Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

UK Top 10 Law Schools

Announcements Posted on
Are you at uni? Can you help prospective students with their questions? We're looking for uni forum assistants 19-11-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well i am Not from the uk so you should know before i searched for a university to apply to, i never even HEARD of LSE. Oxbridge ofcourse every person in the world knows they are between the best uni's out there so... Ofcourse LSE and UCL ect are great, but then what is the point of these ranks really?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bell12)
    Well i am Not from the uk so you should know before i searched for a university to apply to, i never even HEARD of LSE. Oxbridge ofcourse every person in the world knows they are between the best uni's out there so... Ofcourse LSE and UCL ect are great, but then what is the point of these ranks really?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'd imagine rankings and prestige is slightly important with law because it is traditionally an elitist subject and career. The reputation of a good university will statistically increase your chances of getting into an extremely competitive field. This is pretty evident in some MC law firms, where around half of their trainees each year come from Oxbridge. If, however, you looked at a subject like engineering or biology, reputation is not really taken into account, whereas in law firms the intake of trainees shows a clear relationship between students from top universities getting in and students from average to lower ranked unis being almost impossible to find.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Indeed but every list has different ranking. I noticed that when it comes to world rankings, the only university outside of London or oxbridge that always holds a place in the top 50 is Manchester

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    just out of curiosity, where would Reading and Surrey place in terms of law schools?

I am considering both uni's as choices but worried about factors such as job prospects
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    In general, I think these are the top ones in England and Wales:

Londons (UCL, LSE, KCL), Oxbridge, Manchester, Nottingham, Durham, Birmingham, Warwick, Bristol.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anotherlawstudent)
    just out of curiosity, where would Reading and Surrey place in terms of law schools?

I am considering both uni's as choices but worried about factors such as job prospects
    If possible, better get into a Russell Group university.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 16, 2013
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.