Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Ultimate goal of Islam

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Really? I've never heard this ever before.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ya'aburnee)
    Are you by any chance an Islamophobe posing as an ex-Muslim to give yourself the image of an 'insider'? Like a saviour to the world, to tell all the non-Muslims of the evil that is Islam. It's all one big dark secret.
    I think you're under the delusion that there's no such thing as an ex-Muslim, believe me, there are plenty of ex-Muslims, many do not come out as open Atheists because they fear being socially excluded, disowned, and in some cases, even death.

If you want to see plenty of ex-Muslims, check out this forum:
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/in...02b7ff49f0;www
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iqbal007)
    Good source :rolleyes: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_...ations_of_bias

"Brian Whitaker, the Middle East editor for The Guardian newspaper wrote in a public email debate with Carmon, that his problem with MEMRI was that it "poses as a research institute when it's basically a propaganda operation." [5] Earlier, Whitaker had charged that MEMRI's role was to "further the political agenda of Israel." and that MEMRI's website does not mention Carmon's employment for Israeli intelligence, or Meyrav Wurmser's political stance, which he described as an "extreme brand of Zionism." [3] Carmon responded to this by stating that his employment history is not a secret and was not political, as he served under opposing administrations of the Israeli government and that perhaps the issue was that he was Israeli: "If your complaint is that I am Israeli, then please say so." Camron also questioned Whitaker's own biases, wondering if Whitaker's is biased in favor of Arabs -as his website on the middle east is named "Al-Bab" ("The Gateway" in Arabic)- stating: "I wonder how you would judge an editor whose website was called "Ha-Sha-ar" ("The Gateway" in Hebrew)?[5]
    MEMRI is one of several organizations that monitor and translate Arab news media. While the organization's translations are regularly quoted by major international newspapers, its work has generated strong criticism. Critics have accused MEMRI of often producing inaccurate translations with undue emphasis and selectivity and disseminating the most extreme views from Arabic and Persian media while ignoring moderate views that are often found in the same media outlets."

"Several critics have accused MEMRI of selectivity. They state that MEMRI consistently picks for translation and dissemination the most extreme views, which portray the Arab and Muslim world in a negative light, while ignoring moderate views that are often found in the same media outlets.[3][28][28][29][30] Juan Cole, Professor of Modern Middle East History at the University of Michigan, argues MEMRI has a tendency to "cleverly cherry-pick the vast Arabic press, which serves 300 million people, for the most extreme and objectionable articles and editorials...On more than one occasion I have seen, say, a bigoted Arabic article translated by MEMRI and when I went to the source on the web, found that it was on the same op-ed page with other, moderate articles arguing for tolerance."

MEMRI videos have been used by the government and by major news agencies.

The translation of this video is also correct because I speak proficient Arabic and am able to vouch for its accuracy. MEMRI would not dare damage its reputation by daring to intentionally misrepresent, and it doesn't need to because Muslims dont really make any secret of their belief that Islam is the superior world religion and it will one day take over. Besides they have plenty of videos of moderate speakers, but the fact is that in the Arab world the extreme view holds sway....also its not an extreme thing to say that Islam will take over, since you as a Muslim must believe that....do you not, iqbal?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Politricks)
    I think you're under the delusion that there's no such thing as an ex-Muslim, believe me, there are plenty of ex-Muslims, many do not come out as open Atheists because they fear being socially excluded, disowned, and in some cases, even death.

If you want to see plenty of ex-Muslims, check out this forum:
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/in...02b7ff49f0;www
    Oh no, you're under the wrong impression. I know there are ex-Muslims and I know some personally myself. I've just seen enough tricks from Islamophobes -- who are not ex-Muslims -- to not be suspicious.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaharaDesert)
    I didn't take offense, I was merely pointing out that your argument was false.
    And by the way, that was not your original assertion.
    Yes it was.
    And false only by your opinion.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ya'aburnee)
    Oh no, you're under the wrong impression. I know there are ex-Muslims and I know some personally myself. I've just seen enough tricks from Islamophobes -- who are not ex-Muslims -- to not be suspicious.
    Apologies, yes, that is true, some people do pretend to be ex-Muslims, I've seen videos on Youtube where Christians were pretending to be ex-Muslims, but were exposed as being Christian all their life.
    • 48 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ExMuslim)
    MEMRI videos have been used by the government and by major news agencies.

The translation of this video is also correct because I speak proficient Arabic and am able to vouch for its accuracy. MEMRI would not dare damage its reputation by daring to intentionally misrepresent, and it doesn't need to because Muslims dont really make any secret of their belief that Islam is the superior world religion and it will one day take over. Besides they have plenty of videos of moderate speakers, but the fact is that in the Arab world the extreme view holds sway....also its not an extreme thing to say that Islam will take over, since you as a Muslim must believe that....do you not, iqbal?
    MEMRI is so obviously biased ""The Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI) is a Middle Eastern not for profit[1] press monitoring organization with headquarters located in Washington, DC. MEMRI was co-founded in 1998 by Yigal Carmon, a former colonel in the Israeli military intelligence and Meyrav Wurmser, an Israeli-born, American political scientist.

Did you even bother to read the criticism they faced for their mistranslations:

"In 2007, CNN correspondent Atika Shubert and Arabic translators accused MEMRI of mistranslating portions of a Palestinian children's television programme.
    "Media watchdog MEMRI translates one caller as saying - quote - 'We will annihilate the Jews,"' said Shubert. "But, according to several Arabic speakers used by CNN, the caller actually says 'The Jews are killing us."'[51][52]

"Following the 7 July 2005 London bombings, Al Jazeera invited Hani al-Sebai, an Islamist living in Britain, to take part in a discussion on the event. For one segment of the discussion in regard to the victims, MEMRI provided the following translation of al-Sebai's words:
    the term civilians does not exist in Islamic religious law. Dr Karmi is sitting here, and I am sitting here, and I’m familiar with religious law. There is no such term as civilians in the modern western sense. People are either at war or not.[42]
    Al-Sebai subsequently claimed that MEMRI had mistranslated his interview, and that among other errors, he had actually said:
    there is no term in Islamic jurisprudence called civilians. Dr Karmi is here sitting with us, and he's very familiar with the jurisprudence. There are fighters and non-fighters. Islam is against the killing of innocents. The innocent man cannot be killed according to Islam.
    By leaving out the condemnation of the "killing of innocents" entirely, Mohammed El Oifi writing in Le Monde diplomatique argued that this translation left the implication that civilians (the innocent) are considered a legitimate target.[34] Several British newspapers subsequently used MEMRI's translation to run headlines such as "Islamic radical has praised the suicide bomb attacks on the capital"[43] prompting al-Sebai to demand an apology and take legal action. He also claimed that MEMRI's translation was "an incitement to have me arrested by the British authorities."[44]"

Clearly MEMRI's got issue, another time a person wrote a book after Zionism, but guess what! they translated Zionism into Jews/Judaism........kinda sums it up.

Why would anyone trust a biased source, regardless if yourself are "proficient Arabic"......to translate requires far better Arabic and being able to understand the number of different dialects that exist of it.

" Juan Cole, Professor of Modern Middle East History at the University of Michigan, argues MEMRI has a tendency to "cleverly cherry-pick the vast Arabic press, which serves 300 million people, for the most extreme and objectionable articles and editorials...On more than one occasion I have seen, say, a bigoted Arabic article translated by MEMRI and when I went to the source on the web, found that it was on the same op-ed page with other, moderate articles arguing for tolerance. These latter were not translated."[31] " Clearly this states otherwise about the moderate speakers.

Anyone of any belief say that their faith is the one true one, so obviously their follows will say they are superior...it doesn't matter if they are Muslim, Christian or whatever.

"
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes it was.
    And false only by your opinion.
    False according to logic.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    MEMRI is so obviously biased ""The Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI) is a Middle Eastern not for profit[1] press monitoring organization with headquarters located in Washington, DC. MEMRI was co-founded in 1998 by Yigal Carmon, a former colonel in the Israeli military intelligence and Meyrav Wurmser, an Israeli-born, American political scientist.

Did you even bother to read the criticism they faced for their mistranslations:

"In 2007, CNN correspondent Atika Shubert and Arabic translators accused MEMRI of mistranslating portions of a Palestinian children's television programme.
    "Media watchdog MEMRI translates one caller as saying - quote - 'We will annihilate the Jews,"' said Shubert. "But, according to several Arabic speakers used by CNN, the caller actually says 'The Jews are killing us."'[51][52]

"Following the 7 July 2005 London bombings, Al Jazeera invited Hani al-Sebai, an Islamist living in Britain, to take part in a discussion on the event. For one segment of the discussion in regard to the victims, MEMRI provided the following translation of al-Sebai's words:
    the term civilians does not exist in Islamic religious law. Dr Karmi is sitting here, and I am sitting here, and I’m familiar with religious law. There is no such term as civilians in the modern western sense. People are either at war or not.[42]
    Al-Sebai subsequently claimed that MEMRI had mistranslated his interview, and that among other errors, he had actually said:
    there is no term in Islamic jurisprudence called civilians. Dr Karmi is here sitting with us, and he's very familiar with the jurisprudence. There are fighters and non-fighters. Islam is against the killing of innocents. The innocent man cannot be killed according to Islam.
    By leaving out the condemnation of the "killing of innocents" entirely, Mohammed El Oifi writing in Le Monde diplomatique argued that this translation left the implication that civilians (the innocent) are considered a legitimate target.[34] Several British newspapers subsequently used MEMRI's translation to run headlines such as "Islamic radical has praised the suicide bomb attacks on the capital"[43] prompting al-Sebai to demand an apology and take legal action. He also claimed that MEMRI's translation was "an incitement to have me arrested by the British authorities."[44]"

Clearly MEMRI's got issue, another time a person wrote a book after Zionism, but guess what! they translated Zionism into Jews/Judaism........kinda sums it up.

Why would anyone trust a biased source, regardless if yourself are "proficient Arabic"......to translate requires far better Arabic and being able to understand the number of different dialects that exist of it.

" Juan Cole, Professor of Modern Middle East History at the University of Michigan, argues MEMRI has a tendency to "cleverly cherry-pick the vast Arabic press, which serves 300 million people, for the most extreme and objectionable articles and editorials...On more than one occasion I have seen, say, a bigoted Arabic article translated by MEMRI and when I went to the source on the web, found that it was on the same op-ed page with other, moderate articles arguing for tolerance. These latter were not translated."[31] " Clearly this states otherwise about the moderate speakers.

Anyone of any belief say that their faith is the one true one, so obviously their follows will say they are superior...it doesn't matter if they are Muslim, Christian or whatever.

"

Bro stop your desperate attempt to change the topic

Question: Do you, as a practicing believing Muslim, believe one day that the word of Allah will reign supreme and that all disbelievers will be vanquished by the army of Allah? It's a yes or no question.
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    You're a Muslim I trust, wouldn't you be willing to become shaheed to establish the law of Allah on Earth? if you deny this because of what others may think of you, then you are a coward so answer honestly now.
    In other words, would I die for my beliefs? Of course, much rather that, than die for my nation (or £18k a year apparently).

I think most people would die for what "they believe in", rather than what "they did not believe in".

I was a Muslim and I know a lot about the religion.
    Well, this is certainly the first time I've ever heard of this! :rolleyes:

because according to the KORAN and HADITH which constitute the guiding literature of Islam,
    Question. Have you always spelled it as "KORAN"?

Question: Do you, as a practicing believing Muslim, believe one day that the word of Allah will reign supreme and that all disbelievers will be vanquished by the army of Allah? It's a yes or no question.
    For an Ex-Muslim, you sure miss out on a few details.

Didn't you know that before judgment day arrives, there won't be any religious people left on the planet?

You also used Memri which pretty much gave you away immediately.
    • 48 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bro stop your desperate attempt to change the topic

The topic at hand I brought up, is the LEGITIMACY OF THE SOURCE OF THE VIDEO

In regards with any faith at hand, they believe they will go to heaven and that their faith was correct when judgement day comes...........but with any faith they can't be clear on will and who won't go to heaven.

AS YOU IGNORED MY QUESTION OF THE VIDEOS SOURCE, I'LL TAKE IT THAT THE SOURCE IS BIASED AND THE TRANSLATION IS WRONG AND COMES FROM A VERY SMALL VIEW OF EXTREMISM WHICH YOU ARE USING TO ATTACK AN ENTIRE FAITH.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    The topic at hand I brought up, is the LEGITIMACY OF THE SOURCE OF THE VIDEO

In regards with any faith at hand, they believe they will go to heaven and that their faith was correct when judgement day comes...........but with any faith they can't be clear on will and who won't go to heaven.

AS YOU IGNORED MY QUESTION OF THE VIDEOS SOURCE, I'LL TAKE IT THAT THE SOURCE IS BIASED AND THE TRANSLATION IS WRONG AND COMES FROM A VERY SMALL VIEW OF EXTREMISM WHICH YOU ARE USING TO ATTACK AN ENTIRE FAITH.

The translation is correct. Anybody who speaks arabic can testify to that effect. You seem to be a desperate person trying to derail the thread so from hence you will be ignored unless you can contribute meaningfully and not through the use of gigantic copy/paste and caplocks.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perseveranze)

i just wanted to ask what is memri???
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perseveranze)
    In other words, would I die for my beliefs? Of course, much rather that, than die for my nation (or £18k a year apparently).

I think most people would die for what "they believe in", rather than what "they did not believe in".

Well, this is certainly the first time I've ever heard of this! :rolleyes:

Question. Have you always spelled it as "KORAN"?

For an Ex-Muslim, you sure miss out on a few details.

Didn't you know that before judgment day arrives, there won't be any religious people left on the planet?

Doesn't Islam say that during the qiyamah (end times) Muslims will slaugther all the Jews, and that whenever a jew hides behind a tree it will shout "oh Muslim, there's a jew behind me come kill him!", and that only one species of tree will not say this. At least this is what I was taught as a kid, were you not taught this? Do you also accept my proposal that Muslims totally renounce violence in the name of Allah?
    • 48 followers

ReputationRep:
    The translation is correct. Anybody who speaks arabic can testify to that effect. You seem to be a desperate person trying to derail the thread so from hence you will be ignored unless you can contribute meaningfully and not through the use of gigantic copy/paste and caplocks.
    Anybody who can speak Arabic? That's hardly true, considering the numerous dialects of Arabic out there in the world, plus the facts that translating Arabic is hard itself when words don't exist in English which can fully translate Arabic.

Whats the point of making a thread and claiming so and so...........its not derailing when the source you are using as evidence has clear issues..........
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farhiyaserar)
    i just wanted to ask what is memri???
    It's a service that monitors Arab/Muslim tv channels all the time and translates them into English. It's often used by news agencies like CNN to show the western people what Arabs are saying on their tv channels. Muslims don't like it because it was started by a Jewish person, which means its automatically untrustworthy. Shows how anti semetic they are.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anybody who can speak Arabic? That's hardly true, considering the numerous dialects of Arabic out there in the world, plus the facts that translating Arabic is hard itself when words don't exist in English which can fully translate Arabic.

Whats the point of making a thread and claiming so and so...........its not derailing when the source you are using as evidence has clear issues..........

Dialects? Don't you know anything about Arabic tv.....Only Modern Standard Arabic is spoken on tv channels. And what's wrong with the source? Are you saying that the Shayk is saying something incorrect? Is the Shayk WRONG when he says that Islam is the perfect political solution to all the world's problems? Iqbal, if you don't agree that Islam is 100% and the remedy to every problem you are committing major kufr so recant before you piss off Allah lol
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am not going to bother posting a detailed reply with fact, discussions, opinions etc.

Just taking my time to say..

Yet ANOTHER attack on Islam?

Do you people forget that Islam started the first child benefit?
    Islam was the first to give rights to women?
    Islam is a religion of peace.
    Islam calls even the non believers, brothers and sisters in humanity.
    Islam is your FRIEND, not your enemy.

Sigh.

On the other side, how many topics do you see about priests who molest people? Genocide? Mass killings of Jews from Christians (has everyone forgot?). Do some research on how christian "religious people" treated Muslims in the crusades. They used to eat "Muslim babies" because "Muslim babies" are not even human.
    • 48 followers

ReputationRep:
    Dialects? Don't you know anything about Arabic tv.....Only Modern Standard Arabic is spoken on tv channels. And what's wrong with the source? Are you saying that the Shayk is saying something incorrect? Is the Shayk WRONG when he says that Islam is the perfect political solution to all the world's problems? Iqbal, if you don't agree that Islam is 100% and the remedy to every problem you are committing major kufr so recant before you piss off Allah lol
    TV channels maybe, however the guests they bring in don't such as that Shaykh.
    I provided you with all the criticism of that translator including major ones, which completely change the meaning of what people have said, it's quite obvious they are biased and are willing to mistranslate to show a certain view especially extremist as said.
    Every religion in this entire world say they are each their own perfect political solution or whatever.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    The ultimate temporal goal of Islam is to establish worldwide Islamic hegemony, and to either kill everyone who disbelieves or force them to pay jizzya and assume second class citizenship under an Islamic state.
    Honestly, I'm yet to meet a single Muslim that has any interest whatsoever in establishing an Islamic Caliphate or living under Sharia law (in it's strictest sense anyway) and as yet none of them have tried to convert me...

Rational thought aside for a second, how do you imagine that this Islamic Caliphate will come into existence when the US could turn the entirety of the Middle East and North Africa into so much radioactive waste at the press of a button?

Even if we exclude WMDs the West would win any conventional war if it was forced to re-arm.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 14, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.