Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Rangers FC to liquidate.

Announcements Posted on
Applying to uni this year? Check out our new personal statement advice hub 28-11-2014
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    I feel this is worthy of it's own thread. Feel free to correct me Mr Mods :top:

Well, there you go. A CVA has been rejected by HMRC and liquidation will be the result.

NewCo needs 7 SPL teams to vote them back into the SPL.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately, I suspect the Newco will be allowed back into the SPL without sanction.

They should have to reapply to join the SFL against the likes of Spartans and Wick, of course it's only fair and right that the newco would beat out those semi-pro teams to be admitted to the SFL, however Rangers newco should have to start from division 3 and work their way up.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Dangermouse)
    Unfortunately, I suspect the Newco will be allowed back into the SPL without sanction.

They should have to reapply to join the SFL against the likes of Spartans and Wick, of course it's only fair and right that the newco would beat out those semi-pro teams to be admitted to the SFL, however Rangers newco should have to start from division 3 and work their way up.
    wouldn't really care if we went to the 3rd division there will be no European Football for 3 years anyway regardless and it would be impossible to win the SPL with points deductions and clubs in the SFL are allowed to negotiate their own TV deals unlike the SPL teams so once Sky pull out of the SPL or cut it dramatically we can arrange our own TV deal and keep all the money while the smaller clubs in the SFL would get to benifit from additional ticket money from travelling fans.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is this the all singing and dancing thread? :dance:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    And this is where the beginning of the end starts for the SPL. R.I.P.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    The SPL clubs will vote them back in easily. They understand that the league would become pointless and interest would become less if Celtic were just going to win by default every year. It's true that the league is a bit of a joke already, but a league without Rangers would kill it.

I'll be honest, I think that either everybody will vote them back in (even Celtic) or everybody will vote them in apart from Celtic.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    we're having a party when rangers die!

on a serious note though they shouldn't get any special treatment and should be playing division 3 football next season. haha. all we need now is celtic to go bust and we might get a resonably competitive league
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hibs are definitely voting against the newco and Dundee United seemed to be hinting they probably will aswell. Motherwell said they would "listen to their fans" - the majority of whom will be against the re-entry.
    However, the newco just need eight votes and I believe they will probably get them.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    No one will vote them back in, except maybe Hearts who are in a similarly precarious situation. Everyone understands that no Rangers means a greater distribution of wealth and the chance to properly reform Scottish football for TV revenue and salary caps and the like.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Didn't Livingston get demoted to the third division when they had financial difficulties? This shouldn't even be going to a vote, they should be consistent.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrew_don)
    Hibs are definitely voting against the newco and Dundee United seemed to be hinting they probably will aswell. Motherwell said they would "listen to their fans" - the majority of whom will be against the re-entry.
    However, the newco just need eight votes and I believe they will probably get them.
    Add Aberdeen as an against vote and that's 4 votes out of 11 they won't be getting. With Celtic, 5. Nae happening.
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shabalala)
    wouldn't really care if we went to the 3rd division there will be no European Football for 3 years anyway regardless and it would be impossible to win the SPL with points deductions and clubs in the SFL are allowed to negotiate their own TV deals unlike the SPL teams so once Sky pull out of the SPL or cut it dramatically we can arrange our own TV deal and keep all the money while the smaller clubs in the SFL would get to benifit from additional ticket money from travelling fans.
    LOL. I doubt sky will pay big bucks to air Ranger vs [inserts witty name of a scottish club]
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Try the ibrox smoothie.
    Take 45,000 bitter oranges, an equal amount of sour grapes, for texture, add a bag of cold chips from a disgruntled shoulder, put in a blender and LIQUIDATE. Serve with jelly and ice-cream or some sour plums. Delicious!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrigidSymphony)
    Add Aberdeen as an against vote and that's 4 votes out of 11 they won't be getting. With Celtic, 5. Nae happening.
    Ah, a fellow Aberdeen fan - I feel your pain!

Sadly, Milne has remained non-committal over the vote (he said he would "act in the best interests of Scottish football" - code for a 'Yes' vote? I hope not!) - fans are saying they will not renew season tickets should the club approve the newco (but since the deadline has now past I would imagine those who really wanted to renew and intend to have renewed by now).

I seem to remember Miller being quoted in the Evening Express a month or so back saying he supported a Rangers newco (gaining admission to the SPL), however maybe my mind is playing tricks on me.

Unfortunately Dunfermline went down - Yorkston would have definitely voted against.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrew_don)
    Ah, a fellow Aberdeen fan - I feel your pain!

Sadly, Milne has remained non-committal over the vote (he said he would "act in the best interests of Scottish football" - code for a 'Yes' vote? I hope not!) - fans are saying they will not renew season tickets should the club approve the newco (but since the deadline has now past I would imagine those who really wanted to renew and intend to have renewed by now).

I seem to remember Miller being quoted in the Evening Express a month or so back saying he supported a Rangers newco (gaining admission to the SPL), however maybe my mind is playing tricks on me.

Unfortunately Dunfermline went down - Yorkston would have definitely voted against.
    Stewart "greedyguts" Milne may be a tosser but he'd have to be incredibly stupid to risk alienating the Aberdeen support by letting Rangers back into the SPL like that.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrigidSymphony)
    Stewart "greedyguts" Milne may be a tosser but he'd have to be incredibly stupid to risk alienating the Aberdeen support by letting Rangers back into the SPL like that.
    I think he's alienated us enough in the past. Hopefully we get a pleasant surprise, however. Sadly, I still cannot see enough clubs voting against this newco.
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    LOL. I doubt sky will pay big bucks to air Ranger vs [inserts witty name of a scottish club]
    Sky pay us pennies anyway. No Rangers will make **** all difference to most financially. Celtic and Rangers get the bigger cut of it, remove one whilst cutting the contract, they'll likely be no worse off.

Hibs, Dundee United, Aberdeen, Celtic + 1 more. I think Rangers get to vote in the situation :rolleyes: and they need and 8:4 win.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shabalala)
    I'm not sure clubs would make any more money with the extra policing costs involved.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Kilmarnock a definite yes now - Inverness and Ross County also likely to vote yes for gate purposes (how many Rangers fans do/would travel up). Thompson (Dundee Utd) seems to be swinging back and forth now so it's anybody's guess how he'll vote.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 19, 2012
New on TSR

Exclusive Nick Clegg interview

Your questions answered by the deputy prime minister

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.