The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Biology Unit 1 Exam, June 12th 2012

Scroll to see replies

I agree totally...the exam was totally missleading also NOTHING I revised was in the test! Anyone know what the grade boundaries are
Reply 101
Original post by daniya12
for question 1, iwasnt there the use of placebo, for that, i put it was used to show the medicine/drug had an effect???????

Yepp thats it thanks I put that too! :P
Reply 102
Original post by daniya12
im pretty sure it was 6200-1700= 4300, therefore mean= 860?

Dont shun me if im wrong, but thats what i put?

6200-1700 = 4500? Lol :smile:

Hi guys,
I Wanted to ask that can we resit the exam if we did cr@p?
Is the option for a resit available?
The boards aqa btw.
Please help
Reply 104
What do you mean old spec? You people are talking about the biology exam from today right?
Reply 105
Original post by Napster_449
I agree totally...the exam was totally missleading also NOTHING I revised was in the test! Anyone know what the grade boundaries are

Grade boundaries low, the test was a bit weird, harder than most of the past papers.
Reply 106
Did you guys think you had enough time? what time did you guys finish?
Original post by poistar
Did you guys think you had enough time? what time did you guys finish?

i had like 10 mins left... it was really hard though!!
whole school found it really challenging :frown:
hope grade boundaries are low!!
I'm thinking 26 for A*
Reply 108
My paper was out of 60. Is this the new specification one? Who did this one then? How did you guys find it?
OMG!!
This was the hardest paper 1 ever!!!

I should have revised..
I'm thinking 26 will be A*
Today's exam was definitely the hardest i've done...
I'm sure the grade boundaries will be low...
anyone in year 11 on this thread?! :smile:
or 10!! :smile:
let me know how you found it!
Reply 111
Original post by bezabe
That seems very good. They seemed to ask the same question twice in 4b and 4d? For effects on the body I put poor eyesight (lack of vit A) and lean and bony (lack of fat) then for health effects I put kwashiokor and rickets. One of those might be right! I got the whole of Q7 wrong and not much of Q8 right either. For the last one, they cleared the rainforest, which released CO2 in three different ways, but then surely planting the palm oil trees would increase photosynthesis again, so more CO2 is taken in? Overall though you have done very well.

Thanks :smile: 4b and 4d one was on malnutrition one was starvation I think, I got confused :/ I'm sure Kwashiorkor and Rickets are right, dunno bout other 2, and yhh dunno bout last question LOL just gotta wait and see :P
Reply 112
Original post by SmellyK.
hmm i guess it wasnt too bad but we hadnt been taught nothing about malnutrition. what did you write for the 2 health problems malnutrition can cause??

what q's were there about malnutrition? never saw that? did i do a different test or something? the first q on our paper was about why painkillers didn't cure disease...

little worried now coz didn't see the q about malnutrition...
Reply 113
Original post by poistar
My paper was out of 60. Is this the new specification one? Who did this one then? How did you guys find it?

Yeah, that was new spec :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Wildfire
lol why are you all saying its Zambia? it was South Africa the answer as it was asking for Proportion of the least with food... which was south africa as they had a higher population and a lot less food lmao...
Reply 115
Original post by woiiiichan
lol why are you all saying its Zambia? it was South Africa the answer as it was asking for Proportion of the least with food... which was south africa as they had a higher population and a lot less food lmao...

In the bar chart, one bar showed population, and the other showed population with Malnourishment / not enough food... Therefore Zambia was the correct answer?
Original post by aledo6
In the bar chart, one bar showed population, and the other showed population with Malnourishment / not enough food... Therefore Zambia was the correct answer?

I agree :smile:
Original post by aledo6

yeah... south africa had the highest population, therefore more malnourished..?
It seems as if many people found this difficult, so my guess on the grade boundaries is:

A*- 30
A-27
B-22
C-19
Reply 119
Original post by woiiiichan
yeah... south africa had the highest population, therefore more malnourished..?

One bar was population, the other was population malnourished. It was the largest proportion they were looking for, which was Zambia.

Quick Reply

Latest