Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Didnt meet conditional offer :(

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Basically what it is , currently I am studying a HNC in Social Sciences. I've applied to BA Social Sciences at Glasgow caledonian uni (Conditional), on the website it states that they would accept if you gained a C in graded unit, but on my ucas it states a B, now phoned up it is a B. I got my graded unit result back today and to get a B i would of had to of got 60%, I got 58%. I am so gutted, it is unreal. I am just wanting to know with a social science course what would the circumstances be in this situation.
    Martin!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MARTIN.111)
    Basically what it is , currently I am studying a HNC in Social Sciences. I've applied to BA Social Sciences at Glasgow caledonian uni (Conditional), on the website it states that they would accept if you gained a C in graded unit, but on my ucas it states a B, now phoned up it is a B. I got my graded unit result back today and to get a B i would of had to of got 60%, I got 58%. I am so gutted, it is unreal. I am just wanting to know with a social science course what would the circumstances be in this situation.
    Martin!
    In scenarios like that, ring up the professor or lecturer responsible in that department or the admissions officer and discuss your results. Usually in these sort of scenarios where you miss it by the skin of your teeth they maybe more willing to curve the rules per se!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 11, 2012
New on TSR

Join the Welcome Squad

Become a part of the TSR team!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.