The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
Reply 1
Both are pretty prestigious. I'd choose on the basis of the location. London, or Edinburgh. Edinburgh is pretty, London is at the centre of things. It's a hard choice, but you know.
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
Reply 2
Yeah, its so difficult ! I'm aiming to convert to law afterwards then follow the barrister path, if that makes a difference to which to choose ?
Reply 3
SOAS is religious studies is probably better.

Politics is even methinks.

Go for SOAS.
Reply 4
I'm completely torn, my major worry is the student life @ SOAS. I quite like the large and active union @ Edinburgh, as a former SOAS student would you say you made alot of friends/there was an active social aspect to study @ SOAS.
Good choice and a close call. I would choose SOAS primarily on the basis of its location in London.
i love london because of the amount of stuff that goes on there.
i think the weather is nicer in london than edinburgh too.
silly reasons i know...

the politics and relgions courses look far more interesting at soas than at other unis. i prefer their focus and approach.
Reply 7
I've added a poll ! Do SOAS students meet many other uni london students ? SO TORN !
Because it's that subject, I would definitely go for SOAS. A family friend is a lecturer in islamic philosophy at SOAS and despite the fact he hates london (commutting etc) he said he loves the academic atmosphere - he said there is no other place with the best resources on islam and oriental subjects. You may get better resources designated on your subject area more at SOAS compared to Edinburgh.
Reply 9
SOAS is the overwhelming choice on TSR. :biggrin:
Reply 10
i know, i think i've decided on SOAS now anyway !

Latest

Trending

Trending