The Student Room Group

Okay A Levels?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by J.Nalbandian14
Yes those alevel subjects are perfect! Maths and English are academic subjects and I am also doing both of them-unis love them and are considered to be preistigous elements. You are also doing a language which shows your wider dextrousness in areas, as you are an effective communicater. You should definetely be fine.

Thank you so much! That's definitely put my mind at rest a great deal. Good luck with your results! :biggrin:
Reply 41
Thank you all so much for all the help you have been giving me, it is truly helping a lot.

Does anyone have any recommendations of any textbooks or books they have found helpful in general?
I'll be doing AQA for all of the above mentioned except Maths, which will be Edexcel.

Thank you once again! :') :biggrin:
Reply 42
Just a point on the sciences - oxbridge dont care if you dont have sciency subjects if you arent applying for a subject that involves them. And geography is a really good subject, and is quite highly regarded, so it would be a good choice :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 43
Yes those alevel subjects are perfect! Maths and English are academic subjects and I am also doing both of them.

Hey this sounds like such a stupid questions, but, here we go...
1). What would you call "good" grades at GCSE? Please don't say 10000 A*s because I'm not that good aha. But, all A*s and As?
2). Do you think I could cope with A2 Maths even with an A at GCSE if I put in a lot of work?
3). On the Edexcel spec. for Maths they say I can't have a calculator which differentiates, so what calculator do you have? See how stupid.. :L
4). Do unis look at your GCSE grades when you apply, like the Russell Group ones?

Thank you, any answers would be much appreciated! :biggrin:
Good luck with your results! :biggrin:
Original post by BartoBarto
Hey this sounds like such a stupid questions, but, here we go...
1). What would you call "good" grades at GCSE? Please don't say 10000 A*s because I'm not that good aha. But, all A*s and As?
2). Do you think I could cope with A2 Maths even with an A at GCSE if I put in a lot of work?
3). On the Edexcel spec. for Maths they say I can't have a calculator which differentiates, so what calculator do you have? See how stupid.. :L
4). Do unis look at your GCSE grades when you apply, like the Russell Group ones?

Thank you, any answers would be much appreciated! :biggrin:
Good luck with your results! :biggrin:

1) I didnt do great at gcse, I got 3 As, 9Bs and 1 C;but gcses are less important compared to a-levels

2)and yes you could cope with it, I got an A at gcse but a lot of work is required-in gcse there are many easy topics but at alevel it is not easy at all.

3)I just have a nomral scientific calculator (Casio)

4) Not really, only when they are struggling to choose between two applicants. However,for law and medicine all gcses will be checked; as for oxbridge.

Good Luck!
Reply 45
1) I didnt do great at gcse, I got 3 As, 9Bs and 1 C;but gcses are less important compared to a-levels

2)and yes you could cope with it, I got an A at gcse but a lot of work is required-in gcse there are many easy topics but at alevel it is not easy at all.

3)I just have a nomral scientific calculator (Casio)

4) Not really, only when they are struggling to choose between two applicants. However,for law and medicine all gcses will be checked; as for oxbridge.

Good Luck!

Thank you so much! Your results aren't bad! There will be people in my year in a few months who will be lucky to get one C.
Ahh thank you!
I'm not planning to do law or medicine, so that's okay, I don't have any idea as of yet, so unprepared. :frown:

I did try to give you another + rep. but it wouldn't let me, so I apologise for that, aha. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest