The Student Room Group

What's your schools GCSE 5A*-C percentage (including English and Maths)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
My school was one of the worst in the area (if not the worst). It was in special measures for 2-3 years while I was there, and closed in 2010 (the year I left).

The (appallingly bad) figures:
2009: 36%
2008: 18%
2007: 19%
2006: 22%

I can't find figures for 2010. I think they were in the 40s, IIRC.

Yeah, my school sucks...
Reply 101
62% but I couldn't care less. I love my school :smile:
Reply 102
69% -

Schools with 100% are just all grammar schools.
Original post by Iamtidal
69% -

Schools with 100% are just all grammar schools.

Damn straight! Deal with it

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire
96-100% most years
42%

and this year they did even worse, even with all those BTEC`s!
100% :smile:
Reply 107
63%, I honestly don't know how some schools can get 100%. I would have always presumed there would be "those people" - the ones that end up flunking just so they can go have a fag or get high.
Still, I loved my school, and in the words of the head of sixth form, "we may only have a 63% GCSE pass rate, but we celebrate your mediocrity because this is <school name> and we can't do a whole lot better".
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by CJKay
63%, I honestly don't know how some schools can get 100%. I would have always presumed there would be "those people" - the ones that ending up flunking just so they can go have a fag or get high.

Selective schools who only let people in if they want to work and do well. A person really shouldn't be judged on their school's percentage - they should be judged on their own percentage. (My school got 61%, but personally I got about 220%)
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Blazara
That's the one. Medina High..

Carisbrooke - marginally better so i hear?
99 percent, 1 girl didnt bother turning up for 8/10 of her exams and the other got pregnant :s-smilie:
77% at the moment :h:. It's the best in the city and one of the top ones in Wales (which I guess is pretty bad).
(edited 11 years ago)
<50%

The school says it has "50%" but this is including BTEC qualifications which I know are no longer counted. Also, our headmaster is currently being investigated, partly on the grounds of doctoring statistics...
Original post by Caitykinss
Selective schools who only let people in if they want to work and do well. A person really shouldn't be judged on their school's percentage - they should be judged on their own percentage. (My school got 61%, but personally I got about 220%)

At first I was like WTF? But then I realised...

"oh... 11 GCSEs. Lol"
Mine's around 71%, it's the second best in the borough.
Reply 115
100%

Ha negged! :rolleyes:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 116
Original post by Paramore<3
70% /wallows in inferiority compared to the rest of TSR/

I love my school though. :smile:

apparently are's was 26.............
i thought it was 53 the year before though :P

wallow wallow wallow :colondollar:
49%
My year group was the best year so far and my school has managed to improve by 20% or so in the past 5 years :smile:
I think it's great that my school is improving and I don't mind that it isn't the best.
98% for my year :smile:
Reply 119
For my year it was 48% *hangs head in shame*

Quick Reply

Latest