The Student Room Group

transfer to new uni_ is it too late? please help please

Hello,

I had very good marks in my Foundation year but the course next year here is not what I thought so I'm planning to transfer to another uni. They had told me they will make me an offer. But how do I take it?

I already made my loan application for my current uni. The Student Finance site says to go to "Make changes in my course" and let the new university know,.. but there is not such an option in their site!!

My accepting uni told me to make a new application, but they didnt help me more. (will I do two applications under the same name?)

What should I do? Am I too late to be considered?

please help me with this as the time is running out.
Reply 1
You need to make a new application through UCAS, which is presumably what the new uni meant. This will be pretty much the same as the last time you applied, but when choosing your course make sure you set the entry point as "2".

You should be able to change the uni details when you've logged into the student finance site, but if you can't figure it out then phone them.
Reply 2
I don't think you should create a whole new account.

Regarding SFE - you just do a change of circumstances form, it's really simple (well providing SFE don't mess anything up) and all should be fine. If you can't find it on your website request they send it out to you.

Or if you really want, ask them to cancel your current application for SFE next year and start a fresh one after it's cancelled (still using your original account details), however this could get messy so I would just do a change of circumstances form.

Regarding UCAS, wait until you have an official offer through them before you pull out officially of your current university.

If you are currently in a foundation year and looking to go into year 1, you won't put point of entry 2, (as thats if your going straight to second year), it would be point of entry 1.

Unless your planning on going into second year, in which case you put "2".

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending