Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Desperate Housewives finale

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Just finished! Is anyone else as sad as I am that they left the lane and it ended on a cliffhanger?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    The cliffhanger bit was annoying. I can't say it was a great finale episode but I guess they had to tidy all the lose ends and stuff.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I thought that was annoying too, why the need to end on a cliffhanger? :mad: I was really disappointed with this episode considering every other of DH's season finales have been brilliant! They should have focused more on the housewives and Karen's death instead of Renee and her wedding.

I did love the the bit where Susan was driving down the lane and the ghosts of the people that had lived there were watching over her but there was one person missing...EDIE!!
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I found it all the more sadder now that Kathryn Joosten died in the same circumstances as her character, Karen McCluskey, last weekend
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I didn't like the cliff hanger but desperate housewives was SO funny and made my Sunday night

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm watching it now! I'm so happy that it ended with Tom and Lynette being together!
    • 91 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Horatio-)
    The cliffhanger bit was annoying. I can't say it was a great finale episode but I guess they had to tidy all the lose ends and stuff.
    Yeah, I didn't like the cliffhanger much either, but I can't say I'm really bothered about this new character anyway.

All that going into the future stuff was kinda cheesy, but pretty sweet I suppose. Reminds me of how cheesily the whole Harry Potter series ended.

(Original post by ScottishShortiex)
    Yeah I thought that was annoying too, why the need to end on a cliffhanger? :mad: I was really disappointed with this episode considering every other of DH's season finales have been brilliant! They should have focused more on the housewives and Karen's death instead of Renee and her wedding.

I did love the the bit where Susan was driving down the lane and the ghosts of the people that had lived there were watching over her but there was one person missing...EDIE!!
    I know, I noticed that too . The actress has been in some legal battle with the producer, which is probably why she didn't return, but it's pretty sad considering that she was a major character in it for so long.

Renee is pretty annoying - I really don't know how her partner puts up with her! Susan, although sweet, is pretty annoying and dumb too - why couldn't she just call an ambulance instead of selfishly stealing the limousine?

(Original post by gagaslilmonsteruk)
    I found it all the more sadder now that Kathryn Joosten died in the same circumstances as her character, Karen McCluskey, last weekend
    I know, freaky right? :rip:
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    i wish they hadn't killed off mike
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Last bit wasn't a cliffhanger it was just to symbolize with the new tenants of the lane, the stories are going to continue
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i'm struggling to believe that there wont actually be another episode!! ever!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I CRIED SO MUCH WHEN THEY WE'RE TALKING ABOUT ALL THEIR NEW LIVES!!!

Literally my favourite ever show, I can't believe it's over
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    It was great... I'm glad they told us how their lives unfolded... and I didn't mind the cliffhanger because it doesn't matter - the ladies have left the lane and the secrets behind!

I'm glad they added Renee towards the end; I love Vanessa Williams.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was sort of disappointed with the ending, I thought it'd be better. And yeah I thought the ending was a bit annoying too cos we'll never know what happens next. I am gonna miss it though, Gaby was my favourite.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amandeep Khatkar)
    Yeah I didn't like the cliff hanger but desperate housewives was SO funny and made my Sunday night

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad
    I dont think it was so much a cliffhanger, it was merely there to show that the lane is always going to have 'secrets'.

I watched the finale when Americans watched it. I personally thought it was sad that they never kept in touch afterwards for poker.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I really liked the ending, I was surprised that they never stayed in touch I didn't see the new person coming in as a cliffhanger per se I just saw it that there will always be secrets on the lane so I didn't mind it at all.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coffee_Please)
    i wish they hadn't killed off mike
    Me neither. It's not a the ending I'm looking for.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenny7)
    Me neither. It's not a the ending I'm looking for.
    I agree it was done kinda quickly and that was that. But if you look at the final episode it mirror's the pilot and was made to be done like this.

Susan enters the show as a single and independant woman with a child, and leaves the same with two children and a grandchild. The show starts on a thursday when Mary Alice commits suicide and ends on a Thursday when Susan leaves. Bree enters a conservative woman and leaves a conversative woman. Gabby and Carlos were introduced arguging and quarreling and left the same and Lynette entered a family and business woman struggling with kids but had to leave work, and exits the show a family woman struggling with grandkids and a successful businesswoman.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 25, 2012
New on TSR

Submitting your UCAS application

How long did it take for yours to be processed?

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.