Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Racism : UK today in communities

Announcements Posted on
Live webchat: Student Finance explained - on TSR from 2 - 3pm 17-09-2014
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Either a troll or someone suffering from delusions/paranoia.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PTK)
    In our area we have group of white men harassing, intimidating /stalking asian girls.. Have a group of white ambulance drivers following asian girls for fun using NHS vehicles. I just don't understand why they see as fun. On occassions they have been elderly patients in the vehicle and you really feel sorry for them. I am aware that this is a small group and that the majority of ambulance drivers are highly respectable and professional. These are roles that people look up to , life saving jobs .. so you can see how disappointing it is when you come across such conduct. All I am saying is that is sad and something needs to be done to improve situations for the better. in the community.

Wherever the girls are travelling to , they get other ambulance drivers in this area to initiate same behaviour. This network seems to spread to other people who work for fire & rescue , UK supermarkets, stores, shopping centres, national and local organisations in UK and this is the tip of the iceberg. In my opinion, there is nothing to be achieved in doing this. It would be much better building links and bridges and improving our understanding , so as to accept each others cultures and values. Wouldn't life be easier if we just learned to talk and listen and understand one another better.

The people in our community know this happening and am really surprised that the authorities have not stepped in to diffuse the situation and make it a safer place for all.
    We live in multicultural Britain - is there really a need for such behaviour. Wouldn't it be easier for everyone - to live a peaceful life and just accept each others culture.

Does anyone know of anything similar that is happening to other Asian families in their area?
    That's right, because the Asian community are well known for ignoring insults both real and perceived aren't they.
    You are one of the following
    1 Mentally ill with a bad case of paranoid delusions.
    2 A white supremacist troll trying to wind up none Asians
    3 An Asian troll trying to deflect from recent on street sex crimes
    As I try not to feed trolls this is the last I will post on this.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PTK)
    In our area we have group of white men harassing, intimidating /stalking asian girls.. Have a group of white ambulance drivers following asian girls for fun using NHS vehicles. I just don't understand why they see as fun. On occassions they have been elderly patients in the vehicle and you really feel sorry for them. I am aware that this is a small group and that the majority of ambulance drivers are highly respectable and professional. These are roles that people look up to , life saving jobs .. so you can see how disappointing it is when you come across such conduct. All I am saying is that is sad and something needs to be done to improve situations for the better. in the community.

Wherever the girls are travelling to , they get others including other ambulance drivers in the area at that time to initiate same behaviour. This network seems to spread to other people who work for fire & rescue , UK supermarkets, stores, shopping centres, national and local organisations in UK and this is the tip of the iceberg. In my opinion, there is nothing to be achieved in doing this. It would be much better building links and bridges and improving our understanding , so as to accept each others cultures and values. Wouldn't life be easier if we just learned to talk and listen and understand one another better.

The people in our community know this happening and am really surprised that the authorities have not stepped in to diffuse the situation and make it a safer place for all.

We live in multicultural Britain - is there really a need for such behaviour. Wouldn't it be easier for everyone - to live a peaceful life and just accept each others culture.

Does anyone know of anything similar that is or has been happening to other Asian families in their area?

(This is moderated discussion forum and the UK government now has legislation in place to tackle trolls on websites.)
    The most pathetic load of unsubstantiated bull crap ive ever read.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Strange how no one else seems to have experienced this... hmmmm
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    stop wasting internet space.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OJ S)
    Strange how no one else seems to have experienced this... hmmmm
    Its takes alot of strength and courage to come forwardafter you have been bullied to extremes. The girls and their families will be worried that by coming forward things may get worse for them. It takes time but hopefully they are reading this with their families and gaining strength on how to deal with this. Legal advice is usually free for the first consultation.

OJS .. don't worry about them coming forward. They will do this in their own time. Meanwhile.. there is information out there to help them.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    why is it tht white people are the most racist race in the world? the **** they done in the past the **** they do now and the **** they will do in the future
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by umarrehman187)
    why is it tht white people are the most racist race in the world? the **** they done in the past the **** they do now and the **** they will do in the future
    Western Europe is one of the most tolerant places on the planet. You need to get your head checked.

I wonder what would happen if a black man married into a Pakistani family in Pakistan. In Britain, that would be accepted by the majority of people.

Maybe you should go on a trip to Russia and Japan, and that might give you some perspective.

Also, learn some damn grammar.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harrifer)
    Western Europe is one of the most tolerant places on the planet. You need to get your head checked.

I wonder what would happen if a black man married into a Pakistani family in Pakistan. In Britain, that would be accepted by the majority of people.

Maybe you should go on a trip to Russia and Japan, and that might give you some perspective.

Also, learn some damn grammar.
    yh it looks tolerant from outside...but **** yh it has to be tolerant britain took over india for years then caused problems, so **** yh they hve to be tolerant becasue we were toleratn when they were in our country and when they robbed that diamond which is in the queens bloody crown!

and yh britain looks toleratn from outside but when your inside staying here you realise how people are racist on the low....

and pakistani people are different... british people have no cultural values they do what they want etc but pakistani and notr onli pakistani but mexican, african all the back home have values and if you tried it on with a mexican girl i bet they would kill your ass too....so its not onli pakistani!!!!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by umarrehman187)
    yh it looks tolerant from outside...but **** yh it has to be tolerant britain took over india for years then caused problems, so **** yh they hve to be tolerant becasue we were toleratn when they were in our country and when they robbed that diamond which is in the queens bloody crown!

and yh britain looks toleratn from outside but when your inside staying here you realise how people are racist on the low....

and pakistani people are different... british people have no cultural values they do what they want etc but pakistani and notr onli pakistani but mexican, african all the back home have values and if you tried it on with a mexican girl i bet they would kill your ass too....so its not onli pakistani!!!!
    There is racism everywhere, in every country. I didn't mean to say the UK is some perfect place (because nowhere is), what I meant to say is that it's a place where people are trying to improve things. Our culture today is becoming more and more about tolerance and progress. I wonder what your experience would be living in

Also, hating the idea of other men dating/marrying/boning 'your' women is racism, not 'cultural values'. The reason that view is less prevalent in the UK is because of the tolerance I mentioned earlier. I was using Pakistan as one example, but your response shows the kind of victim mentality you have.

It's funny you think British people have 'no cultural values'. That isn't a lack of cultural values, it's tolerance. You really have nothing to gain by criticising the cultural liberalism of the west, because it's the same liberalism that combats racism.

Ths...luks....stupd....
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    What does this mean?

(This is moderated discussion forum and the UK government now has legislation in place to tackle trolls on websites.)

And hello , scholar ummareh!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harrifer)
    There is racism everywhere, in every country. I didn't mean to say the UK is some perfect place (because nowhere is), what I meant to say is that it's a place where people are trying to improve things. Our culture today is becoming more and more about tolerance and progress. I wonder what your experience would be living in

Also, hating the idea of other men dating/marrying/boning 'your' women is racism, not 'cultural values'. The reason that view is less prevalent in the UK is because of the tolerance I mentioned earlier. I was using Pakistan as one example, but your response shows the kind of victim mentality you have.

It's funny you think British people have 'no cultural values'. That isn't a lack of cultural values, it's tolerance. You really have nothing to gain by criticising the cultural liberalism of the west, because it's the same liberalism that combats racism.

Ths...luks....stupd....
    We should be working towards acceptance not tolerance. This brings us all closer to community cohesion. Understanding and accepting each others cultural values.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PTK)
    We should be working towards acceptance not tolerance. This brings us all closer to community cohesion. Understanding and accepting each others cultural values.
    WTF. Why would English people want to accept pakistani cultural values?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    From a sociological perspective, operationalising the concept of racism can be difficult.
    Therefore, your interpretation may be different to those in the same community, whether this is subjected to prejudice or stereotyping.

I think the step forward would be to report 'claimed' incidents to your local authorities and wait for a response. You may describe them as 'institutional racists' but they do to do their job in an objective manner

Sorry, wanted to put sociology to context lol.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PTK)
    Email TSR and they will help you understand what it means and if you have any further questions they can answer them.

You should have read the guidelines / terms and conditions of use but TSR can help you with this.
    I meant are you now in legal trouble because of this thread upsetting "community cohesion" or something?

Also, alot of ambulance drivers are white mate. If you want NHS service to also cover your self segregated ghetto, I suggest you let them do their job.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    the vast majority of racism whether violent, verbal or in the form of discrimination is aimed at white people, anyone who disagrees with this or thinks differently does not have a proper understanding of racism
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bonged.)
    WTF. Why would English people want to accept pakistani cultural values?

We should be accepting of everyones cultural values regardless of race, ethnicity or religion. Do you know how much Foreign Direct Investment has come into the UK , to support the growth of the UK economy from Asian countries. Without it the UK would be struggling - is this not a good enough reason to accept each others cultural values when we rely on these countries for income.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PTK)
    We should be accepting of everyones cultural values regardless of race, ethnicity or religion. Do you know how much Foreign Direct Investment has come into the UK , to support the growth of the UK economy from Asian countries. Without it the UK would be struggling - is this not a good enough reason to accept each others cultural values when we rely on these countries for income.
    Until I see the same happening in Asia, then no.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 23, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.