The Student Room Group

Growing muslim intolerance in Indonesia turning to violence and murder

http://www.economist.com/node/21556618

This is the future of Europe. Remember when Indonesia used to be an example of a place where people of different religious beliefs could live side by side? Well it's all a lie. The country is devolving into an islamic sharia state just like every other intolerant racist muslim country.
When muslims outnumber non muslims in Europe, you will wish you had done something but it will be too late. Enjoy your European sharia state.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
lol

So what is the difference in this and Protestant burning down Catholic churchs in NI for example?

Are the protestants trying to establish their 'protestant' law? Are these violent protestants going to someday take the likes of Italy, France and Spain etc by storm and establish 'Paisley Law' over formerly papist Europe?

Just because muslims are violent towards other religions elsewhere doesn't really mean that they are taking over the ****ing world...
Really, this thread, again?
239-oh-look-its-this-thread-again.jpg
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by bestofyou
lol

So what is the difference in this and Protestant burning down Catholic churchs in NI for example?

Are the protestants trying to establish their 'protestant' law? Are these violent protestants going to someday take the likes of Italy, France and Spain etc by storm and establish 'Paisley Law' over formerly papist Europe?

Just because muslims are violent towards other religions elsewhere doesn't really mean that they are taking over the ****ing world...

lol well that's exactly what they're doing.
Reply 4
Smells like a troll. :troll:
Reply 5
Original post by TheLastOfUs
lol well that's exactly what they're doing.

taking over the world...yes, this is their aim. Perhaps you should inform Team America to do something about it before Michael Moore discovers that you have unfoiled his plan to destory the capitalist USA. If you can't get to them before he gets to you, well then you should expect to...'disappear' on your way to school some day
You will have extremists everywhere, stop blaming a whole religion for that.
Original post by bestofyou
lol

The difference is that the Islamic cancer is a much bigger phenomenon. They are murdering and terrorising everywhere from Africa, the Middle East, Afghanistan, Pakistan and now this.

Islamists won't take over the world (obviously), but they will **** over significant parts of it, and we are not isolated from that.

And as a matter of compassion for fellow human beings, women and minorities will be under the oppressive boot of violent fascists with a 7th century belief system that rewards murder and legitimises rape. We may not be able to do much about it, but at least lets not pretend there is an evil going on right in front of us.
Reply 8
Sharia law puts rapists and murderers to death, most Brits want that, but those in charge refuse to give the majority what they want. I'm not saying the population wants Sharia, but are people scared of the law or the name?
Reply 9
Original post by TheHansa
Sharia law puts rapists and murderers to death, most Brits want that, but those in charge refuse to give the majority what they want. I'm not saying the population wants Sharia, but are people scared of the law or the name?

That' bs. In sharia law, women who get raped often get executed for 'adultery'.
Cases like those have happened often in the likes of Afghanistan, Iran and Saudi arabia. The male rapists usually just get a few lashings.
Murderers who kill non muslims are usually rewarded, like the Lockerbie bomber from Lybia and countless other terrorists.
Why do you lie?
Cases like those have happened often in the likes of Afghanistan, Iran and Saudi arabia. The male rapists usually just get a few lashings.
Murderers who kill non muslims are usually rewarded, like the Lockerbie bomber from Lybia and countless other terrorists.
Why do you lie?

You shouldnt learn Islam from a minority group of uneducated village men who are not learned in the religion and who have no scholarly understanding of it.

If you want to criticize Islam, you should criticize it from the scriptures, not the people, otherwise Muslims will just disregard your argument.
Reply 11
Why do you lie?

That first bit is bs

This explains why

Rape is punishable by death in sharia law. However there is some dispute as to which crime it is a part of. In some countries, like Pakistan, rape is considered to be a part of adultery (zina). This has led to some cases where rapists were unable to be punished due to the rape victim lacking 4 witnesses. However, in most countries, such as the United Arab Emirates, rape is considered a part of armed robbery (hiraba), making it easier to convict rapists. However, in most cases, rape is punished as a tazir crime, which could still be the death penalty. Many rape cases are settled out of court, with the rapist paying monetary compensation (jirah) to the victim, and in some cases they pay diyya for injuries inflicted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharia#Penalties

Most of the time rape is punished under either hiraba or tazir the sentence is ususally death with the possbility of a mutual out of court settlement but a small amount of countries treat it as zina which is more difficult to prove (4 witnesses) which is where these horrific stories of girls marrying rapist to avoid punishment come from.

The murder thing is also false, the lockerbie bomber (assuming the man convicted actually did it) was only rewarded because tensions were running high between Britian and Libya, just as any country would praise a war hero, Libya certainly wasn't a Sharia state I mean al-Gaddafi was a player and most Muslims say that no such state exists today.

I may be mistaken here and someone more knowledgeable than me might correct this but you can't just go on hearsay.
(edited 11 years ago)
How the **** did Islam get there!?
When I watch 'Indian Ocean' the other week, two teenagers/young adults were taken to the police stationg for being together and apparantly kissing. Just because they were of opposite genders, unmarried and unaccompanied. I can't imagine any 'westerners' stading for that kind of rule.

I think this was in Indonesia, it might have been somewhere else around there though.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Dirac Delta Function
The difference is that the Islamic cancer is a much bigger phenomenon. They are murdering and terrorising everywhere from Africa, the Middle East, Afghanistan, Pakistan and now this.

Islamists won't take over the world (obviously), but they will **** over significant parts of it, and we are not isolated from that.

And as a matter of compassion for fellow human beings, women and minorities will be under the oppressive boot of violent fascists with a 7th century belief system that rewards murder and legitimises rape. We may not be able to do much about it, but at least lets not pretend there is an evil going on right in front of us.

Prove it
Why do you lie?

Prove using Islamic sources (and not a news article) that Sharia law executes rape victims.
Reply 16
The only thing that is clear from the article is the growing animosity against the Ahmadiyah community.

The most shocking incident occurred in February last year when a mob of 1,500, stoked up by local FPI leaders, attacked the house of a local Ahmadiyah leader in west Java, killing three people.

I don't condone the violence, but that's always been an inner-conflict between Muslims only. For example, in the UK, the Ahmadiyah wanted to build a new mosque, the EDL were going to draw a campaign against it and to their surprise, one had already been done by the Muslim community. They made the largest percentage of the petition against the mosque's construction.

Everything else in the article is vague.

I'll keep this to the point. Shari'ah incorporates pluralism- especially those from the Ahl e Kitab (Jews and Christians).
Had this not been the case, you wouldn't be finding the oldest continuous Christian communities in the Muslim world. Unfortunately this cannot be said about other parts of the world- e.g. in Europe you will not find one single pre-Christian community that has resided their continuously.
Reply 17
Original post by Florrick
The only thing that is clear from the article is the growing animosity against the Ahmadiyah community.

I don't condone the violence, but that's always been an inner-conflict between Muslims only. For example, in the UK, the Ahmadiyah wanted to build a new mosque, the EDL were going to draw a campaign against it and to their surprise, one had already been done by the Muslim community. They made the largest percentage of the petition against the mosque's construction.

Everything else in the article is vague.

I'll keep this to the point. Shari'ah incorporates pluralism- especially those from the Ahl e Kitab (Jews and Christians).
Had this not been the case, you wouldn't be finding the oldest continuous Christian communities in the Muslim world. Unfortunately this cannot be said about other parts of the world- e.g. in Europe you will not find one single pre-Christian community that has resided their continuously.

Did you not read the article? There is increasing intolerance against the christian community. They are closing down churches, attacking christians ...etc.
Reply 18
Did you not read the article? There is increasing intolerance against the christian community. They are closing down churches, attacking christians ...etc.

Anything specific in the article?

No.

Since May 2nd local government officials in the ultra-conservative Muslim province of Aceh, in northern Sumatra, have closed at least 16 Christian churches, citing lack of permits.

Such intimidation, and the ongoing rows over permits, are now so commonplace that they are barely reported.

So how'd we know if this is true. You're going to take The Economist's word. That's fine, but I don't trust any media story by default. You can, the majority of TSR do, I simply don't.

Moving on...
Critics argue that these are only the latest incidents in a remorseless rise of religious intolerance, and often violence. Human Rights Watch, a New York-based lobby group, reports that incidents of sectarian violence became “more deadly and more frequent” last year.

It cites unverified critics and then it states Human Rights Watch issuing an unverified statement.
Reply 19
Original post by Florrick
Anything specific in the article?

No.

So how'd we know if this is true. You're going to take The Economist's word. That's fine, but I don't trust any media story by default. You can, the majority of TSR do, I simply don't.

Moving on...

It cites unverified critics and then it states Human Rights Watch issuing an unverified statement.

lol what a retard. Most of the real evidence of the holocaust was destroyed by the nazis, we get our information about it for a large part from survivors.
So your verdict is the holocaust never happened?
Stay muslim, stay blind.

Quick Reply

Latest