The Student Room Group

What would happen if someone missed their maths exam.

This isn't about me, its about a friend:

Basically, were in year 11 and both got grade C's in the first exam we did in year 10, and from then till now he's managed to get a B and I've got my A in March. There was a maths exam yesterday (paper 1) and paper 2 is tomorrow. He didn't attend yesterdays exam and isn't attending tomorrows either because he's happy with his grade B and thinks he cant get higher than that.

He is definitely entered for the exam because I seen his name on the table.

So will the school or the exam board do anything?
The school may, the exam board doesn't need to.
Why didn't he tell the school that? At least they wouldn't have wasted resources and time trying to accommodate an exam that will never be taken.
He most likely will get fined a certain amount but that depends on the school/exam board

He'll receive a X on his result sheet but his official grade will be his B obtained previously
Reply 4
Original post by Darth Vader 7
Why didn't he tell the school that? At least they wouldn't have wasted resources and time trying to accommodate an exam that will never be taken.

Supposing he did tell the school it would have been too late not to enter him. By any means it doesn't really waste any of their resources as they're very well organised. They ought to accommodate for everyone entered, despite the fact they know know no one is making an appearance. Its all part of their procedure.
im doing the same exam tomorrow. yay. well firstly the two exams he already did count for like 60% or something. and this exam is the one with the most marks available, so his B would not be the same grade when he gets the final results.
BTW is this the 3 units exam and by aqa?
i don't really know what the exam board will do, but he'll probably have to resit the exam. (November time)
hope this helped. :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by mooooo.nisah
im doing the same exam tomorrow. yay. well firstly the two exams he already did count for like 60% or something. and this exam is the one with the most marks available, so his B would not be the same grade when he gets the final results.
BTW is this the 3 units exam and by aqa?
i don't really know what the exam board will do, but he'll probably have to resit the exam. (November time)
hope this helped. :smile:

Aw haha. This is a different exam board, Edexcel. In this one you just do paper 1 which is non-calc then a paper 2 which is calc. I think they're 50% each and then altogether it equals your overall grade. Also, there's exams like this every November, February, March and June starting from year 10 so you get so many chances LOL.
Original post by Abdul.
Aw haha. This is a different exam board, Edexcel. In this one you just do paper 1 which is non-calc then a paper 2 which is calc. I think they're 50% each and then altogether it equals your overall grade. Also, there's exams like this every November, February, March and June starting from year 10 so you get so many chances LOL.

i went through all that trouble. :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending