The Student Room Group

boobs :(

I feel so inferior.
I am flat chested and feel that it's forever going to hold me back. I see girls who are in proportion and think 'that's what guys want' - my friends say it doesn't matter as much as I think it does, but I know they're just saying it to make me feel better. Of course any guy is gonna pick a girl with reasonable sized boobs over one with a flat chest - it's just nature! Sometimes I think my life is pointless: I'm never going to find anyone or have children - or if i do they will cheat on me/leave me for someone with breasts.
I'd get a boob job but for one I can't afford it and two they still wouldn't be real.

I find it so depressing that women are catagorised for life over something they have no control over.

Does anyone understand where I'm coming from? I am fed up of hearing 'the right guy won't mind what bra size you are' because it's bull****!

Scroll to see replies

Honestly im not in your position because mine are pretty big and i get tonnes of attention, but i have a lot of friends who are flat chested and they can get just as much attention than me because they have other better features that they know how to flaunt. Attention isn't always great when it's because they are only interested in what size i am - they are more creepy guys than what my friends get! lol the perfect guy for you isn't going to cheat on you for one feature that can be bigger on other girls! If he does then he isn't worth your time. Focus on your best features to make you feel better about yourself
Original post by Anonymous
I feel so inferior.
I am flat chested and feel that it's forever going to hold me back. I see girls who are in proportion and think 'that's what guys want' - my friends say it doesn't matter as much as I think it does, but I know they're just saying it to make me feel better. Of course any guy is gonna pick a girl with reasonable sized boobs over one with a flat chest - it's just nature! Sometimes I think my life is pointless: I'm never going to find anyone or have children - or if i do they will cheat on me/leave me for someone with breasts.
I'd get a boob job but for one I can't afford it and two they still wouldn't be real.

I find it so depressing that women are catagorised for life over something they have no control over.

Does anyone understand where I'm coming from? I am fed up of hearing 'the right guy won't mind what bra size you are' because it's bull****!

I'm not going for one minute, lie to you and pretend that guys don't like boobs. We do.

But a flat chest isn't the end of everything, it won't be an issue if you take care of your body and have a nice figure to make it suit, and if you want feel so bothered, tone that ass.

TLDR: Boobs are boobs, they aren't that great and I can tihnk of better attributes, don't worry.
Reply 3
aw, don't worry, all is not lost if you have a nice personality, a pretty face, and/or a nice ass :wink:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
I feel so inferior.

It's up to you but I really would not recommend getting a boob job, they cost a fortune, can go horribly wrong and I know a lot of guys that really don't like them.

Honestly, guys like breasts, there's no point lying to you about that, but 99% of us are not that bothered about the size. If you have bigger breasts then it's certainly likely to help you but I wouldn't not go out with you because you have small breasts...There's a girl that I've had a crush on for ages and she has very small breasts but I still find her really attractive - there's almost something cute about it :tongue:
Guys like different things anyway, some may be more into legs or bums etc and to be honest if you have a pretty face then I think that outweighs your figure, personally.

Yeah? Try being a short guy :rolleyes:
(edited 11 years ago)
I feel so inferior.

Hello!

I'm a 34B so my boobs are in no way huge and when I was around 16 or 17 (I'm 25 now), I felt very similar to how you did. How old are you?

First of all, a man is not going to pick a girl with big boobs over a girl with a smaller chest. Men don't pick their partners based on their bra size, and any man that does is seriously not worth your time. I know you're reading this and thinking it's all bull****, but believe me, it isn't. Imagine you did have large breasts. Would you really want to be with a guy that was solely going out with you because he found your breasts aesthetically pleasing? Is that the kind of person you want to have a loving relationship with?

I know it's difficult when you see lad's mags that are all "BIG BOOBS IS WHAT MEN WANT!!11!!" but that really isn't how the real world works. I have never struggled to find a boyfriend or maintain a relationship and my boobs are tiny. An important thing to remember is confidence is key. When I was a teenager, I hated my breasts and would hardly ever let my boyfriend at the time see them. We are friends now and he told me a few years ago that my breasts never turned him off, but my lack of confidence did.

The problem here is not your boobs, but your lack of confidence. You should be proud of yourself and love yourself. Not everyone has big boobs, but what about your ass or legs? What about other features you have that will attract the opposite sex?

I've been with my boyfriend 1.5 years and he has never complained about my chest, and neither have I. I don't want to turn him off by whinging about my bra size, he wouldn't find that sexy and I don't need re-assurance over something I can't control and has no bearing on me as a person or a woman.

Please feel free to PM me, honestly I really hate the thought of girls feeling the way I did, it's so unneccessary and I'd really like to help if I can!

Oh and as wh0re-ish as this sounds, when I subscribed to this forum, I posted a picture of myself in my new bra and knickers in a thread that only other subscribers could see. It got over 20 pos reps. Not bad for a flat chested girl right? What I'm saying is, you can still be sexy whatever your bra size. So chin up!
Original post by amyshamblesxx

No rep left, but this, absolutely! I was a 34A/B for years, but I fill out a 34C these days, (who knew you could still grow at 20?! I mean I haven't got fatter). Point is, I know the feeling! You can't let it bother you.

When I got my first boyfriend he said that I was the first girl he'd ever gone out with who had smaller boobs, and that it was different, but he absolutely loved it. To be fair, his previous girlfriends were all on the chubby side.

It was a boost to my confidence, because what we hear all the time is that guys love big boobs, but that doesn't mean they don't love small ones too.

Don't get hung up about breast size, because big boobs and smaller boobs both have their advantages and disadvantages. You hear this all the time, but if he's the right guy he will love your figure for what it is. :smile:
Reply 7
Hayley Williams is one of the most prettiest women alive imo and she's pretty flat-chested. Any lad that won't date you purely for your size is not worth your time or effort...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8
Most guys are ass men anyway.
Original post by tooosh
Most guys are ass men anyway.

Pragmatists aren't.

Reply 10
Ass>boobs
Reply 11
Have you tried one of those push up bras which is supposed to make you look two cup size bigger?...You can get them from M&S or Matalan....try it they worked for me :smile:
its finee!! dont worry!! not all guys care about boobs- though admittedly a lot do!

Sometimes when we look at ourseleves we judge totally differently to how other people see us. Mine are a D cup but wehn i look down they dont look big at all!! But everyone else says their quite big, so i guess they must be :s-smilie:

But honestly, dont worry, because i know people that are flat chested and they still get loads of attention off guys (if not more, because they have other good features!)
Reply 13
Of course any guy is gonna pick a girl with reasonable sized boobs over one with a flat chest - it's just nature!

I’d pick a woman that I have good chemistry with and can have a fun time with as opposed to a bland woman with “reasonable sized boobs”. Also, “reasonable sized boobs” don’t equate to perfect breasts. Most women have some kind of boob envy and insecurity some feel their boobs are too big, too mishapen, to pointy, too puffy, and like yours too small. From a male point of view - it doesn’t really matter. If some plonker won’t date you because you have small boobs, then he’s an idiot and not worth your time anyway.

I'm never going to find anyone or have children - or if i do they will cheat on me/leave me for someone with breasts.

Meh. Who knows what the future holds? You’ll probably squirt out a few of the screaming buggers in a few years.
If a partner cheats on you or leaves you for someone with breasts, then that relationship wasn’t worth having/saving,

They aren’t. You’re just being uber negative which is causing you to make an irrational generalisation.

I am fed up of hearing 'the right guy won't mind what bra size you are' because it's bull****!

I’m a guy and as such am qualified to tell you: it doesn’t matter. The qualities that make a woman sexy and attractive are far more than just the size of her boobs.

I get that you are down and insecure, but please stop being mopey. I promise you, small boobs will not hold you back in life and love.
I feel so inferior.

Thinking you won't get guys due to being flat chested, won't get you guys. You will come across as insecure.

You need to believe you are worth fishing for. There are plenty of other flat chested people with partners

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my LT26i
Reply 15
Original post by amyshamblesxx
Hello!

I'm a 34B so my boobs are in no way huge and when I was around 16 or 17 (I'm 25 now), I felt very similar to how you did. How old are you?

First of all, a man is not going to pick a girl with big boobs over a girl with a smaller chest. Men don't pick their partners based on their bra size, and any man that does is seriously not worth your time. I know you're reading this and thinking it's all bull****, but believe me, it isn't. Imagine you did have large breasts. Would you really want to be with a guy that was solely going out with you because he found your breasts aesthetically pleasing? Is that the kind of person you want to have a loving relationship with?

I know it's difficult when you see lad's mags that are all "BIG BOOBS IS WHAT MEN WANT!!11!!" but that really isn't how the real world works. I have never struggled to find a boyfriend or maintain a relationship and my boobs are tiny. An important thing to remember is confidence is key. When I was a teenager, I hated my breasts and would hardly ever let my boyfriend at the time see them. We are friends now and he told me a few years ago that my breasts never turned him off, but my lack of confidence did.

The problem here is not your boobs, but your lack of confidence. You should be proud of yourself and love yourself. Not everyone has big boobs, but what about your ass or legs? What about other features you have that will attract the opposite sex?

I've been with my boyfriend 1.5 years and he has never complained about my chest, and neither have I. I don't want to turn him off by whinging about my bra size, he wouldn't find that sexy and I don't need re-assurance over something I can't control and has no bearing on me as a person or a woman.

Please feel free to PM me, honestly I really hate the thought of girls feeling the way I did, it's so unneccessary and I'd really like to help if I can!

Oh and as wh0re-ish as this sounds, when I subscribed to this forum, I posted a picture of myself in my new bra and knickers in a thread that only other subscribers could see. It got over 20 pos reps. Not bad for a flat chested girl right? What I'm saying is, you can still be sexy whatever your bra size. So chin up!

I'd kill to be a 34B - i don't think that's flat at all. I am a 32A (probably an AA but I am too scared to be measured!) and I'm 23, so probably too old to have 'teenage insecurities'. When I've been in relationships in the past i've felt fine about them, but i've been single for 2 years and I am begining to realise that older guys probably prefer girls who look like women and not little girls. Thanks for the advice though, I guess everyone's got something they don't like about themselves (just some more than others!)
It honestly doesn't matter, I am completely opposite, I'm quite a slim size ten with 34F boobs and the attention I get from certain people makes me feel rubbish. You get men in vans who assume I'm a slutty, easy girl and enjoy being praised on my big tits 24/7. Don't get me wrong, I do like my boobs but you have to like what you have because if you spend forever hating your body you'll become a very unhappy person. honestly the back ache and difficulty in getting bikinis that fit and aren't granny horrible things is definitely something you are lucky to not deal with! :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I said it yesterday as well on here (just how many of these threads are there?), but I prefer small boobs to big boobs. And no, I'm not desperate or some weirdo (well other than the fact that I don't like big boobs, which is weird, apparently). I'm sure there was a study of British Undergraduate lads (one of whom I will be in the coming year) which found that they preferred small chested girls, if anyone would care to dig it out?
Reply 18
Breasts are simply tools which gold diggers use to rob men of their hard earned money.
Original post by Josh93
It's up to you but I really would not recommend getting a boob job, they cost a fortune, can go horribly wrong and I know a lot of guys that really don't like them.

Honestly, guys like breasts, there's no point lying to you about that, but 99% of us are not that bothered about the size. If you have bigger breasts then it's certainly likely to help you but I wouldn't not go out with you because you have small breasts...There's a girl that I've had a crush on for ages and she has very small breasts but I still find her really attractive - there's almost something cute about it :tongue:
Guys like different things anyway, some may be more into legs or bums etc and to be honest if you have a pretty face then I think that outweighs your figure, personally.

Yeah? Try being a short guy :rolleyes:

Totally agree with the last statement. Being short sucks ass xD

At the TS: being flat chested isn't really a big deal at all. I personally (and a lot of other guys agree with me) don't really place a great emphasis on boob sizes. My ex was flat chested for example. I think personality and the face is more important anyway. Boobs don't make a relationship.

EDIT: whats with the downvotes kiddys getting butthurt as usual
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest