Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Pharmacy as a second degree. Help.

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Situation is that I've just completed B.Sc. (Hons) Industrial Pharmaceutical Sciences with a classification of a 2.2 (Lower Second) at LJMU.

Pretty much every university I've rang up has straight up rejected me as they require a 2.1 minimum classification for entry into the MPharm programme.

Is there any chance of me still doing pharmacy as a career? Or is all hope given up?

Thanks.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    What were your A level grades? You could always look into doing a foundation year?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Grades in A-Level are CCC in Biology, Chemistry and History
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you want my honest opinion I think you should look at other career options as with those a level grades and degree classification I don't think a pharmacy school will accept you. I did pharmacy as a second degree but my offer was on the basis of me getting a 2.1 which I did and I had a level grades of aab with an a in chemistry. They were more worried about my degree classification in all honesty than my a levels.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Your right, not one pharmacy school has accepted me with a 2.2. My only option is to do a Masters in a science area and then start the pharmacy program from first year. Seriously contemplating whether i should take this route or just get experience in the Pharmaceutical Industry and take it from there. Any thoughts?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaza107)
    Your right, not one pharmacy school has accepted me with a 2.2. My only option is to do a Masters in a science area and then start the pharmacy program from first year. Seriously contemplating whether i should take this route or just get experience in the Pharmaceutical Industry and take it from there. Any thoughts?
    As ive said in numerous other second degree students, you realise that you'll be paying £9,000 a year in tuition fees alone with NO financial assistance. You want to pay to do a masters which is expensive in itself so that you can put yourself into heaps of debt with the Mpharm
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    is it £9000 a year for home students doing this as a second degree?

I heard they charge students international rates, such as £12000 a year...
    I dunno if it will be worth it £48,000 tuition fees

I already have a 2.1 engineering degree but I hate engineering and engineering jobs are hard to get into and not available easily. Also they pay so low. I also tried getting accounting graduate schemes but its like impossible to get into :/

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 15, 2012
New on TSR

Student in a Million awards

All the results from our prize-giving night

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.