The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry Exam Unit 1 (C1) 15th June 2012 (New Spec.)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Crystallouise99
I put that the gene with deisred characteristics are cut using an enzyme from the chromosome of the jellyfish and placed in the chromosome of the zebra fish.

What did you get for the Drug question ? the last part ?

I put no :smile:
Original post by LjWol
I put no :smile:

Sorry guys but aren't we talking about Chemistry?
Reply 42
Will we post here once the exam is done? Sorry I'm new to this…haha

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by i9l7f
Will we post here once the exam is done? Sorry I'm new to this…haha

I think so, I think AQA You're allowed they did for the biology
Reply 44
Original post by Rikathetika
I think so, I think AQA You're allowed they did for the biology

Ok that's good. Good luck everyone

Reply 45
I'm just wondering whether we will be given an equations sheet for the exam as n my mocks i was given one :smile:
Original post by LjWol
I'm just wondering whether we will be given an equations sheet for the exam as n my mocks i was given one :smile:

you get one in the exam :smile:
Original post by charliemaudsley
you get one in the exam :smile:

Are they the equations for the limestone or do you have to learn them
Original post by LjWol

You mean the sheet with the periodic table/reactivity series on it?

Equations..no
Original post by Rikathetika
Are they the equations for the limestone or do you have to learn them

you have to learn the limestone equation, you just get a periodic table and things but thats it, its really hard, but hopefully they'll lower the grade boundaries:smile:
Reply 50
I am doing the exam on friday too, really nervous
Also, any last minute revision A* tips because i am finding it really hard to remember everything!! :frown:
Reply 51
CaCO3 (Limestone Thermally Decomposes) ----> CaO (Calcium oxide) + CO2 (Carbon dioxide)

Calcium carbonate (limestone) also reacts with acid to form Calcium salt, carbon dioxide and water.

CaCO3 + H2SO4 (Sulphuric acid) ------> CaSO4(Calcium sulfate/calcium salt)+ CO2 + H2O

I think you can get a A*/A from just knowing the Word Equation as the marks are either for the Word Equation shown or Symbol Equation, but I find Word Equation easier.

For the first two reactions I think any metal in Group I will work for it (Just substitute the metal in for Calcium) But the other metals Symbol equation will be different in some equations so thats why the Word Equation is easier to remember.
I found January paper pretty easy questions though, as always I was rushed for time...got an A* by 2 marks though :cool:

If I was to bet, i'd bet Metal Extraction would come up since it is a massive unit...

Any advice on time management, what do you guys do? And good luck on exam...
Original post by MajorRisk
CaCO3 (Limestone Thermally Decomposes) ----> CaO (Calcium oxide) + CO2 (Carbon dioxide)

Calcium carbonate (limestone) also reacts with acid to form Calcium salt, carbon dioxide and water.

CaCO3 + H2SO4 (Sulphuric acid) ------> CaSO4(Calcium sulfate/calcium salt)+ CO2 + H2O

I think you can get a A*/A from just knowing the Word Equation as the marks are either for the Word Equation shown or Symbol Equation, but I find Word Equation easier.

For the first two reactions I think any metal in Group I will work for it (Just substitute the metal in for Calcium) But the other metals Symbol equation will be different in some equations so thats why the Word Equation is easier to remember.
I found January paper pretty easy questions though, as always I was rushed for time...got an A* by 2 marks though :cool:

If I was to bet, i'd bet Metal Extraction would come up since it is a massive unit...

give yourself about 1 minute for a 1 mark question, 2 for 2 marks ect. then go through the paper and check loads of times it really helped me
Reply 53
Original post by MajorRisk

I usually work around a minute per mark too…and don't get too hung up on one question. I did in biology and it made me mess up :frown:

Reply 54
hiyya, i'm trying to get as much revision done as possible and i've come across this table, do we need to memorise it?
it mentions 'type of steel, Iron alloyed with, Properties and Typical use'
Original post by Firuza1029
hiyya, i'm trying to get as much revision done as possible and i've come across this table, do we need to memorise it?
it mentions 'type of steel, Iron alloyed with, Properties and Typical use'

Yep
Dose anyone know if anything that's 'likely' to come up? :smile:
How's everyone feeling at the moment ?? I'm kinda not prepared !!! :s-smilie:
I kinda know some stuff but I dunno any of the how science works questions

BETTER GET REVISING :tongue:
Reply 58
I'm really worried! I've revised as much as I can but am so scared!
Reply 59
Original post by Ame1
I'm really worried! I've revised as much as I can but am so scared!

Me too! I'm going to try and get some last minute revision in tomorrow before the exam and keep calm (somehow) haha. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending