you are in charge and that way people who are anti weed wont become angry because people are doing weed in there area.

3) Once you have regulated it, crime related to drugs is gone. No more gangs trying to do drugs as you have undercut them.

4) You only let people of a certain age take it and sign consent forms before hand.

And before you all neg me without fully being informed, just read the plan once again and read Drunk Punx interesting stats.

P.S.

Only reason I am not saying legalise it fully is because that would spark mass protest and that money on policing those people would be better spent elsewhere.

What is your view? Good /bad explain?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hell yeah.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Of course; it is no less harmful than cigarettes or alcohol and it is less addictive than nicotine.

There is no serious reliable evidence that marijuana poses a serious health risk.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Damn straight.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Leaglised? Nah

Legalised? Yes.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Of course. Regardless of the fact it is a health risk, the government shouldn't have control over trivial aspects of life.

Failing that, they should release a detailed report explaining why it's illegal and things like alcohol aren't
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueray)
    Only reason I am not saying legalise it fully is because that would spark mass protest and that money on policing those people would be better spent elsewhere.
    So you're saying we should pander to their ignorance rather than trying to educate them? I bet you'd make a brilliant politician.
    • 52 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by electriic_ink)
    So you're saying we should pander to their ignorance rather than trying to educate them? I bet you'd make a brilliant politician.
    You think any of this education ALONE working? You think millions of people will start taking weed once they are in these far away centers?

You would reduce so much crime, save loads of money and eliminate these drug gangs.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueray)
    Personally I think that whether it's legal or not people will still take it.

From hearing various people against and for weed, I have thought of a plan, you might be able to improve it or still be with the view that it should be illegal end of.

The plan:

1) Build weed centers far away from where anyone lives and have people who want to smoke weed to go there.

2) Don't let them go out with weed and sell it, ie you are in charge and that way people who are anti weed wont become angry because people are doing weed in there area.

3) Once you have regulated it, crime related to drugs is gone. No more gangs trying to do drugs as you have undercut them.

4) You only let people of a certain age take it and sign consent forms.

P.S.

What is your view? Good /bad explain?
    Ridiculously over the top. By all logic, its places that serve alcohol that should be miles out of the way. If you ever seen the disgusting mess thousands of town centre's up the country become on a friday and saturday night, you will know why.
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    Before people who don't know what they're talking about start posting, read through and look at these:

http://psychcentral.com/news/2012/06...nia/39803.html

http://www.clear-uk.org/irresponsibl...ng-foundation/

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2...son-mps-virgin

http://www.saferchoice.org/content/view/24/53/

http://www.hailmaryjane.com/things-y...out-marijuana/
    (It's really only Point 2 on that site that's relevant to this debate, but the others are pretty interesting too).
    • 52 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greenlaner)
    Ridiculously over the top. By all logic, its places that serve alcohol that should be miles out of the way. If you ever seen the disgusting mess thousands of town centre's up the country become on a friday and saturday night, you will know why.
    No it's not OTT because if you read point 2 you would understand why it's justified.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Don't know if you have been follwing Clear and their sociopathic fuhrer, but they are certainly not a group I would want to be assosiated with.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Of course it should be legalized, the government should have no say in what I put into my body. Considering all the evidence suggesting a multitude of benefits to legalizing cannabis and all drugs I don't understand why it's not legal at this present moment. Probably because of all the ignorant people who say cannabis messes up your life whilst holding a bottle of beer in one hand and a cigarette in the other.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Weed can bring on psychosis to those that are vulnerable. So if you want to foot the bill for more schizo's be my guest but my tax is already being wasted on under-age single mothers let alone self inflicted psychosis.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    No, it smells too bad.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes, we should.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    According to the sun ''smoking cannabis is 20 times more likely to give you cancer than smoking cigarettes.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yung Mon£y)
    Weed can bring on psychosis to those that are vulnerable. So if you want to foot the bill for more schizo's be my guest but my tax is already being wasted on under-age single mothers let alone self inflicted psychosis.
    I would have thought the appropriate response would be to legalise it, tax its sale accordingly and commission a programme enabling people to be screened for predisposition to cannabis-induced psychosis. Public funding will go on treating these people whether the drug is legal or not, and legalising it would allow us to levy taxes on it both to deal with and to mitigate the problem.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Eventually it will be. Why try to police something so widely used in the UK? The only way to win the war against canabis is to make it legal and tax it heavily. I think its more a matter of time than anything.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kennedy7697)
    According to the sun ''smoking cannabis is 20 times more likely to give you cancer than smoking cigarettes.
    First of all, if the Sun is your sole source of medical info you might want to branch out.

Second of all, the evidence on cannabis and cancer is currently inconclusive and/or conflicting: e.g. http://www.labnews.co.uk/news/cannab...-cancer-cells/

Thirdly, how many people do you know that smoke as many joints per day as do smokers cigarettes?
Updated: June 9, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.