Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

In need of a holiday!

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Basically, there are 3 of us aged 19, we are looking for somewhere for the first week of September(ish) and want somewhere with some nightlife. But... we don't want it to be a rowdy location, I'm not into that fighting crap but just want somewhere to have a laugh. Good beaches, cheap alcohol etc. We don't mind compromising a bit on nightlife if the hotel is worth it!

So anyone have any ideas?

ANYWHERE in the world and flying from ideally London but don't really mind

ooo... and we want it all inclusive!

Thanks!
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SLWright01)
    Basically, there are 3 of us aged 19, we are looking for somewhere for the first week of September(ish) and want somewhere with some nightlife. But... we don't want it to be a rowdy location, I'm not into that fighting crap but just want somewhere to have a laugh. Good beaches, cheap alcohol etc. We don't mind compromising a bit on nightlife if the hotel is worth it!

So anyone have any ideas?

ANYWHERE in the world and flying from ideally London but don't really mind

ooo... and we want it all inclusive!

Thanks!
    If you're not too fussed about particular locations, go and look in the window of your local travel agent a couple of weeks before you want to go.

You will be able to see similar stuff right now for a end of June departure date.

There will be tons of dirt cheap deals at clearance prices that they won't be able to sell after the plane has left, so they cut the prices on the run up to these dates.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Greece is going really cheaply at the moment on account of its (apparently undeserved) poor publicity, and is well invested in beaches, so that's definitely worth a look. Otherwise, look at somewhere like http://www.lastminute.com/ to find cheap last minute deals.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bangkok, Phuket Samui (all in Thailand) are great - Bangkok's an awesome city.
    Suggest u to look through pics of ppl going there to c where u like best though - and as for hotel reservations - Agoda.com will do it

I've seen plenty of pictures posted for ppl who compete in finding cool places to go - it's on a facebook fanpage - should be of help - i've been following it for a while and it shows pretty cool places to go - search "live like you mean it"

enjoy!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I was a bit worried about Greece because of their economic climate at the minute. I wasn't sure how money would work out, by September they may have finally given in and have to be bailed out n stuff. And I've never thought about going to places like Bangkok... I'll have to look into it.

Thank you guys
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't get why Greece's macro-economic situation is putting people off going on holiday there, the impact on tourists, especially in the resorts will be minimal, if that.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    even though their macro-economic climate may not affect the resort their currency may change significantly... that is something we do not want to have to deal with x
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    So get money just before you go? The currency won't change overnight.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fiona344)
    So get money just before you go? The currency won't change overnight.
    Well it could... but it is a very unlikely problem. Just don't buy currency until the day before you leave. If it does fall out of the euro, get ready for 2 pence a pint prices!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    yeah, bring on the last minute deals in that case! :L

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 18, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.