11th June OCR Maths Higher Tier New Spec

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by 08rbut
Why the hell was there function notation? Thats unit A!! It was Unit B btw

i know! i was so annoyed! what did you get? i think i got 6
Reply 21
yeah i think the boundaries would be lower for this one :smile:

i think for the smallest surface area i put 22cm i think but i cant remember the stem and leaf sorry

do you remember what you put for the very last question? did you leave it as a fraction and keep the denominator in brackets or not?
Reply 22
Original post by swaggy

do you remember what you put for the very last question? did you leave it as a fraction and keep the denominator in brackets or not?

i kept my denominator in the brackets but loads of people i know multiplied them out, so not sure :colondollar:
Reply 23
what shape did everyone draw for the plan view??
Reply 24
Original post by teengeek
what shape did everyone draw for the plan view??

It was an L shape
Reply 25
i kept my denominator in the brackets but loads of people i know multiplied them out, so not sure :colondollar:

Good i did the same as you :smile:
Reply 26
Original post by Liquid5
It was an L shape

okay cool , like 3 squares vertical and one square horizontal? :smile:
Reply 27
does anyone remember the answer to the question at the top of the page on the last page, it was like a fraction to the power of another fraction... :confused:
Original post by Liquid5
It was an L shape

I didn't put an L shape... Surely it was just a 2x3 square from the plan view.
Original post by clare.hughes1

Rectangle even. LOL :colondollar:
Reply 30
Original post by clare.hughes1

there was only 6 cubes and u had to look at the front and side view, they didnt match up like a 2x3 grid
Reply 31
For the cubes, the smallest area was 22cm I think
Reply 32
shall we get up an unofficial mark scheme?
Reply 33
shall we get up an unofficial mark scheme?

yessssss omg please
Reply 34
Original post by imaan123
yessssss omg please

lol we need everyone to just put every question & answer they can remember and we can put it together
Reply 35
- 3/50 = 0.06
-2/9 = 0.2 recurring
-the mixed number addition, not sure but i got 1 and a 1/2
-the loci and construction question-->put compass from C 5cm away and draw an arc, then do a line in middle between AB and AD i think , and shade bottom left section??
-probability tree, fill in remaining fraction over 10 (e.g 2/10 and 8/10)
-then probability of 2 no faults, it was 0.9 multiplied by 0.8 which was 0.72
-the drawing a plan question - should of got an 'L' shape (3 vertical, 1 horizontal)
-on isometric shape, should have drawn a 3 by 2 cuboid
-smallest surface area of cuboid shape was 22cm^2
-question with formula linking height of dropping a ball of a cliff to sea or something, u had to write the height of something, i'm not sure but i put '90m'
-work out t and h values for histogram, should have got like 90..70..45
-then plot that correctly and draw a line through the points so you get a curve going downwards
-the drinks ratio (3:1), should have been like 750 ml of apple juice and 250ml mango juice
- a question on profit a girl made from drinks should have got something like £32.60
-inequality question = X greater than/same as 2
-on inequality line draw a filled in circle on 2
-vector question, for p + q, you literally added the column vector thingss
-vector question k=? and j=?
-2nd from last question, i got 17 + a surd number..
-last question i got 7x something with plus or minus something, cant remember on top part and got like (x-2)(x+3) or something like that in brackets on the bottom

thats all i can remember atm, there was also a question about runners in a 10km race, then u had to work out whether a prediction was correct or something...
For the question about how many wins the team had with 28 points in 12 games (with 3 points per win and one point per draw and they had no losses) I got 8 :smile: ?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Can anyone else remember any more questions because if you can, will you PM me?
I'll try recall some questions myself.
- 3/50 = 0.06
-2/9 = 0.2 recurring
-the mixed number addition, not sure but i got 1 and a 1/2
-the loci and construction question-->put compass from C 5cm away and draw an arc, then do a line in middle between AB and AD i think , and shade bottom left section??
-probability tree, fill in remaining fraction over 10 (e.g 2/10 and 8/10)
-then probability of 2 no faults, it was 0.9 multiplied by 0.8 which was 0.72
-the drawing a plan question - should of got an 'L' shape (3 vertical, 1 horizontal)
-on isometric shape, should have drawn a 3 by 2 cuboid
-smallest surface area of cuboid shape was 22cm^2
-question with formula linking height of dropping a ball of a cliff to sea or something, u had to write the height of something, i'm not sure but i put '90m'
-work out t and h values for histogram, should have got like 90..70..45
-then plot that correctly and draw a line through the points so you get a curve going downwards
-the drinks ratio (3:1), should have been like 750 ml of apple juice and 250ml mango juice
- a question on profit a girl made from drinks should have got something like £32.60
-inequality question = X greater than/same as 2
-on inequality line draw a filled in circle on 2
-vector question, for p + q, you literally added the column vector thingss
-vector question k=? and j=?
-2nd from last question, i got 17 + a surd number..
-last question i got 7x something with plus or minus something, cant remember on top part and got like (x-2)(x+3) or something like that in brackets on the bottom

thats all i can remember atm, there was also a question about runners in a 10km race, then u had to work out whether a prediction was correct or something...

I can confirm with you that you have the LOCI and the Inequality question with you. Also the drinks question and the surd question : )
The football question which was question 6 was something like East Hill have a total of 28 points.
3 points means a win and 1 point means a draw.
Find out how many of the 12 matches East Hill has won.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending