Results are out! Find what you Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in for personalised advice on applying to uni New here? Join for free to post

transfer to new uni_ is it too late? please help please

Announcements Posted on
Fancy winning £500? Join the Summer Bucket List Challenge and beat the holiday boredom! 06-07-2015
Waiting on IB results? Our IB results hub explains everything you need to know 01-06-2015
  1. Offline


    I had very good marks in my Foundation year but the course next year here is not what I thought so I'm planning to transfer to another uni. They had told me they will make me an offer. But how do I take it?

    I already made my loan application for my current uni. The Student Finance site says to go to "Make changes in my course" and let the new university know,.. but there is not such an option in their site!!

    My accepting uni told me to make a new application, but they didnt help me more. (will I do two applications under the same name?)

    What should I do? Am I too late to be considered?

    please help me with this as the time is running out.
  2. Offline

    You need to make a new application through UCAS, which is presumably what the new uni meant. This will be pretty much the same as the last time you applied, but when choosing your course make sure you set the entry point as "2".

    You should be able to change the uni details when you've logged into the student finance site, but if you can't figure it out then phone them.
  3. Offline

    I don't think you should create a whole new account.

    Regarding SFE - you just do a change of circumstances form, it's really simple (well providing SFE don't mess anything up) and all should be fine. If you can't find it on your website request they send it out to you.

    Or if you really want, ask them to cancel your current application for SFE next year and start a fresh one after it's cancelled (still using your original account details), however this could get messy so I would just do a change of circumstances form.

    Regarding UCAS, wait until you have an official offer through them before you pull out officially of your current university.

    If you are currently in a foundation year and looking to go into year 1, you won't put point of entry 2, (as thats if your going straight to second year), it would be point of entry 1.

    Unless your planning on going into second year, in which case you put "2".


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 11, 2012
TSR Support Team
New on TSR

IB results chat

Good luck everyone - loads of support here


Think you'll be in clearing or adjustment?

Hear direct from unis that want to talk to you

Get email alerts for university course places that match your subjects and grades. Just let us know what you're studying.

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.