Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Ultimate goal of Islam

Announcements Posted on
Become part of the Welcome Squad! Apply here! 28-10-2014
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ExMuslim)
    Dialects? Don't you know anything about Arabic tv.....Only Modern Standard Arabic is spoken on tv channels. And what's wrong with the source? Are you saying that the Shayk is saying something incorrect? Is the Shayk WRONG when he says that Islam is the perfect political solution to all the world's problems? Iqbal, if you don't agree that Islam is 100% and the remedy to every problem you are committing major kufr so recant before you piss off Allah lol
    Offtopic, Your name is "Exmuslim" but you state the above. What happened?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iqbal007)
    TV channels maybe, however the guests they bring in don't such as that Shaykh.
    I provided you with all the criticism of that translator including major ones, which completely change the meaning of what people have said, it's quite obvious they are biased and are willing to mistranslate to show a certain view especially extremist as said.
    Every religion in this entire world say they are each their own perfect political solution or whatever.
    True, but other religions (namely Christianity) have mellowed out over the centuries and have been tamed to function in a secular world. There's little chance of the Pope leading another crusade. Islam, however, is still in its teenage years, with raging hormones and ambitions. While you Muslims are too weak to ever successfully take over the world, I have no doubt if you acquire the advanced weapons you will try your best. The Iranian President for example believes that the coming of the 12th imam can be hastened with war against Israel, imagine if he got nukes....
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jiraya Sama)
    Offtopic, Your name is "Exmuslim" but you state the above. What happened?
    LOL, I am trying to get the Muslims to publicly agree with what they preach in private. Iqbal is being a coward and wont give an unequivocal yes.. Do you agree with the above statement?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perseveranze)
    A Non-Muslim telling us the truth of Islam again? Was expecting a bit more gore and violence. Also missed the "rape our women" part and of course, the deadly "taqiyya".
    ^^ This / Thread, don't waste your time with this fool akhi, we've got better things to do
    • 48 followers

ReputationRep:
    True, but other religions (namely Christianity) have mellowed out over the centuries and have been tamed to function in a secular world. There's little chance of the Pope leading another crusade. Islam, however, is still in its teenage years, with raging hormones and ambitions. While you Muslims are too weak to ever successfully take over the world, I have no doubt if you acquire the advanced weapons you will try your best. The Iranian President for example believes that the coming of the 12th imam can be hastened with war against Israel, imagine if he got nukes....
    mellowed out? So basically comprising their own faith to the will of others and their own desires, thats no longer Christianity. Yet there followers feel they are the true ones and everyone else will die, with many other followers saying the same about their own faiths.
    Woooow, yes we Muslims are planning on taking over the world :rolleyes:
    Lets not forget the fact, that your source of the video is compromised, as you chose to ignore the rest of my response.
    • 48 followers

ReputationRep:
    LOL, I am trying to get the Muslims to publicly agree with what they preach in private. Iqbal is being a coward and wont give an unequivocal yes.. Do you agree with the above statement?
    Yes, yes im a coward..........did I not say that like any other faith, a follower believes their faith is the one and truth ??????? or are you too stupid to realise anything
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Alhamdulillah! Insha'Allah a single world state for our Muslim brothers and sisters will be set in place as foretold by the holy sciptures, it shall be the most glorious day for all of mankind!

Allahu akbar wa lillahil hamd!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josh93)
    Honestly, I'm yet to meet a single Muslim that has any interest whatsoever in establishing an Islamic Caliphate or living under Sharia law (in it's strictest sense anyway) and as yet none of them have tried to convert me...

Rational thought aside for a second, how do you imagine that this Islamic Caliphate will come into existence when the US could turn the entirety of the Middle East and North Africa into so much radioactive waste at the press of a button?

Even if we exclude WMDs the West would win any conventional war if it was forced to re-arm.
    I'm not saying it will come into existence

I'm saying that Muslims believe it will because they believe God is on their side, like the Sheik in the video.

To be a Muslim, one of the things you have to believe is the revelation about the end times, and Muslims believe in the end times a worldwide Islamic state will be established and there will be a major war with Muslims on one side, and the infidels on the otherside. And since God favors Islam, which is his very own faith, they will win the war. They also believe that there will be a wholesale second holocaust of the jews.....

Obviously as a non Muslim I think this is all bull**** and fairytales, but I have not a single ounce of doubt that Muslims believe this (seeing as I used to be one) and that they are willing to die and kill for this belief. Which is the major problem we have in the world atm.
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farhiyaserar)
    i just wanted to ask what is memri???
    They're basically a bunch of Jewish (more accurately Zionist) islamaphobes who misrepresent, falsely translate/interpret Muslims.

That's why I lol'd at the OP, using bigotted Jewish sources on Islam.

Check this out -

What Officials have Characterized About MEMRI

In an interview that Finkelstein had with InFocus,

“They use the same sort of propaganda techniques as the Nazis,” Professor Norman G. Finkelstein, a well-known scholar on Israel/Palestine, told InFocus. “They take things out of context in order to do personal and political harm to people they don’t like.”

He ends with saying

“I think it’s a reliable assumption that anything MEMRI translates from the Middle East is going to be unreliable,” Finkelstein said.

Laila Lalami, writing in The Nation, states that MEMRI “consistently picks the most violent, hateful rubbish it can find, translates it and distributes it in e-mail newsletters to media and members of Congress in Washington“. As a result, critics such as Ken Livingstone state, MEMRI’s analyses are “distortion.”

Whitaker states

“The stories it selects for translation follow a particular pattern: either they reflect badly on the character of Arabs or they in some way further the political agenda of Israel” (2002)

Harris says

“MEMRI engages in the practice of publishing selective and decontextualized excerpts of the Arabic press in ways that can present opponents of [Israel’s] occupation as religious extremists or anti-Semites” (2003)

Ken Livingstone, the Mayor of London, says in 2005

“A well funded organization which specializes in finding quotes from Arab media for circulation in the West. The translation and selection of quotes tend to portray Islam in a very negative light”

These quotes, and many others were provided by Mona Baker of Routledge: Taylor and Francis Group in a world entitled “Translation and Conflict: A Narrative Account” on page 74.

http://islamthought.wordpress.com/20...ganda-machine/
    I remember when they got desperate enough to mis-represent a scholar by claiming he gave a "fatwa to kill Mickey Mouse".

Basically, one would have to be extremely desperate to use them as a source.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jiraya Sama)
    I am not going to bother posting a detailed reply with fact, discussions, opinions etc.

Just taking my time to say..

Yet ANOTHER attack on Islam?

Do you people forget that Islam started the first child benefit?
    Islam was the first to give rights to women?
    Islam is a religion of peace.
    Islam calls even the non believers, brothers and sisters in humanity.
    Islam is your FRIEND, not your enemy.

Sigh.

On the other side, how many topics do you see about priests who molest people? Genocide? Mass killings of Jews from Christians (has everyone forgot?). Do some research on how christian "religious people" treated Muslims in the crusades. They used to eat "Muslim babies" because "Muslim babies" are not even human.
    Bro what are you talking about? You may lie to these people here who know nothing about Islam, but I studied the qu'ran and know what it says.

Qur'an (5:51) - "O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people.

The qu'ran itself says not to take the kaffirun as friends, so why are you lying about Allah and his messenger by saying that they said we are brothers in humanity and that Muslims are friends with kaffirs? lying about Islam is kufr
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Notice how the Muslims are not willing to renounce violence as a tool of Islam, and how they are not willing to discuss Islamic teachings about jihad, and how they are attacking some strawman over the Jewish people.
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    Funny how .exe and Indiana get banned and this one comes registers.

Lol.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    you poor poor boy didn't anyone listen to you say all this where ever it is you reside? thank god for the internet it allowed attention seeking individuals like yourself to get a say on anything? great username by the way! haha 'attacking' good word to use in this context. taking any verse out of context will make it seem questionable to you or anyone who hasn't read the whole Surah. honestly any other Muslim thinking of replying to his stupid misinformed and ludicrous comments PLEASE forget it. of course it makes us angry but He S.A.W said 'The strong man is not the good wrestler; the strong man is the one who controls himself when he is angry.' (Bukhari & Muslim)
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wasiim)
    you poor poor boy didn't anyone listen to you say all this where ever it is you reside? thank god for the internet it allowed attention seeking individuals like yourself to get a say on anything? great username by the way! haha 'attacking' good word to use in this context. taking any verse out of context will make it seem questionable to you or anyone who hasn't read the whole Surah. honestly any other Muslim thinking of replying to his stupid misinformed and ludicrous comments PLEASE forget it. of course it makes us angry but He S.A.W said 'The strong man is not the good wrestler; the strong man is the one who controls himself when he is angry.' (Bukhari & Muslim)

You think this ayah

Qur'an (5:51) - "O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people.

Is taken out of context?

Fine, I'll post the one before and after it.
    And judge, [O Muhammad], between them by what Allah has revealed and do not follow their inclinations and beware of them, lest they tempt you away from some of what Allah has revealed to you. And if they turn away - then know that Allah only intends to afflict them with some of their [own] sins. And indeed, many among the people are defiantly disobedient.

Then is it the judgement of [the time of] ignorance they desire? But who is better than Allah in judgement for a people who are certain [in faith].

O you who have believed, do not take the Jews and the Christians as allies. They are [in fact] allies of one another. And whoever is an ally to them among you - then indeed, he is [one] of them. Indeed, Allah guides not the wrongdoing people.

saying, "We are afraid a misfortune may strike us." But perhaps Allah will bring conquest or a decision from Him, and they will become, over what they have been concealing within themselves, regretful.
    The context doesn't make it any better. Like much of the qu'ran, it's just Allah rambling to Muhammad (Or Muhammad to himself).
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    Personally? At least several members of my own biological family.

According to the Pew Research Center at least 1/3rd of Muslims support terrorism in the name of religion. And since their faith has 1.5 billion adherents, that's tens of millions of people right there.

Any other nonsense points you want to make?
    At least several members of your own family want to suicide bomb o.0
    How are you still alive...

And a third? Since when was a third the majority :rolleyes:
    Any other supid assumptions you wish to make?

(Also I call bull**** on your research article, but that's the least of my worries )
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    It is true that most muslims in the UK are liberal, just like the rest of us, and they are lovely people. However, the same cannot be said to such an extent for those in typically muslim countries, where access to resources and education that might lead to a more live-and-let-live attitude are harder to find. Thus Islam really is a potential force for war, especially if people misinterpret and take overboard its message which I think is, in general, peaceful. I personally think that moderate religious people set the stage in making a religion 'acceptable' and allow more extreme people to get a foothold in our societies. I would very much like it if there were no organised religion (after all, it stops people of all religions from forming their own views about spirituality and they just conform lazily to a list of ideas composed thousands of years ago!) and people expressed their spirituality privately and without the desire to spread it to others. If only.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Iqbal is being a coward
    Its funny how you accuse everyone of being a coward if they disprove every piece of crap you come up with.. I dont think you understand what the word means.

I think you're a coward, posting bs about Islam on an internet forum with a name like that. You say that you dont bow to social pressure and you're so obviously badass..:rolleyes: so why dont you prove it? If you arent a coward, why dont you say this crap in real life to people? I bet you wouldn't have the guts.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    OP is right. Islam keeps trying to conquer Western lands (and failing since Poitier onwards).
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:

I'm not bothered, they'll never amount to anything.

• 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Muslims of this thread, I plead with you to stop fueling this guy with any more information. Leave him with his opinions and yes my good friend, dear "Ex Muslim" this thread is an Attack On Islam. I am sure all Muslim's will agree.

By the way, He is an "Ex Muslim" and he spelled the word "Koran" anything fishy here?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 14, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.