The Student Room Group

How much to entry grades matter?

If my uni asked for B in Politics and Philosophy A2, C in Eng Lang A2 and b in Eng Lit As could I still get in if I got A in Philo or Politics and a C in Eng Lit? - they don't focus on UCAS points

Plus he said if I miss a grade by a bit to still call him, so how much is a bit and how many others, whatever uni, were told this?

Thanks =)

Ohh plus do you think it will be any easier to get into uni this year, considering 10% drop in applications?? :confused:
Original post by pinkfreekyfrog
If my uni asked for B in Politics and Philosophy A2, C in Eng Lang A2 and b in Eng Lit As could I still get in if I got A in Philo or Politics and a C in Eng Lit? - they don't focus on UCAS points

Plus he said if I miss a grade by a bit to still call him, so how much is a bit and how many others, whatever uni, were told this?

It's very subjective. There's really no way to know if they'll still take you under whatever circumstances of not meeting your offer and even the admissions tutor won't know until they get the A level results a few days before results day. Plenty of people will be told things like that, but if they take everyone who meets their offers for that course and have no places left afterwards, you won't be going there even if you were only one mark short of meeting the offer.

Ohh plus do you think it will be any easier to get into uni this year, considering 10% drop in applications?? :confused:

Not noticeably.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending