The Student Room Group

What Degree would compliment my A LEVEL sUBJECTS?

I have done AS:
EQP
MATHS
GEOGRAPHY
HISTORY
ENGLISH LIT AND LANG

WHat degree would you say would go well with these A levels?
Original post by LOUDLOUD
I have done AS:
EQP
MATHS
GEOGRAPHY
HISTORY
ENGLISH LIT AND LANG

WHat degree would you say would go well with these A levels?

Politics, Economics, Sociology, Philosophy, Linguistics, History, Classics, Geography, English, Accountancy, and many more. You've got loads of options.
Reply 2
Original post by Junaid96
Politics, Economics, Sociology, Philosophy, Linguistics, History, Classics, Geography, English, Accountancy, and many more. You've got loads of options.

Yeah, thats true but I find that becuase the subjects are so varied it limits me as Im not all 'sciency' or 'social science'
does that make sense?
Original post by LOUDLOUD
Yeah, thats true but I find that becuase the subjects are so varied it limits me as Im not all 'sciency' or 'social science'
does that make sense?

Neither am I - I do Maths, Economics, Physics, German and F. maths and so I can go into either Languages, Law, Physics, Maths, Economics, Politics, Philosophy, Engineering etc. I wouldn't say they limit me in any way - if anything I anticipate my breadth of study to add something to my application :smile:
Reply 4
Choosing a degree based on what "fits" your A-levels is an awful way to choose what to do. Do what you enjoy, and want to study, and feel you can get a good job from. Then choose your A-levels to match that, NOT the other way around!
Reply 5
Original post by Dan1909
Choosing a degree based on what "fits" your A-levels is an awful way to choose what to do. Do what you enjoy, and want to study, and feel you can get a good job from. Then choose your A-levels to match that, NOT the other way around!

Agreed 100%. you will spend 3 years doing your choosen course and therefore you must enjoy it.
The real question is, what subject(s) do you enjoy most and wish to continue? If there is more than one, have you considered a joint honours degree?

You have a multitude of options open to you with your subjects, you just need to figure out where your strengths lie and what your aspirations are.
Reply 7
Original post by Dan1909

QFT

It astonishes me quite how many people don't seem to think these things through properly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending