The Student Room Group

been totally ditched by this guy/mate

ive ranted about this so many times, but as ever, tsr is so helpful!

there was this guy i met off a dating site and had a VERY brief relationship with about 6 months ago. Since then weve just been friends- and we were still really close- cuddly, huggy etc. (in a way very much like bf/gf but not). Then all this gradually died out and now we're supposedly ''friends'' except he just never talks to me anymore. He got a girlfriend about a month ago. And now Ive realised its always me texting him or calling him or asking to meet up. But he is a good friend, like if i need something he will give it me- but then i feel like he thinks im just his friend to use his stuff, which is definitely not the case. I really like him and ive mentioned this to him a million times. He just says 'he really likes me and he doesnt really talk to anyone'. He is a very lonely person. But even when i make the effort he doesnt respond well- just like one word answers. But then other times he tells me how he prefers me to his girlfriend, we get on better etc. (before anyone says he 'likes' me he deffo doesnt, he thinks i 'fancy him' so if he did like me back he knows he could just say- especially as i told him i liked him in that way) but now, im happy to be friends.

hes also really stubborn, so when we just have a petty argument, he will just delete me off facebook, block my number etc :angry: and then we will be friends again cos ive gone and chased him.

I dunno why i bother, but as a person i really like him, and theres very few guys i know, and i am actually comfortable just talking withhim and we used to have a laugh :frown: though we dont anymore. And no matter how many times i talk to him, he just says 'sorry' and then carries on behaving the same.
Reply 1
anyonee??
Reply 2
He's got a girlfriend, you need to respect that and give him some space.
Reply 3
Original post by ct2k7
He's got a girlfriend, you need to respect that and give him some space.

when i said girlfriend i meant in the loose sense in that he only sees her once a week for casual sex.

and its not like im bombarding him!
He is a faggot. Ditch him.
You don't exactly make him sound like a cool person, why do you want to be friends with him so much? He may have only wanted a relationship with you and now he's found someone else has cast you aside.
Reply 6
Original post by TheInformer
You don't exactly make him sound like a cool person, why do you want to be friends with him so much? He may have only wanted a relationship with you and now he's found someone else has cast you aside.

he didnt want a relationship with me as it was him who kept breaking it off. him and his new girlfriend only meet once a week and its mostly just sex anyway.

i just wanna be his friend cos when we get on and go out and stuff we have such a laugh :frown:
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
ive ranted about this so many times, but as ever, tsr is so helpful!

there was this guy i met off a dating site and had a VERY brief relationship with about 6 months ago. Since then weve just been friends- and we were still really close- cuddly, huggy etc. (in a way very much like bf/gf but not). Then all this gradually died out and now we're supposedly ''friends'' except he just never talks to me anymore. He got a girlfriend about a month ago. And now Ive realised its always me texting him or calling him or asking to meet up. But he is a good friend, like if i need something he will give it me- but then i feel like he thinks im just his friend to use his stuff, which is definitely not the case. I really like him and ive mentioned this to him a million times. He just says 'he really likes me and he doesnt really talk to anyone'. He is a very lonely person. But even when i make the effort he doesnt respond well- just like one word answers. But then other times he tells me how he prefers me to his girlfriend, we get on better etc. (before anyone says he 'likes' me he deffo doesnt, he thinks i 'fancy him' so if he did like me back he knows he could just say- especially as i told him i liked him in that way) but now, im happy to be friends.

hes also really stubborn, so when we just have a petty argument, he will just delete me off facebook, block my number etc :angry: and then we will be friends again cos ive gone and chased him.

I dunno why i bother, but as a person i really like him, and theres very few guys i know, and i am actually comfortable just talking withhim and we used to have a laugh :frown: though we dont anymore. And no matter how many times i talk to him, he just says 'sorry' and then carries on behaving the same.

because that's what any great boyfriend tells other girls....:unimpressed:

I can tell you like him as a person but I don't think he comes across as very nice, it seems that if you're not a potential partner then he's not interested and would rather be on his lonesome. As he thinks you fancy him, I can only come to the conclusion that he thinks he can do better than you, which in itself is an insult, but he's happy to meet up every once in a while to keep you happy because you do get on well.

Basically get rid.
Reply 8
Why do girls chase retards? :rolleyes:

Maybe you should look at yourself, OP. Why are you chasing a bloke who has stated that he did not want to be with you? Shouldn't that have broken your heart all those months back? :rolleyes:
Reply 9
Original post by Stevo112
Why do girls chase retards? :rolleyes:

Maybe you should look at yourself, OP. Why are you chasing a bloke who has stated that he did not want to be with you? Shouldn't that have broken your heart all those months back? :rolleyes:

it kinda did, but i dont like him in that way anymore. in fact i ask myself why i ever fancied him.

i just get on with him as a person and i hate losing friends for no reason. and no idea why hes being funny.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending