The Student Room Group

IB Mocks..Are They Important?! Urgent!

I have the first set of my IB mock exams beginning tomorrow. :frown:
I am in lower sixth, and I have one more set of mocks next January when I will be in upper sixth. My sixth form is brand new, and my year is the first to use it so I don't have anyone with experience to ask! Pretty much everyone is determined they are going to fail these mocks spectacularly, and so the question is whether this set counts towards our predicted grades at all?! (those that will be visible to Universities).

If I do badly, will next years' mocks be able to amend my predicted grades? (considering that I do well in those)

All help appreciated!
The january mocks will be too late to affect your predicted grades but if you are doing generally well in class but fail mocks your teachers aren't going to give you really low predicted grades. Talk to your ib coordinator and your subject teachers after mocks depending on your grades and they SHOULD take what you say into account when predicting grades.

Please dont worry about it, at the end of the day the teachers want you to do well and so should give you fair predicted grades, all of my year did pretty badly in year 12 mocks but we all got the predicted grades we needed for uni :smile:

Good Luck :smile:
Yes. They help determine your predicted grades and your January mocks will be too late. Just try to do your best and continue to work hard until your application time.
Reply 3
Thanks!
Our monthly reports suggest the teachers are more than happy with my effort and progression, so if I do pants in these exams it'd be good idea to speak to them!
Didn't realise that about the January mocks so thank you for that :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending