Has anyone here ever had an addiction?

Scroll to see replies

Orange Juice :frown:
Reply 41
Morphine, nicotine, and caffeine.
Reply 42
Several games like diablo 2(got to hell in 2 days), dota, ragnarok online etc
Reply 43
The moment I saw the title of the thread the first thought to come to my mind was RUNESCAPE :colondollar: I think we've all played a fair bit of it in our time. Still a great game but can't be played during GCSE's (He says whilst he is botting at the Range Guild and revising Biology)
Reply 44
The sims and Habbo hotel hahaha

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Not from addiction or recreational use, but I have ODed on opiates. Combination of too much morphine, tramadol and your other standard painkillers to help kill the pain of a nasty burn accident. :smile:
Cigarettes and caffeine.
If you're counting it as an addiction, Runescape too xD Back in Year 8.. dear Lord. I was also obsessed with exercise and calorie counting a few years ago, but that passed as just a phase.

I deliberately stay away from things containing codeine etc. as I'd rather not even risk it.. I know me, and I'd probably get addicted.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 47
World of Warcraft... I spent minutes equalling over 1 1/2 years worth of actual time on that game.
Reply 48
I was addicted to the Sims like no mans business. Spent 12 hours a day on it easily creating my dream families with pets, cars etc. Don't know what made me stop 2bh - I think my mum hid them from me in the end.
Reply 49
football - especially The Arsenal
Reply 50
Original post by Ree69
I have a secret addiction...to TSR. :eek:

It's not secret anymore is it?? :P At least I'm not the only one! haha I'm also addicted to.....CHOCOLATE :biggrin:
runescape...dear me year 7/8/9 were fun
Reply 52
Opiate painkillers.
Tough times.

edit: caffeine too, not as bad as opiates though
(edited 11 years ago)
I have a weird, but of course minor, addiction to information and wanting to know what's going on. Sounds weird but I swear I check things like the news, sports news, my email and even TSR for threads relating to current events far more than anyone else I know. I check most newspaper websites and even read a lot of the comments sections. The power went off in our flat for a few hours earlier this week and I felt so closed off from the world.

Need to get the **** outside!!

EDIT: Now I think about it I notice it gets a lot worse during exam time so probably just a procrastination tool that develops into a bad habit.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 54
I have an eating disorder.
Reply 55
it appears runescape has replaced the like of cocaine and heroisn as the most addictive drug :rolleyes:
Reply 56
chronic masturbation
Reply 57
Cigarettes. The amount of money wasted over those 4/5 years thinking back is stupid, glad that they are no longer a part of my life.
I am addicted to the following:
Alcohol (I drink 24/7).
Cigarettes (can't go 30 minutes without it).
Sex (can't go a day without it).

Some could also say I have a mild addiction to Cocaine, Gambling and just generally spending money like water :lol:
Original post by RalphsDisciple
Self harm. 5 years. It's been a good year or two since I was in the whole "cut multiple times on a daily basis" mode, but the last time I actually cut at all was maybe two or three weeks ago. It's a long struggle, but I'm getting there :smile:

Same with me, i did it for 7 years, and i havnt since about october time. Do you ever find when you start again theyre a lot worse (deeper, more scaring etc...)?

Quick Reply

Latest