The Student Room Group

Letter challenge.

So I know there is already a letter thread, but this is a little different. It is a letter challange in where each day you write a letter to each of the people below.

If you want to you can select a day at random which you want to get your feelings out about that day or you can go down the list as it is day by day.
And of course you can annon if you want.

Day 1 Your Best Friend
Day 2 Your Crush
Day 3 Your parents
Day 4 Your sibling (or closest relative)
Day 5 Your dreams
Day 6 A stranger
Day 7 Your Ex-boyfriend/girlfriend/love/crush
Day 8 Your favorite internet friend
Day 9 Someone you wish you could meet
Day 10 Someone you don’t talk to as much as you’d like to
Day 11 A Deceased person you wish you could talk to
Day 12 The person you hate most/caused you a lot of pain
Day 13 Someone you wish could forgive you
Day 14 Someone you’ve drifted away from
Day 15 The person you miss the most
Day 16 Someone that’s not in your state/country
Day 17 Someone from your childhood
Day 18 The person that you wish you could be
Day 19 Someone that pesters your mind—good or bad
Day 20 The one that broke your heart the hardest
Day 21 Someone you judged by their first impression
Day 22 Someone you want to give a second chance to
Day 23 The last person you kissed
Day 24 The person that gave you your favorite memory
Day 25 The person you know that is going through the worst of times
Day 26 The last person you made a pinky promise to
Day 27 The friendliest person you knew for only one day
Day 28 Someone that changed your life
Day 29 The person that you want tell everything to, but too afraid to
Day 30 Your reflection in the mirror

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'll start of with 'Your Crush' -

Dear Crush,

This is sure something I never expected tbh, never thought I would come to like you. I guess it’s mad and maybe silly. It started from you being stupid and sending me messages :biggrin: to us actually having decent conversations. You don’t know I like you and I sure would never tell you and as you’ve said before you don’t like anybody right now so it’d be stupid telling you when it’s one sided and there is a bigger chance you would never like me too than actually doing so. Also the fact that other peoples opinions would always play a big part in it for you, but then I guess every realationship has that kinda fact.

It’s the little things you do that make my day, such as just taking a few seconds/minutes to cheer me up by doing something cute, little and that stuff makes me smile :smile:. Also I do wonder how the hell you know when something is bothering me..that’s just not cool man.. haha. I’ll build my walls higher, build my defences higher and stronger and do a poker face and then you’ll never be able to read me :wink:.

I stay up late talking to you, no matter how tired I am. I don’t go bed until you go and then I go to bed feelin’ happy, *sometimes* horny… and with a smile :smile:.

So there it is really.

I wish you would notice me more than you already do. Right now I feel like I am just your 'boredom' person and nothing else. But mostly I wish you would like me as I do you.

Love Me.
Reply 2
Dear best friends.

This is quite a difficult letter to write. I feel like I've missed one of you, but miss the other one more, and it probably shouldn't have worked out that way. I feel drawn to you in a way I shouldn't - you're hot and fiery and yet cool, calm, collected - everyone wants a piece of you but they can't because you're just you, everywhere and everything, but unique and wonderful. What have you turned me into? I can't even remember what I used to be like anymore! That scares the hell outta me, you know? I should be used to this, I've moved hands a lot since I was a kid, but you just sprang up outta nowhere and made me this being that I don't really recognise any more. And that scares me. I love it - I love our days together, our jokes, your caring ability, the way you made me confident, more carefree - and yet that bespectacled, quiet girl inside me that rolled up on the first day we met still says hang fire a sec - this one's a loose cannon - Don't let her take everything you really are.

And I want to say sorry to you, the other lady in my life - which is odd, because now I reminisce its all I seem to have ever done...

We've been through a lot - and I miss you dear, I miss you terribly. It doesn't feel mutual though, and that scares me a little bit. Can you help me get through this? I feel like a comic book character - split by the hours of the clock - ripping in two by the polarised personalities of a pair of the funniest, caring and most brilliant people I've ever met.

I need to figure out where to turn. North or South.
Right or wrong.
You, or you.
Dear Parents,

I want to make you proud more than anything in the world but the expectations I have put on myself, and the ones you have of me, are much too high. I will disappoint you. And I don't think I can live with that shame. I'm your only child and it makes me so sad that I will be disappointing and useless.
Dear Crush,

I know you like to play the field and sleep around, I don't get it but I don't hold it against you, it's not my business. I like talking to you even though you probably don't realise that. I know in a few months I will probably never see you again... but that's life. I'll probably be over you soon after that. That's life too. It would be nice to have something before that happens but I don't see circumstances allowing it. Oh well. Travelling with you would be awesome. I hope you have a good life, maybe our paths will cross again, maybe they won't. I wish I had the courage to tell you, but I don't, so it's not going to happen. I am pretty sure you know I'm attracted to you and that you are attracted to me. That's all I have to say really. I'll be glad to move on from you if I'm honest.

Me xx
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Dear Crush,

I know you like to play the field and sleep around, I don't get it but I don't hold it against you, it's not my business. I like talking to you even though you probably don't realise that. I know in a few months I will probably never see you again... but that's life. I'll probably be over you soon after that. That's life too. It would be nice to have something before that happens but I don't see circumstances allowing it. Oh well. Travelling with you would be awesome. I hope you have a good life, maybe our paths will cross again, maybe they won't. I wish I had the courage to tell you, but I don't, so it's not going to happen. I am pretty sure you know I'm attracted to you and that you are attracted to me. That's all I have to say really. I'll be glad to move on from you if I'm honest.

Me xx

You should take the risk and tell them imo. If you're both attracted to each other, you've nothing to lose.
Good luck btw.
Reply 6
Original post by Staceycake
You should take the risk and tell them imo. If you're both attracted to each other, you've nothing to lose.
Good luck btw.

Agreed.
Original post by Staceycake
Good luck btw.

Original post by letusdream
Agreed.

thanks guys maybe i will in a couple of weeks, see what happens. i don't think his guy friends would approve and he's easily influenced.
Dear my best friend,

I have many close friends, but I've picked you as my best friend to write this letter to because I suppose you're my most well rounded friend. I tell you family crap as well as boy related crap, whereas with other people, they tend to only get one or the other. I feel like we've drifted apart a bit recently which is natural because of exams and all, but even before that when I had stuff going on and you just didn't end up being the person I'd confide in first. I hope that after exams, our friendship will return to normal. I really do value your friendship and I'll never forget the memories that we shared, even if we are heading off to different places next year. I want us to remain friends!!

I love you, I really do.

Your best friend.
Reply 9
2. Dear you - you big ol' wonderful mess.
Thank you for tonights. Truley. How I'm going to be up in 6hours begs belief. Why doafternoons out with you always merge into messy drunken nights nat will take several dayes to recover from! I wouldn't change it baby. truly do, right from the bottom of my heart. xo

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad
Reply 10
3. Hiya mam,

Please can I have spag bol for tea? Thank you for the hangover brew before. I love you x
11. Hi there

If you're floating around somewhere up there watching the world, then you know who I am. If not, I'm your son's girlfriend.

He misses you so much. The other day he ran a group exhibition with all his fellow photography students, and each of their parents came to visit. I felt bad for him because his dad couldn't be there, and obviously his mum's in another country. By the way, we're going to visit her and the family soon; I hope they like me as much as they all loved you!

I think he's tried to keep your spirit alive by listening to Luther Vandross (especially 'Dance With My Father', which he told me reminds him of you) and supporting Spurs, like you did. So now I listen to Luther Vandross, and I support Spurs, too.

I know that no matter what I do there's no way I could ever compensate for you, but I want you to know that I love your son so much, and am gonna do my best for him.
Reply 12
Day 10 Someone you don’t talk to as much as you’d like to

Dear You,
At the beginning we would talk a lot everyday. We would have actual conversations and we would always make each other laugh and smile. Now the only conversation we ever have is "Hey, how are you? What you been upto?" and that tends to only happen if I text you first because you never text me unless I text you. I hate how suddenly we just broke apart as if we never met and now it is like we are strangers. It was like you came into my life for just a couple of weeks or so just to pick me up, cheer me up and then when I began to fall for you, leave just like everybody else always has. I actually thought there was something between us but I guess I was wrong. I know you were going through a rough time and still are and I am glad you are now trying to get back on track but I feel like I am still just left in the dark. You once told me you liked me too but that was never acted upon or proved and it just feels like that was only said because you felt like you had to say it back. I don't know where I stand with you, yeah I know you say we are just friends and you are not ready for anything right now but the things you do make me think that again you're lying to me and just not putting me straight. I feel like you just give me false hope and well tbh it hurts. You always made me laugh, nothing was ever awkward and you always listened to me and was interested in what I had to say. You would even make little cute sentences to me involving Jedward, just 'cause I love them even though you dislike them. Think about how things would of been now if things never turned out how they did. Well I just want you to be happy and well as long as you are then I don't have much to say. I guess I can't feel like I am just in the shadows and we are not 'friends' just people who chat like barely ever. So I wish you a happy life and just remember all the inspirational texts I have ever sent you because I understand exactly what you have felt like lately.

Love Me.
Reply 13
Dear Best Friend.
I am secretly in love with you :frown:
Reply 14
Girls are quite pathetic,
Stop giving bullsh*it clues, drop it all at once and just tell the guy that you like him.
Most likely if you text each other regularly he (repitition i know) most likely likes you.

But hey if a girl tell a guy she likes him, the chase is over, as there will be no chase, damn, nah cannot have that, I'd rather keep my crush in secret.
Reply 15
Original post by lad-lad
Girls are quite pathetic,
Stop giving bullsh*it clues, drop it all at once and just tell the guy that you like him.
Most likely if you text each other regularly he (repitition i know) most likely likes you.

But hey if a girl tell a guy she likes him, the chase is over, as there will be no chase, damn, nah cannot have that, I'd rather keep my crush in secret.

Probably a little bit difficult for me though
Reply 16
It is not. I told so many girls that are good friends of mine that I liked them. They kindly told me to f*ck off, which is fair enough but i tried. We are still awesome friends and they know that I like them still but it doesn't change anything in the way we interact, furthermore our friendship is probably better because they know they can rely on me fully.

So just tell your crush, look I like you that's all.
The worst thing that girls ever do is not tell their "beloved" ones that they actually like them.
How can anything possibly happen then?
Reply 17
I can't. Its not that simple for everyone!
Reply 18
Blah blah blah.
It is simple, you are just making it complicated.
Reply 19
Sweety, it ain't me making it complicated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending