The Student Room Group

London Underground/TFL Apprenticeship

Just wondering if anyone here has applied for this? I've been offered & accepted the place.

Or if you have any questions about it just ask :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Major93
Just wondering if anyone here has applied for this? I've been offered & accepted the place.

Which one did you apply for?
Reply 2
Original post by tehonlyone
Which one did you apply for?

Engineering - 3 years
Reply 3
I was going to apply for this but missed the deadline. I'm applying for the TFL Information Management apprenticeship instead. Fingers crossed I get in. By the way Well done on getting into the Engineering apprenticeship OP
Reply 4
Best of luck with your application, it's not too hard if you're prepared.

And thanks!
Reply 5
Hiya major.

Did you do a numerical and verbal reasoning test? if so what was it like?

I'm quite nervous i applied for the LU project planner apprenticeship.

Any advice?
Original post by Major93

Congrats on your success!

I have applied and have been invited to the first stage of assessment next week. I took the practise tests available on the link they provided but did poorly in the numerical test. I'm not too hopeful since I only have a week to prepare and I'm not sure what I can do to prepare!

Any tips you could offer would be great :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by kaycc
Did you do a numerical and verbal reasoning test? if so what was it like? Any advice?

Original post by theoneinside
Congrats on your success!
I took the practise tests available on the link they provided but did poorly in the numerical test.
Any tips you could offer would be great :smile:

Hey guys hope this answers both your questions, congrats and good luck!

I did do numerical & verbal reasoning tests, they aren't that hard but the main issue is TIME! Time flys so make sure you work at a good rate, but here's where it gets a bit wierd!

They mark you two ways if i'm correct, I think one is how many you got right out of how many you actually answered, although I missed a few questions on some tests It was fine because I got the majority right.

theoneinside, try work on your nerves because it will really affect you when you're actually sitting there, it's not that bad. As for numerical it's pretty basic so you could practice on bitesize? From what I remember it's mainly multiplication, division (I struggled a bit, time consuming) and fractions.

Hope that helps!
Original post by Major93

I did do numerical & verbal reasoning tests, they aren't that hard but the main issue is TIME! Time flys so make sure you work at a good rate, but here's where it gets a bit wierd!

They mark you two ways if i'm correct, I think one is how many you got right out of how many you actually answered, although I missed a few questions on some tests It was fine because I got the majority right.

theoneinside, try work on your nerves because it will really affect you when you're actually sitting there, it's not that bad. As for numerical it's pretty basic so you could practice on bitesize? From what I remember it's mainly multiplication, division (I struggled a bit, time consuming) and fractions.

Hope that helps!

Hey Major93,

Thank you so much, you certainly have helped me calm my nerves! The SHL practice tests were pretty tricky, especially the numerical reasoning test where I scored poorly, that's what got me so worried!

I am going to just brush up on my basic maths skills and maybe do some higher level reading as prep.

When do you start your apprenticeship? You must be well excited! :biggrin:

And thanks again :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Major93

Hope that helps!

Hiya major93. Thanks for your quick response and advice. The tests were a totally different level to the practice tests on SHL which i mean the TFL numerical tests were much easier and as you said the TIME!!! goes so fast.

I'm basically doing the LU project planner apprenticeship with TFL. I just did a numerical and verbal test.

I got through to the final interview. Just wondering there was roughly 30 of us taking the test how many made it through to interview stage on your one?

Also what to expect on the final interview? what kind of questions should i prepare for?

Hope your one is going well.

theoneinside- Hope your one goes well also.
Reply 10
Original post by theoneinside
Hey Major93,
Thank you so much, you certainly have helped me calm my nerves!
When do you start your apprenticeship? You must be well excited! :biggrin:
And thanks again :smile:

Glad to help! The start date I've been given is September 10th and I've got my health assessment next week.
Not really thinking about it much cos i'm working atm but yeah I can't wait!

Original post by kaycc
Hiya major93. Thanks for your quick response and advice.
I got through to the final interview. Just wondering there was roughly 30 of us taking the test how many made it through to interview stage on your one?
Also what to expect on the final interview? what kind of questions should i prepare for?
theoneinside- Hope your one goes well also.

No problem and congrats on getting to the interview stages!!!
On my day I think 5/15 made it through to interview stages but I'm not sure about all together over other days.
The interview will probably consist of why you want to work for LU & what you know about them and most important your key skills, experiences etc.

Hope this helps guys
Reply 11
Hi , Ive been invited to the assessment centre next week for the IM management apprentice anybody else got the invite ?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by bobbyjimmy
Hi , Ive been invited to the assessment centre next week for the IM management apprentice anybody else got the invite ?

Hey me too, did you email them back? That reminds me, I should probably be doing the practice test right now.
Reply 13
Original post by Prince94
Hey me too, did you email them back? That reminds me, I should probably be doing the practice test right now.

Yh I did just said what day and time I wanted , works out quite bad for me as I'm on night shifts next week but hey ho .
Reply 14
Yh I did just said what day and time I wanted , works out quite bad for me as I'm on night shifts next week but hey ho .

Well, the interview clashes with my birthday so hopefully it will be a good interview to remember
Reply 15
Original post by Prince94
Well, the interview clashes with my birthday so hopefully it will be a good interview to remember

Ooo unlucky , well good luck anyway
Reply 16
Ooo unlucky , well good luck anyway

Good luck to you too bro
Reply 17
How did everyone do ? Ive got invited back to the final interview :smile:, apprantly only 10 of us get interviewed and 2 get the job for IM service managment apprentice that is
hello,

I'm just reading through your previous post about the assessment. I just filled the application for the project planner apprenticeship scheme and got invited to do an online test, but will like to know much about it please. If the SHL numerical assessment are to go by, they are more of graph, tables and charts. But I will like to know the nature of the online numerical and verbal test.
Thanks
Lex
Reply 19
Hello

Got an interview coming up, anybody got any ideas on what i need to read up on. Thanks i really need help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending