Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Teeth moved after braces

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Everyone I'm 14 in highschool. So I had braces for about 16 months and it made my teeth straight I think! But recently I lost my retainer bare in mind I only just got my braces off a year ago. I lost my retainer for 3 months and then my mum paid for a new one but now my teeth are so bad. everywhere descusting I can't take photos videos nothing! I want to die. And I mean it, my
    Teeth are so bad and I went back to the orthadontist today and she was just like oh it's fine I will leave them. how much are braces private what should I do?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Depends on your definition of bad - for you personally they may look terrible, but from anthers perspective they may look perfectly fine.

I'm sure they couldn't have moved that much in 3 months anyway, surely?

Braces privately range from £1700-£3000+ depending on type.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I had braces for two years and then got a retainer so I know what you've been through and what I'm talking about

Don't talk about killing yourself, there are some people without access to a doctor for the most basic of things and you were able to get braces, so count yourself lucky!

It's such a shame that you lost your retainer! You shouldn't have left it so long to get a new one, I've had my braces off for over 18 months now, but even so my teeth still move if I don't wear my retainer for just a couple of days - let alone 3 whole months...!

In the UK it costs about £2,000 to get braces privately, in the US that's about $3,500 at a very rough guess. However, it's worth talking to your orthodontist about going private because they are developing new kinds of braces which are less expensive.

If your orthodontist thinks it's fine, maybe it is fine! After seeing your teeth really straight from the braces, any change is likely to seem horrendous, it probably isn't as bad as you think it is.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What stresses me out the most is that in this time. most people get braces so it's uncommon to get teeth like mine and I can't get over and it now I'm afraid I'm
    Depressed as I just sit and think about it all say and sit in a dark room alone
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Stop sitting in a dark room, switch the light on and get over it. If you're depressed over it then you need to see a doctor because that is just not normal.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    No it's just I have always hated myself I cry about all the time I don't want to see a doctor they will just give me medication. ;( I have always hated myself and the way I look I don't really like going out I don't like to be seen I love taking pictures I just look bad in all of them you would think the one thing I could have is a nice set of teeth
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Post a picture of your self. You're probably not that bad.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://instagr.am/p/LsmR_DOiYO/
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I can look good in pictures and bad in pictures it depends my teeth are the worst I also suffer from
    Acne don't really do much just sit alone in my
    Room
    Or if it's sunny sit alone in the garden
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Aw I feel bad for you. You don't even look bad! Can you post a picture of your teeth. And if you have acne they sell stuff that gets rid of it... you really shouldn't do that
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    my orthadontist told me you had to wear your retainer for abuot years at night.

Did you not tell your orthadontist how worried you are about them?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I did and she was like no no their fine. she dosnt care she's not really that great Shes not mean but she just dosnt care and dosnt understand what I'm
    Going through

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 11, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.