The Student Room Group

WJEC GCSE Maths Paper 2 13th June

What do we think is going to be on tomorrow's paper then?

I would predict, given what paper 1 was like;

Pythagoras

Trigonometry

Similar Shapes (Length/Area/Volume scale factor?)

Volume (basic or sphere,cones,frustums etc)

Upper and Lower bounds

Histograms

Arc Length/Sector and segment area

Probability

Direct and Inverse Proportion

Trigonometric graphs and y=f(x) graph transformations

I wonder what the QWC topic will be?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jwrGCSE
What do we think is going to be on tomorrow's paper then?

I would predict, given what paper 1 was like;

Pythagoras

Trigonometry

Similar Shapes (Length/Area/Volume scale factor?)

Volume (basic or sphere,cones,frustums etc)

Upper and Lower bounds

Histograms

Arc Length/Sector and segment area

Probability

Direct and Inverse Proportion

Trigonometric graphs and y=f(x) graph transformations

I wonder what the QWC topic will be?

Hopefully a lot of trigonometry and I think the QWC will be something stupid... :frown:
Yes!! Paper was easy!!! :biggrin: and lots of trigonometry :biggrin: and QWC was just adding up! :biggrin:
Reply 3
what did you do for the parallelogram question?
Original post by jwrGCSE
what did you do for the parallelogram question?

47.**cm can't remember the dp...

It was 6.2/Sin50 = length of the slants... Multiply by 2 and add 2(13.8)
Original post by g_l
i didn't understand what they meant by quarterly charge...?

Just a charge every 3 month, it wasn't *relevant* :smile:
Original post by g_l
SHHHHHHHHHHUGARRRRRRRRRRRRRR
NOOOO I GOT THE QUESTION WRONG AAAAHHH
i thought they meant every quarter so i divided the units by 4 and multiplied it by 7.45 and added that onn
****TT

:O no! Thats not fair :frown:
Reply 7
Original post by shadab786ahmed
Yes!! Paper was easy!!! :biggrin: and lots of trigonometry :biggrin: and QWC was just adding up! :biggrin:

Hello, what do you think the grade boundaries will be for the papers, from past papers from previous years, I found it moderately complex in comparison to others, so from this I thought the boundaries would be lower? :s-smilie:
Original post by Chloe RM
Hello, what do you think the grade boundaries will be for the papers, from past papers from previous years, I found it moderately complex in comparison to others, so from this I thought the boundaries would be lower? :s-smilie:

Hi, urmmm, I think it's 80/100 for an A* :smile:
Reply 9
Hi, urmmm, I think it's 80/100 for an A* :smile:

So in total for an A out of 200 what would you predict? I would probably estimate that for an A maybe 69 on each so 138 in total :s Last time on the specimen; I'm not sure whether you'd have taken it for a mock examination but it was only 132/200 :smile:
I would say 140 ish
Reply 11
I would say 140 ish

Oh, OK thank you :smile: I asked my teacher and she thought that overall the first paper would probably only require you getting something like 65 and on paper two slightly more, as of how it was a better paper, but I think your estimate is quite sensible, can you remember what you got for the last question on paper two? The sin curve; I think I squashed my graph by three ? as I think it was y=sin 3x - Thank you for your responses, they've really helped :smile:
Oh, OK thank you :smile: I asked my teacher and she thought that overall the first paper would probably only require you getting something like 65 and on paper two slightly more, as of how it was a better paper, but I think your estimate is quite sensible, can you remember what you got for the last question on paper two? The sin curve; I think I squashed my graph by three ? as I think it was y=sin 3x - Thank you for your responses, they've really helped :smile:

Sorry for the short responses :/ judging by the difficulty for the first paper I think 65 is about right but I would be safe with 70. Also for the sin graph I translated 3 units up so the graph was between 2-4 instead of -1 to 1. :smile:
Reply 13
Sorry for the short responses :/ judging by the difficulty for the first paper I think 65 is about right but I would be safe with 70. Also for the sin graph I translated 3 units up so the graph was between 2-4 instead of -1 to 1. :smile:

Oh, no problem; I'm just happy I'm receiving responses! :biggrin: I don't want to scare you, but I thought that graph y=3sin x was where it was translated 3 units up the y-axis and -3 rather than limits of 1 to -1 :s-smilie: Only I think it squashes 3 into the original sin curve :P I may be wrong, but that's what I thought. Besides, how do you think you did in both papers generally?
Oh, no problem; I'm just happy I'm receiving responses! :biggrin: I don't want to scare you, but I thought that graph y=3sin x was where it was translated 3 units up the y-axis and -3 rather than limits of 1 to -1 :s-smilie: Only I think it squashes 3 into the original sin curve :P I may be wrong, but that's what I thought. Besides, how do you think you did in both papers generally?

Ahah, np! :P but urmmm... It asked for Sinx + 3?? Not 3 Sinx or I would have stretched it :P in general I think I've got about:
Paper 1: 90%
Paper 2: 95%
But not sure, paper two was definitely much easier! And some odd questions on Paper 1...
Reply 15
Seriously, that's so high :biggrin: Well Done! If you're so confident then you probably will :smile: I wish I had a copy of the paper now :s-smilie:
Seriously, that's so high :biggrin: Well Done! If you're so confident then you probably will :smile: I wish I had a copy of the paper now :s-smilie:

But the days before I'll be preparing myself for a B -.- :P same... I was going to but then my friend said not to take a paper -.- good luck!
Reply 17
Yes, me too ! Oh thank you :biggrin: You too; I hope I achieved at least 65 on each, so 130 or more :s-smilie: although that still sounds ridiculous, but judging by the difficulty level of the paper I guess that probably would still be an A- :s-smilie: What do you think ?
Yes, me too ! Oh thank you :biggrin: You too; I hope I achieved at least 65 on each, so 130 or more :s-smilie: although that still sounds ridiculous, but judging by the difficulty level of the paper I guess that probably would still be an A- :s-smilie: What do you think ?

Hmmm... 130... I think it's possible but not very very likely, I'd guess more at 140... :smile:
Reply 19
Well, most of the students from my school found it extremely difficult- from what I heard; so maybe there's a chance because otherwise wjec as an exam board won't be recommended to schools I guess :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending