Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone in Masters courses in Anthropology

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi All!

This is Adil from India.

I have received an unconditional offer in the MA Development and Rights programme at the Anthropology department of Goldsmiths.

So who are the others joining me in the same dept in the upcoming session? Will look forward to meet you all in September. Enjoy
    Lets be in touch before we get there.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I just accepted my offer, and will be doing a MA in Anhtrhopology of Health and the Body
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ohh that's good to know that at last people are joining the department. Since last one month this thread was unanswered. So have you heard anything from accommodation?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    No, but I just applied two days ago Do you know where you will be staying?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I have just finished my anthropology undergraduate at Goldsmiths, its a really great department - excellent teaching and so many interesting people! Make sure you go to the anthropology department party at the start of term - it is a great way to meet both students and staff in the department!

If you have any issues finding accommodation then look out for info regarding a housing event that the SU will be putting on towards the end of august.

Any questions, feel free to ask!

Tama
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MariaB.)
    No, but I just applied two days ago Do you know where you will be staying?
    Well, I applied for University accommodation long back in mid June. They have said that they will let the PG applicants know about their accommodation by 10th of August. But I am considering private accommodation also as shared flat or something like that.

So where are you from? International student or British?...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am norwegian I just learned that my boyfriend will be able to go with me, so we are now looking mainly for private housing. Its a bit of a mess, as his job will be on the other side of town, we sort of have to find something in the middle. Not easy, and super expencive!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MariaB.)
    I am norwegian I just learned that my boyfriend will be able to go with me, so we are now looking mainly for private housing. Its a bit of a mess, as his job will be on the other side of town, we sort of have to find something in the middle. Not easy, and super expencive!
    Aah! Wish you luck as I am going through the same situation. My girlfriend is working in London School of Economics. And Goldsmiths is in different direction. I have received offer for University accommodation. But thinking of staying together. So we are also on a househunt and finding something from where we both can commute easily to our destination.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    New Cross is very well connected! It is generally a lot cheaper than other places in more central London. Just make sure you choose somewhere which close to a good train/tube link and commuting in London is actually not that bad

Tama

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 17, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.