Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Imperial A101 - Selection question

Announcements Posted on
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

Looking through Imperial's website (clicky) for the GEM course, it says they assess the grade and content of previous degrees.

Does this realistically mean they're going to just decide based on 1st's, 2:1 etc, or do they look more in depth to the grades in individual modules?

Thanks!

Matt
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they want to see you've done enough physiology-based modules?
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rowdy-rathore)
    Maybe they want to see you've done enough physiology-based modules?
    They have the checklist for that, though, don't they? Or is that what they mean?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattKneale)
    They have the checklist for that, though, don't they? Or is that what they mean?
    Sorry, I'm unsure. I think you should give them a ring to clear things up.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I'm unsure. I think you should give them a ring to clear things up.
    This is true, I shall At some point...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattKneale)
    This is true, I shall At some point...
    I rang for you, she said they look at the overall degree grade i.e. 2.1 minimum and they don't look at individual module results.

With regards to ''checking the content of the previous degree'' she told me to refer to the checklist for the medicine course.

http://www1.imperial.ac.uk/resources...-D4D18FA570AF/

So they'll be looking at the topics, rather than the grades for each module.

Hope this helps.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    I rang for you, she said they look at the overall degree grade i.e. 2.1 minimum and they don't look at individual module results. With regards to ''checking the content of the previous degree'' she told me to refer to the checklist for the medicine course. http://www1.imperial.ac.uk/resources...-D4D18FA570AF/So they'll be looking at the topics, rather than the grades for each module. Hope this helps.
    Oh wow, very helpful. Here, have a thumbs up :P Thanks for the help, and even more for the good news :P
Updated: June 8, 2012
New on TSR

Talk about SQA results day

Join the chat ahead of grades coming out on Tuesday

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.