The Student Room Group

NHS and Tuition Fees -- STUPID QUESTION!

I realise this is a stupid question but I want to be a 100% sure so am going to go right ahead and ask it anywhere. A lot of courses I've been looking at state that the NHS pays your tuition fees, but there is no mention of paying back. So, am I right in thinking you don't have to pay it back?! :confused:
Reply 1
Nah i dont think so or the £1000 grant either :-)
Original post by ClaffClaff
I realise this is a stupid question but I want to be a 100% sure so am going to go right ahead and ask it anywhere. A lot of courses I've been looking at state that the NHS pays your tuition fees, but there is no mention of paying back. So, am I right in thinking you don't have to pay it back?! :confused:

No. Any funding you receive from the NHSBSA is non-repayable. If you get a loan from Student Finance however, you must pay this back.
Reply 3
HAHHAA i had the same problem man!
yeah the NHS pays for it with a £1000 grant. However they give 2 types, if you get the low type you have to get a student loan because it wont be enough for you to survive (living away too) unless you have money stocked up :smile:

dont worry its not a stupid question :smile:
Original post by K_12
HAHHAA i had the same problem man!
yeah the NHS pays for it with a £1000 grant. However they give 2 types, if you get the low type you have to get a student loan because it wont be enough for you to survive (living away too) unless you have money stocked up :smile:

dont worry its not a stupid question :smile:

You get the £1000 grant in addition to having your fees paid.
Reply 5
Thank you everyone :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by ClaffClaff
Thank you everyone :smile:

Its cool. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest