The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Thats a tricky one, considering you have an unconditional from UCE (Congrats!). I just know that OB is brilliant for my course (business) and they are really focussed on helping you find a job and i'm sure it is the same for the other subjects. Does location make a big difference for you? I prefer Oxford to Birmingham but that is just my personal oppinion lol. I dont have any pics but i looked around the campus and although its smaller then some, it has everything you need and all the facilities are modern. Sorry i couldnt be any more help!
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 2
go visit the place to get a feel for it
Reply 3
ringlets anon.
Does location make a big difference for you? I prefer Oxford to Birmingham but that is just my personal oppinion lol.!

thank you :smile:
location is quite important to me yeah i've been to birmingham a couple of times and have friends who are at uni up there and the nightlife seems to be really good, and although the course is more important, the social side needs to be good too! So what kinda clubs and things are on on campus? And whats the town like at night?
I dont know much about the night life at OB but if you go on the Student Union website there seems to be a lot of info. on there and Oxford is ment to be really great for entertainment (I only visited during the day lol).
Reply 5
I went to visit today, it's really nice :smile:

Only thing that bothers me a bit is you can't keep your car there, and the campuses are so far apart. Apart from that i like it, alot.
Reply 6
Lilly_May
I went to visit today, it's really nice :smile:

Only thing that bothers me a bit is you can't keep your car there, and the campuses are so far apart. Apart from that i like it, alot.

what was the main campus like, is it the headington one? cos it all seems a bit far apart to me, like everything is separate from ecah other and then the town is quite far away... but i'm not sure. i'm just kinda looking for any info on the place as I'm really having a tough time deciding!
Reply 7
Oxford's a really nice city - I graduated from Brookes in 2002 and always look back with fondness at the University. I dont really like Brummy-land as a place and I'm always biased. If you are after quirky backstreets, attractive districts, historical centres and a safer city go to Oxford.
Reply 8
laurah
what was the main campus like, is it the headington one? cos it all seems a bit far apart to me, like everything is separate from ecah other and then the town is quite far away... but i'm not sure. i'm just kinda looking for any info on the place as I'm really having a tough time deciding!

Yeah they are pretty seperate but i'll be living near the Headingtion campus and going to lessons at the two other ones! Geat!
Reply 9
did you write that signature yourself lilly may or is it a quote from a book?
Reply 10
emily9588
did you write that signature yourself lilly may or is it a quote from a book?

Heard it somewhere. Why?
Reply 11
Hana_87
Yeah they are pretty seperate but i'll be living near the Headingtion campus and going to lessons at the two other ones! Geat!

I just realised you're the girl that repped me the other day, and it would appear you've been at Brookes too?! What did you study?
Reply 12
smilee172
I just realised you're the girl that repped me the other day, and it would appear you've been at Brookes too?! What did you study?

Ummm i didn't go to Brookes. That must have been written years ago!
Reply 13
Hana_87
Ummm i didn't go to Brookes. That must have been written years ago!

Ahh I see. Was it one of your options? Because it said you'd be living near the Headington campus. Yeh, was writtena bout 3 years ago, old skool!