Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA Maths GCSE Unit 2 - 11th June - Unofficial Mark Scheme

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i dont even remember that 1 didnt c it ....was that the foundation paper or higher??? I did the higher but ran out of time!
    • 56 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zayba)
    i dont even remember that 1 didnt c itwas that the foundation paper or higher??? I did the higher but ran out of time!
    I had about 25 minutes left but I did find a bad mistake and corrected it
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well seems as I am doing this two years early and I panicked like crazy doing something that is easy by sight proved rather hard to be honest. And I'm not the best mathematician either, I'm more of a writer to be honest.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Roughly how many marks would it be for an a* ?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    for the train ticket question i picked the second ticket offer, 60 + 1.5 credit card charge and 80p handling charge, what about ever1 else ?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student16S)
    I've heard that its 77% but I'm not too sure
    • 56 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student16S)
    46 an a* in the past papers has been≥45≤48-I think.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I hope the grade boundaries are lowered and it is 45 or 46 for an a*
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What are the grade boundaries for all the grades?
    • 56 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShannonS)
    What are the grade boundaries for all the grades?
    I estimate A*-46 A-36 B-27 C-19 D-12.You are also allowed to scrape an E.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    IS it really 15? YAY! That's what I put! It was the last question on my paper because I'm doing foundation and I'm thrilled I got it right because Maths isn't my strong point.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    How did you work out the 4/5 thing?
    Shannon 12/4= 3 x 5=15
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    question 17 or "the grid question" can be worked out by finding out what the different co-ordinates are:

The first thing i did was re-arrange the equation and draw a table with A-D and the co-ordinates.

the equation was y=-2x+6

using that i knew that B was (0,6)

And because A's y value was 0, i could use the mx part of the equation to find the x value, which is 3. (this is how far you go back from B to get Cs x value)

with that information i plotted where C was in terms of B , which was 3 to the left and 6 up, making C : (-3, +12)

Now i knew what C: (-3,+12) and D: (-7, 0) were, i could find the gradient and intercept by finding where C was in terms of D.

To get from D to C on the x axis you go across 4
    To get from D to C on the y axis you go up 12.

The gradient is therefore 12/4 or 3.

You can use the 3 in an equation for one of the C or D x values, so if x=-3 for c then 3x would equal -9, and to get to 12 you add 21. the same with x=7.

the final equation answer should of been y=3x+21

(I think factorising the equation to make y/3=x +7 is right but i don't think the examier would accept it since equations are in the form y=mx+c)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I seem to be the only one who found this paper hard! I didn't understand the last few questions and my mind went blank on easy ones! What is the lowest you can actually get on this test?
    Nope I found it hard too hopefully the grade boundary will be lowered!!!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I found it really hard.

How many marks do you think i would get for the graph question as i put y= 4x + 28 and put the number -3 somewhere. Sorry for little detail but this question is stressing me out as everyone else in my class got it right ( y= 3x + 21), how many marks was the graph question btw?

On the last question i put 4 and -16, how many marks do yoy think i would get for that?

Also for the 3 to the power of 2012 question i put 9 but that was a quess and i didnt really put any logical working down so how many marks do you think i would get for that?

Thanks and good luck!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by candyfloss.head)
    Nope I found it hard too hopefully the grade boundary will be lowered!!!!
    i hope so!! I dont get to find out my mark until the end of summer so i will definitely worry all summer! haha
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wombie97)
    I found it really hard.

How many marks do you think i would get for the graph question as i put y= 4x + 28 and put the number -3 somewhere. Sorry for little detail but this question is stressing me out as everyone else in my class got it right ( y= 3x + 21), how many marks was the graph question btw?

On the last question i put 4 and -16, how many marks do yoy think i would get for that?

Also for the 3 to the power of 2012 question i put 9 but that was a quess and i didnt really put any logical working down so how many marks do you think i would get for that?

Thanks and good luck!
    the last question you should have got 4 marks out of th 5 because i made exactly the same mistake! and im not sure about th 3 to the power of 2012 question as many people are unsure about what the mark scheme will be like for this.

good luck anyway!:-)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hey what was the anser for the age question i got 10 how many marks would i9 get
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    is anyone there

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 4, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.