Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to use extra paper in an exam

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I know I'm probably going to get negged for mentioning the words 'extra' and 'paper' together but:

I've never asked for extra paper in an exam before and I'm retaking a module which had really small spaces to write in last time. So how do you use extra paper - do you have to get a separate bit for each question you need it for? Or write the end of several questions on the same sheet? Then what happens at the end, do you get a tag or something? Where do you tag them?

Apologies if this seems obvious, I'd just rather not try to have this discussion with an invigilator in the middle of an exam.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    that is a good question,
    it varies from exam to exam but the main thing to remember is the write the question number down!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You put your hand up and ask for the paper. if you're using it for several questions write which question the end of the answer is for on the paper, you don't need to have a separate piece for each. Also towards the end of the exam the invigilator will come round and hole-punch the corner of your exam paper and give you a tag to connect them together.

Just a bit of advice; the paper will need to be filled in with your name and centre number etc, do this after the exam is over, the invigilator will allow this. It wastes crucial time in the exam having to fill out the front of the additional answer booklet.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I advise asking for the paper a few minutes before you actually need it, because the invigilators take a while to bring it to you...
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys, hopefully it should be ok tomorrow
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Maths today didn't have enough space for the working plus I made mistakes so I ended up using two booklets, but I just put them inside! I completely forgot to adds tag and left it on my table when I gave the paper in. Will they still mark it??

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 22, 2014
New on TSR

Have a UCAS application question?

Post it in our dedicated forum

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.