A decent effort?

Almost certainly quite a high A.

Mr M, how much do you get paid a year?
Original post by Princessofhistory
Mr M, how much do you get paid a year?

Err ... bit of a personal question?
Reply 84
Original post by Mr M
Err ... we have entered the twilight zone.

LOL haha

Last questions,

13) Hexagon and Octagons, I did 360/6= 36, to work out angles in a hexagon.
Then I wrote down 360/8, but I made an error in that calculation.
Then I did 360-(36+wrong number). 1 mark?

22b) I substituted the numbers into the formula- fd=f x cw and ended up with 5.3 (rounded to 5) somehow. 0 or 1 mark?

26b) I ended up just moving it up by 2.....so it hit 8, but also was touching 1 instead of -1....
Mr M again would appreciate it if you could answer this.

for 26b. i stretched the graph two places higher but not down would i get any marks?

for 24 i got 281 over 999 would i get any marks?

for 4 i never put mph in the key will i drop a mark?

for question 5 you say medicine, what was that question again?

Finally for question 25 i put something like r= sqr root of 27x over 3 pi, does this sound like i would of wrote any working out down that would grab a mark (i know its a ridiculous question for me to ask).

Thanks
I got about 50 I think,
Enough for a B? I did ur mom
This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire HD A9191
Reply 87
Original post by doritos123
Do you think 120 would be enough for an A?

Overall? I would say maybe just about.....that is 60% overall, but that is very borderline!
Original post by Coke1
You are looking at an A* if you can do well in the CALC :smile:

Thanks mate. Personally i think ill get 70 on non calc because i'm bound to lose around 10 marks i wouldn't think of loosing.

On the positive side. I've looked at grade boundaries and to get a A in march was 124 and in June 2011 was 116
Reply 89
MR M- could you please help me... r^3 =3X^2 does this equal to r=3X... i thought it didnt because... rxrxr=3xXxX and you cant simplyfy that please can someone help me??
Original post by 123456789abcde
Mr M again would appreciate it if you could answer this.

for 26b. i stretched the graph two places higher but not down would i get any marks?

for 24 i got 281 over 999 would i get any marks?

for 4 i never put mph in the key will i drop a mark?

for question 5 you say medicine, what was that question again?

Finally for question 25 i put something like r= sqr root of 27x over 3 pi, does this sound like i would of wrote any working out down that would grab a mark (i know its a ridiculous question for me to ask).

Thanks

He already answered you.
Original post by Coke1
LOL haha

Last questions,

13) Hexagon and Octagons, I did 360/6= 36, to work out angles in a hexagon.
Then I wrote down 360/8, but I made an error in that calculation.
Then I did 360-(36+wrong number). 1 mark?

22b) I substituted the numbers into the formula- fd=f x cw and ended up with 5.3 (rounded to 5) somehow. 0 or 1 mark?

26b) I ended up just moving it up by 2.....so it hit 8, but also was touching 1 instead of -1....

13 yes

22 1 mark

26 no marks
Reply 92
On the question with the cylinder and the sphere, i know looking back i had the right method but i made a silly mistake at the start which affected my answer. Do you think i'd still get 1 mark?
Also i think i got about 90. With a similar performance in the calc. paper is that enough for an a*?
Mr M. Will the grade boundaries be lower than usual for these exams because they were hard and new?
Reply 94
Original post by lhj15196
On the question with the cylinder and the sphere, i know looking back i had the right method but i made a silly mistake at the start which affected my answer. Do you think i'd still get 1 mark?
Also i think i got about 90. With a similar performance in the calc. paper is that enough for an a*?

More than enough...
Original post by games211
MR M- could you please help me... r^3 =3X^2 does this equal to r=3X... i thought it didnt because... rxrxr=3xXxX and you cant simplyfy that please can someone help me??

No that's just wrong.
Reply 96
Hi Mr M from looking at the answers you have provided for the paper, I think I have done bad and have only scored 48 and I need a B for my career in Engineering, so I was wondering how many marks I need to get in the second paper to get a B grade.
Original post by lhj15196

Probably and yes I expect so.
Original post by Aarongreatbanks
Mr M. Will the grade boundaries be lower than usual for these exams because they were hard and new?

I didn't think they were any harder really so I think the boundaries will be very similar to the previous Linear specification.
Reply 99
what mark do you think will be needed to get the the A* ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending