Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Joining IB soon-need help in subject choices

Announcements Posted on
Become part of the Welcome Squad! Apply here! 28-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I will be starting classes in July...so i need an urgent reply!!!
    I am planning to study medicine in the long run...and i chose these subjects:

Maths HL
    Bio HL
    Chem HL
    English A1 SL
    Economics SL
    French Ab Initio SL

I hope my HL subjects are fine. Suggestions are welcome.
    I am not so sure about taking Economics SL...some say that doing Business&Management SL would be better...i m in a serious dilemma here...please help!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Your subject choices are fine! Although, if maths is an issue, you can drop it to SL without it being much of a problem as it is A LOT harder than SL maths.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. However do good medical institutions accept Maths SL? And is Economics or B&M better?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RashikaSingh)
    Thanks. However do good medical institutions accept Maths SL? And is Economics or B&M better?
    Maths HL are not required but are always good to have. And Economics is definitely much better than B&M, unless you plan to start your own business.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey, i will be starting the IB in September 2012. And i have chosen my subjects but im a bit unsure, because i dont know what i want to do at university!

I have chosen:

Spanish B HL
    Geography HL
    Enonomics HL

English SL
    Environmental Systems & Societies SL
    Maths SL

I dont know whether to take math studies or not, i mean i have read all the comments and treads about it, but i guess i need to figure out what i want to take? Any suggestions?

Help please! Thanks!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    English HL
    Bio HL
    Chem HL
    History HL
    Math SL
    Serbian SL
    Visual Arts SL

Any good for Medicine?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CAC)
    Hey, i will be starting the IB in September 2012. And i have chosen my subjects but im a bit unsure, because i dont know what i want to do at university!

I have chosen:

Spanish B HL
    Geography HL
    Enonomics HL

English SL
    Environmental Systems & Societies SL
    Maths SL

I dont know whether to take math studies or not, i mean i have read all the comments and treads about it, but i guess i need to figure out what i want to take? Any suggestions?

Help please! Thanks!
    If you want to study economics or any of the sciences then maths SL is a must but if you want to do arts, languages or any other degree that does not rely on maths then just take maths studies. Maths SL is not easy and if you have no need for it then there really is no point in taking it unless you enjoy being challenged.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    But the only problems is i dont even know what i want to study! well...i know i definately dont want to study any sciences at university! is there any courses or professions that you can direct me too, throught my higher level choices, well courses at good universities!? thanks!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 22, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.