Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If you could write a letter to your 13 year old self

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    don't listen to people when they say life is hard. it's easy, and you could enjoy it if you only knew that.
    • 160 followers

ReputationRep:
    I would write the truth to my 13-year old self:

imso,

People have lied to you for so long, because the world is messed up. Do you want to know the truth? You're even more messed up that I thought you were. And that's saying something. You are good for nothing. You are worthless. In fact, things are going to go downhill. Sure, there may be spouts of happiness, but they will cripple you. Cripple you so bad because you never knew they were coming and you cannot get rid of them. Even if no one else hates you (which is nonsense, of course people hate you) - I hate you so much, if you were not here anymore, you will have stopped the mental and emotional suffering that I am enduring at this very moment. The fact that you supposedly exist, has made my life a misery. You don't stand a chance of happiness in this world. It's just going to get much worse. Because you're going to meet people who are far more intelligent than you, far more beautiful than you, far more normal than you are.

Because that's what you are. An abnormal freak. Why do you have to be so different? Why can't you just ****ing conform and realise that being different doesn't make you special. No, it just makes you ostracised – no one can understand you. No one will understand you as they cannot see the world from your ridiculous perspective. Yet they were influenced by the world and how society comes to you. You’re in a deep maze. A maze that you cannot escape from and cannot accept. That’s the reality, you can’t accept yourself. You’re going to hate yourself so much, and I’m not surprised that is currently the case.

You’re better off just not living. What is there for you in the future? Put it this way, it’s not going to be a good one. The thing that will torment you is the thing that was with you all this time. Your thoughts. I’m telling you, why can’t you be part of the crowd? But you will never listen, going off in your own path thinking that you’ll discover a place no one has been before. That’s right, a mental prison cell and I hope you’ll stay there forever. You’re pathetic. No one will accept the real you because you can’t accept yourself. You hate yourself. I hate you. You disgust me.
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsveta)
    If you could write a letter to your 13 year old self, what would it say?

I will start us off.

1. Forget T. And don't go there with M. Awk.
    2. Make an effort with other people at school, not just 'your group', because they all leave by sixth form and then you have to start again.
    3. DO NOT GET INVOLVED WITH P, WHATEVER YOU DO, PLEASE.
    4. Save your money. There's a recession coming up.
    5. Take foundation maths GCSE.
    6. Cool things down with M in roughly December 2009. But don't regret any of it.
    7. Give Mx2 a chance
    8. Choose gov&pol A Level instead of History.
    9. Work really hard at Latin AS, get a B, then drop it.
    10. Revise for plays paper in CC.
    11. Retake English AS and redo coursework.
    12. You rock.

XXX
    OP, ought we to be worried that you clearly have history with people with only letters for names? :holmes:
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I don't think I'd tell myself anything. When I first saw the thread I thought of telling myself not to take the IB Diploma as I'll end up wasting 2 years and having to start again with A levels but I did have some good times at that 6th form and I wouldn't want to not experience them just for the sake of going to uni at the same time as everyone else and getting cheaper fees (which I may not pay back in full anyway, and if I do it's because I've got a well-paid job and won't really miss the money). I also thought of telling myself not to bother with my first proper boyfriend who turned out to be a ****, but again I've still got fond memories from the good times we did share and I wouldn't want to lose those.

I've got a firm offer at the university I most want to go to and it looks like I'll get the grades, and when I think about it it's actually better that I'm going now rather than 2 years ago. Firstly I have money saved up from working and will get more in loan/grants under the new system, which means I can get through uni and have some savings at the end of it, and they've recently refurbished the SU and it looks great.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    You are doing fine, all those experiences your having now make who you are in the future. Dont worry so much about school, you get good enough grades in the end for uni and it all works out.
    Don't worry about your lack of serious relationships, you're not fickle you just haven't found anyone you like enough yet to not get bored with.
    You don't make any serious mistakes. Anything that seems terrible now, fades into insignificance by your 20's.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Dear misguided fool.

Stop pretending that you don't play video games because your so called "friends" think it's strange. Don't hide the fact that you love to draw video game/anime fanart. For gods sake, don't bleach your hair ever again, stick with dark browns or reds. Don't trust that boy (you know the one) in your History class because he will just use you. Tell your dad that his girlfriend is a gold digging hoe. Stop trying to be a wannabe goth kid, you're better than that. Buy an Xbox. Other than that, keep on truckin' and studying hard.

Signed,

Your twenty year old self.
    • 80 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cool thread :gthumb:

- Check out this website called The Student Room. It'll help you appreciate the importance of education.
    - When you turn 16 try lifting weights again. I promise you'll enjoy it.
    - When you hear about something called "Facebook", get it. You'll regret it if you leave it 'til later.
    - Stay away from him. When it starts to get weird, back away. Don't get sucked in.
    - Your brother will soon become a teenager and piss you off no-end. Stick with it, he'll calm down eventually.
    - She'll use you, try to realise this sooner and care less.
    - Don't buy that mp3 player that holds 6 songs. Save your money and wait for an "iPod".
    - It'll be 10 years until you find her, but well worth the wait and the crap inbetween.
    - Good things come to those that wait and take that chance. Keep enjoying yourself and playing footie, you won't get as much chance when you're older.
    - You'll be alright mate.
    • 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    I would write the truth to my 13-year old self:

imso,

People have lied to you for so long, because the world is messed up. Do you want to know the truth? You're even more messed up that I thought you were. And that's saying something. You are good for nothing. You are worthless. In fact, things are going to go downhill. Sure, there may be spouts of happiness, but they will cripple you. Cripple you so bad because you never knew they were coming and you cannot get rid of them. Even if no one else hates you (which is nonsense, of course people hate you) - I hate you so much, if you were not here anymore, you will have stopped the mental and emotional suffering that I am enduring at this very moment. The fact that you supposedly exist, has made my life a misery. You don't stand a chance of happiness in this world. It's just going to get much worse. Because you're going to meet people who are far more intelligent than you, far more beautiful than you, far more normal than you are.

Because that's what you are. An abnormal freak. Why do you have to be so different? Why can't you just ****ing conform and realise that being different doesn't make you special. No, it just makes you ostracised – no one can understand you. No one will understand you as they cannot see the world from your ridiculous perspective. Yet they were influenced by the world and how society comes to you. You’re in a deep maze. A maze that you cannot escape from and cannot accept. That’s the reality, you can’t accept yourself. You’re going to hate yourself so much, and I’m not surprised that is currently the case.

You’re better off just not living. What is there for you in the future? Put it this way, it’s not going to be a good one. The thing that will torment you is the thing that was with you all this time. Your thoughts. I’m telling you, why can’t you be part of the crowd? But you will never listen, going off in your own path thinking that you’ll discover a place no one has been before. That’s right, a mental prison cell and I hope you’ll stay there forever. You’re pathetic. No one will accept the real you because you can’t accept yourself. You hate yourself. I hate you. You disgust me.
    I can't even tell the difference between trolling and serious anymore, but imso it saddens me to read this.

Don't waste your time hating yourself, don't have barriers in your mind. I'm sure you would not say these terrible things about your friends but you say them about yourself? You need to quit this forum and start appreciating yourself more. The best people don't wish to be someone else, they don't blame themselves or others and they love themselves and try to be the best they can be.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
    Also, stop thinking the only guy you can get is the one who is clearly using you.. don't let him string you along for 4 years.
    Definitely this.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Get a haircut and wear a decent bra.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Jump off a bridge, because the next 11 years of your life are going to be even more miserable than the last 13, so save yourself some misery.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Dear 13 Year-Old Self

- Your uncle's penis isn't a Rowntree's Fruit Pastille lolly despite what he tells you

Regards
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Don't do those idiotic things :rolleyes:
    And damned well revise for that critical thinking exam - you could get UCAS points from it
    Oh yeah, actually take A levels you enjoy
    But most importantly let your family know just how much they mean to you
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey Buddy just thought i would give you the heads up...

- Study more, xbox less! Sure Call of Duty World At War is fun now but just wait for a game called "Skyrim"

-Exercise more, i know your happy with your weight but a little bit of a shape up would help.

-Your brother treats you like a child and you hate it, believe it or not man he's right even if you deny it mature more.

-DON'T wish to grow up too soon, enjoy your childhood

- Your at the stage of "hormones" don't take it out on your parents.

- Stop Listening to "N-Dubz" and discover Led Zeppelin, Avenged Sevenfold and The Beatles!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Get shares in google
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    A list of all future exam questions so I could rake in the a*s
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    -Stop worrying about ridiculous things and chill out, you do have friends and people do actually like you
    -Stop skiving school, you total fool
    -DO NOT attempt to home dye your hair
    -Be nicer to your family and stop being so moody!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    - You're about to lose all your puppy fat, take advantage of it!
    - Get rid of both guys, they're both idiots.
    - Be confident about your standard grades, you'll do great
    - you're going to move from that awful school in a year and leave all the idiots behind so yay!
    - your best friend's liked you for three years, he'll tell you in two years
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Don't forget God no matter what the athiest R.E. teacher mumbles on about
    Never hold grudges because they are just time wasting
    Move high schools because you're GCSE's are gonna be craap when you leave Yr11
    REVISEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, even when you're in Yr8, reviseeeeeeeeeeeeee
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh and read books for a change, gosh you're English vocabulary is sooo limited -.-

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 7, 2012
New on TSR

Strictly iPlayer

Will you still watch if some BBC programmes go online only?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered Chat threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.