The Student Room Group

GCSE maths exam 11th June (WJEC)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by molly23
Yeah same probably haha.. but I hate talking to people after the exam and exchanging answers as it usually makes me realise how many I got wrong :frown:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC One X

I know -.- straight after the exam today peopke disagreed with me... :|
Reply 21
Original post by shadab786ahmed
I know -.- straight after the exam today peopke disagreed with me... :|

Oh well, just presume that you're the right one :wink:

Original post by molly23
Oh well, just presume that you're the right one :wink:

Well, people on here had the same so :biggrin:
Anyone know how long it takes for the unoffical mark schemes to come out?

Also I wasn't sure about square root of 45 minus square root of 43 (or something) squared, and the 8 marks shape one.
Reply 24
Original post by ThrashMetal

Also I wasn't sure about square root of 45 minus square root of 43 (or something) squared, and the 8 marks shape one.

I'm not sure, but if you find out, please let me know!

The root one was 20 and the shape was the angle.was 111.... I posted some answers
I don't think we are :wink: how about the area under a curve :|... I got something between 75 and 80... Cant remember... Failed that one question...

I wasn't sure about that question either to be honest, I used the trapezium rule and got something like 1775 unit^2 lol.

The method I used was like this 1/2 x (2+y0+y5(y1+y2+y3+Y4))

Also I wasn't sure about the coordinate question I had T's coordinates as something like a>-5 and b>-5+1 :s-smilie:. It had a lot of space underneath the question so I drew a little diagram to kind of show it lol.

Other than that the paper was okay but it was definitely the hardest in recent years.
Original post by HerroKitty
I wasn't sure about that question either to be honest, I used the trapezium rule and got something like 1775 unit^2 lol.

The method I used was like this 1/2 x (2+y0+y5(y1+y2+y3+Y4))

Also I wasn't sure about the coordinate question I had T's coordinates as something like a>-5 and b>-5+1 :s-smilie:. It had a lot of space underneath the question so I drew a little diagram to kind of show it lol.

Other than that the paper was okay but it was definitely the hardest in recent years.

Yeah, I agree! I wanted to use integration... I ended up drawing trapeziums beneath and calculating area :P I got something between 75-80..

For the Ts Co-Ordinates I put (and it worked!)

(a, 2-b)
I used X in the trapezium rule, can't remember what my answer was in the end though
I used X in the trapezium rule, can't remember what my answer was in the end though

Was it between 75-80 :smile:
Hmm can't remember, I just remember the values of 5x being 1/2(0x0)h and thinking I'd done it wrong
Hmm can't remember, I just remember the values of 5x being 1/2(0x0)h and thinking I'd done it wrong

I think everyone struggled with that :/
I hope it is a difficult one, I think I got around 62/100 atleast. Should be an A?
I hope it is a difficult one, I think I got around 62/100 atleast. Should be an A?

Really?? I'm confident then, I thought I had over 90... Maybe I'm being optimistic :s-smilie:
Really?? I'm confident then, I thought I had over 90... Maybe I'm being optimistic :s-smilie:
All my past papers were like 72/100 for an A*. Around me 90/100 is easily an A*
All my past papers were like 72/100 for an A*. Around me 90/100 is easily an A*

Thanks! Feel better now :biggrin: good luck to yoh! And for Wednesday!:biggrin:
With question 11 I worked out after the exam the most simple answer was (a,2-b) however in the exam I put (a,b-(2b-2)) which is correct just hardly the most straightforward answer. I did all of my working out using a diagram underneath the lines. How many marks do you think I'll get?
Since it's theoretically correct I suppose there's a chance I could get full marks but I suppose there's also a chance that since it's not exactly correct and I did all of my working out using a diagram underneath the lines I could get no marks. What do you think?
I'm not overly worried because I'm confident that the rest of the paper went well but I'd rather not lose 5 marks in one question. Otherwise it was definitely a much more challenging paper than all of the past papers I've done.
Original post by Choccie Milk
With question 11 I worked out after the exam the most simple answer was (a,2-b) however in the exam I put (a,b-(2b-2)) which is correct just hardly the most straightforward answer. I did all of my working out using a diagram underneath the lines. How many marks do you think I'll get?
Since it's theoretically correct I suppose there's a chance I could get full marks but I suppose there's also a chance that since it's not exactly correct and I did all of my working out using a diagram underneath the lines I could get no marks. What do you think?
I'm not overly worried because I'm confident that the rest of the paper went well but I'd rather not lose 5 marks in one question. Otherwise it was definitely a much more challenging paper than all of the past papers I've done.

I wrote (a, 2-b) is that full marks?? I also drew diagrams as proof... :P
I wrote (a, 2-b) is that full marks?? I also drew diagrams as proof... :P

Yes I'm almost completely certain that that's full marks.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Choccie Milk
Yes I'm almost completely certain that that's full marks.

Phew! What did you get for the area bound by a graph?? My answer was something between 75-80

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending