Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Will gold go back up over the rest of the year?

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else reckon gold prices could sky rocket again with all this Eurozone malarky?

EDIT: Well what does everyone think, would it be wise to invest over the coming month or so if things keep going downhill in the Eurozone?
    • 41 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pr0view)
    Does anyone else reckon gold prices could sky rocket again with all this Eurozone malarky?
    Yeah definitely, because gold is what people invest in as a safe means of keeping assets in especially when their money in the current state is becoming devalued meaning it will buy you less than before. Hence why Gold is good place to invest.

And don't do what Gordon Brown did, and sell a whole bunch of Gold right when their prices sky rocketed.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iqbal007)
    Yeah definitely, because gold is what people invest in as a safe means of keeping assets in especially when their money in the current state is becoming devalued meaning it will buy you less than before. Hence why Gold is good place to invest.

And don't do what Gordon Brown did, and sell a whole bunch of Gold right when their prices sky rocketed.
    Would it make me more money and be more secure to take my savings out and buy gold with them rather than keep them in a building society.

I wanted to do this during the last recession but my parents obviously didn't trust me to enough to be investing my savings as such a young age lmao. I wanted to buy gold when it was around 800 pounds an ounce before.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iqbal007)

Actually, that would be the ideal thing to do with your gold. Gordon Brown did the complete opposite - he waited for gold to be at its lowest possible price, then told everyone when he was going to sell it to push the price even lower.
    • 41 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pr0view)
    Would it make me more money and be more secure to take my savings out and buy gold with them rather than keep them in a building society.

I wanted to do this during the last recession but my parents obviously didn't trust me to enough to be investing my savings as such a young age lmao. I wanted to buy gold when it was around 800 pounds an ounce before.
    I honestly wouldn't have a clue whether you should or your shouldn't.
    But those that did when it was £800, made some serious amount of money..........the problem is that we don't know if things will get better or not, it's just a game of risk.

By the way, check up gold prices, they have dropped in the last few months.
    • 41 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobifier)
    Actually, that would be the ideal thing to do with your gold. Gordon Brown did the complete opposite - he waited for gold to be at its lowest possible price, then told everyone when he was going to sell it to push the price even lower.
    I know, everyone bought it and they were very smart, it doubled............and I think the last 6 months price of gold has dropped slightly.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    gold prices on averege will constantly rise, they may fall occassionally but it will generally always rise, although that being said if you have cash to invest stick it in some blue chip companies whos stocks have slid...theyre bound to go up, i was chatting to my bank account manager today and he was saying how some chap came in with £150,000 back at the bottom of the credit crunch when the FTSE has fallen back to near 4000pts ancd all that, cashed in his investment a couple of months ago and had made £30,000 on it ... cant argue with that
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Gold?? It will go up and up in time to come, but what I won't buy is any gold backed securities.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 15, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.