Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How shall I write this letter to wine gums?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    So the other day I was happily eating some wine gums as you do, and at the bottom of the packet was this gross squashed sticky thing which smelt like liquorice.

I could've just thrown it away and forgotten about it, but that is not my nature, when there are free wine gums to be claimed ! haha.

So when I write the letter of complaint, do I go down the angry route.. the really long annoying route.. the professional sounding route, how shall I write it?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you have any thing to say really, you can complain and state you weren't entirely satisfied but beyond that...
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    You always get a better response by being polite.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by insignificant)
    So the other day I was happily eating some wine gums as you do, and at the bottom of the packet was this gross squashed sticky thing which smelt like liquorice.

I could've just thrown it away and forgotten about it, but that is not my nature, when there are free wine gums to be claimed ! haha.

So when I write the letter of complaint, do I go down the angry route.. the really long annoying route.. the professional sounding route, how shall I write it?
    I would go down the politely shocked route. Like its the worst thing that's happened since the lawnmower wouldn't start for a week last summer and you had to borrow one from him next door.
    • 72 followers

ReputationRep:
    I would write and be polite and attach a photograph of what you found in your wine gums. Be nice about it, and hopefully they will send you some complimentary ones.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Man. I HATE liquorice!

Say something like:

Dear Sir/Madam

I recently ate a bag of your wine gums, and they were less than satisfactory. If you could be so kind as to either refund my money for the purchase or to send a new properly packaged packet, or i'll be forced to sue your greedy sweet making asses!

Yours faithfully

Mr Insignificant
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Polite and professional yet forceful.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just enquire why Bertie Basset was at the bottom of a wine gum packet.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Say after extensive examination it turned out to be turd and demand a free life long supply of wine gums.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vohamanah)
    I would go down the politely shocked route. Like its the worst thing that's happened since the lawnmower wouldn't start for a week last summer and you had to borrow one from him next door.
    I was thinking something like this

I do have faith in companies giving free stuff, I remember when I was about 10 and wrote to Rocky saying how much I loved their rocky bars in the hope I'd get a load of free stuff and I got a MASSIVE box of about 200 rocky bars including some that hadn't been released yet.

I want 200 bags of wine gums
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I bet you even ate the liquorice.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    tell them if the matter isn't sorted out (with free wine gums) you aren't above kidnapping the families of the fatcat wine gum CEOs. write it in blood as well so they know you aren't to be ****ed with
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by insignificant)
    I was thinking something like this

I do have faith in companies giving free stuff, I remember when I was about 10 and wrote to Rocky saying how much I loved their rocky bars in the hope I'd get a load of free stuff and I got a MASSIVE box of about 200 rocky bars including some that hadn't been released yet.

I want 200 bags of wine gums
    When my cousin was a young teenager she wrote off to a load of cosmetic companies asking for free stuff and they sent her loads of samples to try out their products. She had buckets of free make-up, it was great
    • 58 followers

ReputationRep:
    To whom it may concern,

I purchased some wine gums and found a gross squashed sticky thing at the bottom of the bag. After eating all of the wine gums I then decided to write to you and ask for some more for free. Because I care deeply about this issue, I consulted with the internet about how to word my complaint in order to generate maximum swag. This is the best they could come up with.

Yours sincerely,

insignificant
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Dear Wine Gums.

I am writing to aware you on a wine gum that I have found at the bottom of a pack. Despite this being completely normal I have found it necessary to complain, in order to fulfill some sense of self-righteousness.

Regards

Butthurt Phaggot
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimmyrussles)
    Dear Wine Gums.

I am writing to aware you on a green wine gum that I have found at the bottom of a pack. Despite this being completely normal I have found it necessary to complain, in order to fulfill some sense of self-righteousness.

Regards

Butthurt Phaggot
    I'd love to know where I stated it was green.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I really want some wine gums now

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mads_300)
    I really want some wine gums now

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    I really want some wine now.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vohamanah)
    I really want some wine now.
    +1

You have reached the limit of how many posts you can rate today!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Sign off with "written by Mummy for Ruby, age 7".

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 11, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Advice on everyday issues unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.