The Student Room Group

12th June 2012 OCR History A Schools History Project

Did anyone do this? I'd like a chat :biggrin:

It was pretty wgjskdha, although in the NAZI section, the essay questions I did were exactly the same as my mock, and I'd done one of the source questions as well o.o hope that works in my favour!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Oh I did this! Oh lord I thought it was awful!
For starters I had never learnt a thing about Anglo-Saxon medicine so the source questions I did awful on but I have some sort of hope for the Medicine and Germany questions... Not really expecting anything more than a B to be honest, roll on Friday to end this madness!
Original post by its_Deanna
Oh I did this! Oh lord I thought it was awful!
For starters I had never learnt a thing about Anglo-Saxon medicine so the source questions I did awful on but I have some sort of hope for the Medicine and Germany questions... Not really expecting anything more than a B to be honest, roll on Friday to end this madness!

I know, that was a horrible question - why did they do that first, it completely knocked my confidence! :frown: If everyone struggled on it though, it'll hopefully show in the grade boundries.
I was hoping for A* don't see that happening now haha
Reply 3
Original post by brendonbackflip
I know, that was a horrible question - why did they do that first, it completely knocked my confidence! :frown: If everyone struggled on it though, it'll hopefully show in the grade boundries.
I was hoping for A* don't see that happening now haha

Oh god I know! Had you even been taught that? I looked on the specification on the OCR website and I didn't see it? Is it the Middle Ages time period?
Yeah so was I, oh well all my faith is on Friday now!
How is revision going for that?
Oh god I know! Had you even been taught that? I looked on the specification on the OCR website and I didn't see it? Is it the Middle Ages time period?
Yeah so was I, oh well all my faith is on Friday now!
How is revision going for that?

Yeah it's part of the middle ages - it's in the Dark Ages, and the only thing we learnt about it was nothing progressed because of lots of wars going on. Never learnt anything specific about Anglo-Saxons :
Paper 2 is my weaker paper so I don't have that much faith :frown: Are you doing penicillin? I've learnt all the knowledge for that, and I'm going to re-do past papers I've done and look at answer structure tomorrow.
Reply 5
Original post by brendonbackflip
Yeah it's part of the middle ages - it's in the Dark Ages, and the only thing we learnt about it was nothing progressed because of lots of wars going on. Never learnt anything specific about Anglo-Saxons :
Paper 2 is my weaker paper so I don't have that much faith :frown: Are you doing penicillin? I've learnt all the knowledge for that, and I'm going to re-do past papers I've done and look at answer structure tomorrow.

Oh god we never learnt any specifics either! eurgh, stupid teachers :frown:
Oh yeah same, I have made some revision stuff online if you wanna see it? It might help you, probably not :L But theres stuff on how to get top marks x
Oh god we never learnt any specifics either! eurgh, stupid teachers :frown:
Oh yeah same, I have made some revision stuff online if you wanna see it? It might help you, probably not :L But theres stuff on how to get top marks x

To be fair, I think it's more like stupid exam board making silly questions :/ ahh well, hope for the best! And I'd love to see it if you don't mind, I'll take anything!! :biggrin:
Reply 7
Questions were quite challenging and they needed a lot of detail! May I ask how many pages people wrote altogether?
Reply 8
I wrote the whole booklet, plus both sides of 2 additional pieces of paper -you?

No problem - here's the link to all my stuff xo
http://getrevising.co.uk/members/deanna_hammond
Original post by swylde
Questions were quite challenging and they needed a lot of detail! May I ask how many pages people wrote altogether?

I wrote eleven pages - but I crossed out a whole answer twice before writing another one I was happy with, so it probably should have been a lot less really. Also, my writings big :wink:
I wrote the whole booklet, plus both sides of 2 additional pieces of paper -you?

No problem - here's the link to all my stuff xo
http://getrevising.co.uk/members/deanna_hammond

I LOVE YOU xoxo thanks so much :smile:
Reply 11
I wrote the 8 page booklet plus another 5 pages. Feel I done alright Tbh but 80% for an A is a big ask!
Reply 12
Oh god you wrote loads! I hope that I did enough to get an A, it would break my heart to have done so much for nothing!
haha, no worries sweets, hope it helps xxx
Reply 13
Haha I'm sure you have! :smile: what did you get on your coursework? That will help boost whatever grade you get x
Reply 14
I got 1 mark off a b! they wouldn't let me retake it, they wouldn't let hardly anyone redo it! - stupid school :frown:((((
Reply 15
Controlled assessments are horrible, hopefully they aren't used at A Level! Fortunately I got 22/25 on mine, you should've got your parents to speak to the school. They always seem to cave into the pressure of parents haha
Did anyone do the American West?
Reply 17
Original post by swylde
I wrote the 8 page booklet plus another 5 pages. Feel I done alright Tbh but 80% for an A is a big ask!

haha same. i know A* is going to be even harder :smile:
I did questions 2 and 7, anyone else?:smile:
Original post by Bethy11
haha same. i know A* is going to be even harder :smile:
I did questions 2 and 7, anyone else?:smile:

I did question two, it was ok :K:
Reply 19
Original post by brightbulb
Did anyone do the American West?

I did

Quick Reply

Latest