Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Rangers FC to liquidate.

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Old Father Time)
    Well seeing as you're a Celtic fan, I'll have to take your word for it, but it doesn't change the fact that both clubs spout sectarianism bile that shouldn't be in the game. Also, If you're referring to the I.R.A, then the debate is indefensible. Neither side should be supported. It was wrong for British troops to enter Ireland, and it was wrong for the I.R.A to bomb and kill innocent people who had nothing to do with the conflict. The motive of the I.R.A. is good but the way they go about it is so so very wrong and that is why they don't have nearly as much support. This is coming from an Catholic with an Irish family and ancestors.
    Do some research and learn to define your IRAs, or you end up sounding like a tit.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrigidSymphony)
    Do some research and learn to define your IRAs, or you end up sounding like a tit.
    I'm using the term generally so that everyone can understand. I'm fully aware of the different variations from the original Republican Army. My point still stands. The evolution of the organization during the troubles was what made them no different from terrorists in my opinion, even though the intentions before the troubles of the original Irish volunteers was good.
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    So Aberdeen have said no now too.

That's us at 4.

LOLZ BYE.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    And there we are we now have a completely pointless SPL with a one-team monopoly. Now someone tell me what's the point of the SPL now? Any title Celtic win will now be considered pointless as they won't have beaten a competitive team at all.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    So Aberdeen have said no now too.

That's us at 4.

LOLZ BYE.
    BBC say its 3, Hearts, Aberdeen and Dundee Utd. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18539483
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lord Hodge now ordering an inquiry in the appointment of D&P as Rangers Administrators.

Alasdair Lamont þ@BBCAlLamont

Lord Hodge orders inquiry into Duff and Phelps appointment as Rangers administrators
    More carnage commences. :toofunny:
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr tim)
    BBC say its 3, Hearts, Aberdeen and Dundee Utd. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18539483
    Hibs chairman came out weeks ago saying his decision will be made on sporting integrity. I'd say that counts four now, his statement seems to have been forgotten there.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr tim)
    Motherwell are leaving it up to a fan vote by the Well Society, three guesses what that's going to be and the first two don't count. Celtic haven't made a statement yet, but it's good tactics to stay hush when you're enemy's shooting himself in the foot. Even without Celtic, it's 3 guaranteed "no" votes and a very highly probable "no" vote.
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrigidSymphony)
    Motherwell are leaving it up to a fan vote by the Well Society, three guesses what that's going to be and the first two don't count. Celtic haven't made a statement yet, but it's good tactics to stay hush when you're enemy's shooting himself in the foot. Even without Celtic, it's 3 guaranteed "no" votes and a very highly probable "no" vote.
    Couldn't agree more. They are playing this perfectly :top:
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    Great blog once again by Alex Thomson.

(Original post by Alex Thomson)
    For there’s precious little time, a league to be run and tellingly a lot of clubs saying they’ll vote how their fans wish.

Well, Mr SPL Club Chairmen, if that’s really so then you have to vote unanimously “NO” if my unscientific poll of around 1600 emails and tweets is anything to go by.

And I do mean unanimously – not a single message received saying new Rangers should be allowed to play in the SPL.
    Party away.

The Aberdeen fans comment is sensational :lol:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    looks like the huns are going down, motherwell have said no, aberdeen no, celtic no, hearts no, dundee united and others have said they will listen to their fans who will probably say no. Has anyone considered the possibility that the sfl wont let them in! what would happen then?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Genocidal)
    And there we are we now have a completely pointless SPL with a one-team monopoly. Now someone tell me what's the point of the SPL now? Any title Celtic win will now be considered pointless as they won't have beaten a competitive team at all.
    What is the point in having a league where a team is allowed to cheat so much?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Left Hand Drive)
    What is the point in having a league where a team is allowed to cheat so much?
    I'd rather have an exciting league full of cheats than a barren wasteland of honest people. I imagine that the most honest footballers are playing at the local pub on a Sunday. They don't get paid, they have no fame, and they just do it for the love of the game. It's football in its simplest yet purest form, along with the league they play in. But I don't watch it because it's absolute ****e. I watch football to be entertained and nothing more.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    hib have said no now thats hibs,dundee united and hearts. two more needed that will come from celtic and motherwell i think. also what this talk about rangers possibly being put into the 1st division, hope it is not true. sfa corrupt to the core
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather have an exciting league full of cheats than a barren wasteland of honest people. I imagine that the most honest footballers are playing at the local pub on a Sunday. They don't get paid, they have no fame, and they just do it for the love of the game. It's football in its simplest yet purest form, along with the league they play in. But I don't watch it because it's absolute ****e. I watch football to be entertained and nothing more.
    So a team cheating 95 million worth of taxes is fine as long as they make the league exciting? Right, ok.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Celtic will get even worse now as they have zero competition.
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TM94)
    Obviously, nothing else could possibly happen. :top:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    No you wouldn't. You really wouldn't. I'd rather see the non-Old Firm try and falter against a strong Celtic than have Rangers buy their way to second place all the time.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TM94)
    We should make the Champions' League this year. It's not much, but it's better than the past couple of years.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    Obviously, nothing else could possibly happen. :top:
    Celtic vs Motherwell for the SPL title... Jesus wept.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 18, 2012
New on TSR

Student in a Million awards

All the results from our prize-giving night

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.