The Student Room Group

How would Britain be today without 'Multiculturalism'? Look at Poland-Ukraine

Scroll to see replies

Or perhaps people are just as racist here they are just scared by the huge number of foreign gangs that will murder and rape their children if they say anything?
Original post by Beebumble
Why is change such a bad thing?:s-smilie: I personally don't want to live in culture based on 'christian values' where being gay is a sin and women are property. I think religion is private matter and shouldn't be based on where you so happen to be born. The CoE is not going anywhere though and will remain the biggest religion in this country for some time. If it doesn't it'll be because of more people turning against non-organised religion in general.

Language is always evolving. The English language is already a mixture of Latin, French, German even some Indian and so many other languages. English is the most widely used language in the world (not the most widely spoken native language which I know is Mandarin) it's not going anywhere. It'll evolve yes but that'll happen with or without multiculturalism.

May I add British people never descended from one culture neither.

Multiculturalism doesn't work; never has, never will.
Original post by Harry Callahan

What is multiculturalism?

You do know you did not come from one culture.
Reply 84
I've been to Poland and the Ukraine. I like them both. May move to one of them.
Original post by Beebumble
You do know you did not come from one culture.

Of course, but multiculturalism in the definition I've given below doesn't work.
Original post by whyumadtho
What is multiculturalism?

"the doctrine that several different cultures (rather than one national culture) can coexist peacefully and equitably in a single country"
"the doctrine that several different cultures (rather than one national culture) can coexist peacefully and equitably in a single country"
What traits comprise 'British culture'?

It's an easy enough question. If 'multiculturalism'/the coexistence of 'several different cultures' is a new phenomenon, what is this apparently single 'British culture' to which 'new cultures' have been introduced?
(edited 11 years ago)
What traits comprise 'British culture'?

It's an easy enough question. If 'multiculturalism'/the coexistence of 'several different cultures' is a new phenomenon, what is this apparently single 'British culture' to which 'new cultures' have been introduced?

There isn't a British culture any more, as I've already pointed out. It's been watered down by mass immigration, political correctness and numerous other things.
There isn't a British culture any more, as I've already pointed out. It's been watered down by mass immigration, political correctness and numerous other things.
What was it before?
What was it before?

It was a place where people were actually proud to be British, with national pride. There's none of that now, mainly because there are so many immigrants that speak barely a word of the language.
It was a place where people were actually proud to be British, with national pride. There's none of that now, mainly because there are so many immigrants that speak barely a word of the language.
What about the people who did not have national pride?
What about the people who did not have national pride?

Practically everyone did. Don't ask me to prove it, because it's impossible.
Practically everyone did. Don't ask me to prove it, because it's impossible.
So it's impossible to prove, yet you are making an assertion that 'practically everyone did'? On what basis are you able to make that claim?

You never actually answered my question: what about the people who did not have national pride? If British culture = possessing national pride, what culture were those who did not have national pride following?
So it's impossible to prove, yet you are making an assertion that 'practically everyone did'? On what basis are you able to make that claim?

You never actually answered my question: what about the people who did not have national pride? If British culture = possessing national pride, what culture were those who did not have national pride following?

Everyone had national pride then. I have no problem with immigrants, provided they contribute positively to the country, but too many of them don't, and are simply here to sponge off the state. This country is a soft touch.
Everyone had national pride then. I have no problem with immigrants, provided they contribute positively to the country, but too many of them don't, and are simply here to sponge off the state. This country is a soft touch.
Do you have any evidence at all to support your assertion that everyone had national pride?

What you are saying is treason and sedition!
Do you have any evidence at all to support your assertion that everyone had national pride?

No. But it doesn't need evidence; it's true. You get called racist nowadays for having a Union Jack in your window.
No. But it doesn't need evidence; it's true.
It's not axiomatic because you say so. All British people were paedophiles in the past. It doesn't need evidence because it's true.
Original post by Ivanka
Poland wasn't part of the USSR, revise history please.

Er, it was still forced into communism by the USSR for a long time.

I don't know, ithe news is really frustrating me because everyone is going on about how agressive the russians and the polish were being while forgetting Britain once also had a very large problem with football related fighting carried out by hooligans.

Indeed, Polish people can be racist (I'm Polish myself) but I would prefer Poland not to become multicultural like Britain because it would cause the country to lose all of it's own traditions and culture like in Britain, not because I don't like people of other races. I just find it really sad when countries lose their own culture and traditions over time. Like I find it really sad that scandinavian countries have become christianised.

Immigration to Poland is increasing and many people are against this because they see what has happened to other countries which have 'embraced' multiculturalism. Tensions between Poland and Russia will still happen I think because of what happened in the past, but luckily their match is over now.

(sorry if it doesnt make much sense but i sort of wrote in a rush)
It's not axiomatic because you say so. All British people were paedophiles in the past. It doesn't need evidence because it's true.

You're deliberately being pedantic, though. I think you'll find the majority of people would agree with me, but you continue to disagree, I really don't care.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending