The Student Room Group

Adult Literacy and Numeracy Tests

Hi.
I need to take these tests as I need a b in english and c in maths gcse. Has anyone taken these? I cant seem to find anywhere thats take external candiates? What are the pass marks? Any help would be great.
Your local college should run them, I'm not sure what they are called as I'm in Northern Ireland and I know the maths module is called NICATS maths which they deem equivalent to a C in maths for university applications over here. However, I know that if you want higher than a C equivalent it's no use and you need to do the proper GCSE. The college also run these modules as part of access courses for uni too. I am assuming though your question relations to university application?
Reply 2
Make sure that unis will accept them as a replacement for GCSEs first.
Original post by Shelly_x
Make sure that unis will accept them as a replacement for GCSEs first.

That is a good point, I know that NICATS maths is taken in all Northern Ireland universities but it isn't taken in some universities in England/Scotland/Wales
Reply 4
I have just competed an access to nursing. I did Level 3 English and level 3 maths which consisted of Adult numeracy, assignment & open book maths exam, which gave me a GCSE equivalent.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending