Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in for personalised advice on applying to uni New here? Join for free to post

Accommodation question

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Don't really know where this goes so I'm going to put it here.

If I apply for accommodation and decide not to go on results day, what happens? Do I still have to pay some sort of deposit or what. Just want to make sure before I make my application.

And if I decide not to go to university at all this year on results day do I just pull out of the UCAS system?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    My friend's applied for accommodation just in case she decides to go. It may depend on the university but I don't think you'd have to pay a deposit as you don't pay a deposit until after results day anyway. As long as you let them know.

And if you decide not to go you can decline your offer. If not, again you could contact your university and your place can be put into clearing/adjustment
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rebeccadaleyx)
    My friend's applied for accommodation just in case she decides to go. It may depend on the university but I don't think you'd have to pay a deposit as you don't pay a deposit until after results day anyway. As long as you let them know.

And if you decide not to go you can decline your offer. If not, again you could contact your university and your place can be put into clearing/adjustment
    Thank you.
    • 79 followers

ReputationRep:
    You need to read the accommodation contract as it will vary. Some will let you not go without paying anything, others will demand you pay until they find someone to take your room.

And some unis don't make you pay a deposit until after results day, but other unis do. Again, it varies. At some unis you don't even apply for accommodation until after results day!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 12, 2012
New on TSR

Submitting your UCAS application

How long did it take for yours to be processed?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.