The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry Exam Unit 1 (C1) 15th June 2012 (New Spec.)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 640
i started today but only got to chapter 3...i seriously cba afta all the stress of chemistry...have to do it all over again!..
Original post by IamMazzy
does anibody know when we are getting our resluts??...do we have to collect it or is it posted to us?..:eek:

depends .. deffinately 23rd of august but at our school we can go in and collect them that morning :biggrin: :biggrin: or wait for them to be posted 2 days later :-) .. but i like to collect them :biggrin:
i started today but only got to chapter 3...i seriously cba afta all the stress of chemistry...have to do it all over again!..

How did you do in chemistry??
Reply 643

At least you have started, i find chemistry a lot easier than physics and if i done **** and pretty much certain ill get a C in that then i don't even think about what will happen in physics, i don't want to revise today but i think i will, i need all the time i get :'( im freaking out! Must
stop.procrastinating!
Reply 644
yeah i think i did really badly aswell...but like i said it's done now we all have to concentrate on physics...which is shorter than chemistry aniways...not that it will make much difference!:smile:
by the way noshii01 ur name rings a bell...do i noe u?
Reply 645
yeah i think i did really badly aswell...but like i said it's done now we all have to concentrate on physics...which is shorter than chemistry aniways...not that it will make much difference!:smile:
by the way noshii01 ur name rings a bell...do i noe u?

i think i do, by any chance is your name almas?
Reply 646
Original post by noshii1
i think i do, by any chance is your name almas?

and is your name nosheen?:biggrin:
Reply 647
and is your name nosheen?:biggrin:

omg!! yes, i go to your school! what a coincidence :smile:
Reply 648
Original post by noshii1
omg!! yes, i go to your school! what a coincidence :smile:

oh yeahh!!...And ur in my form...I forgot!!!!:wink:
^^^ this can be why im glad im the only who uses this in my school :L :L at least i think i do ..this website is my secret weapon ;D :L :L :L
Reply 650
oh yeahh!!...And ur in my form...I forgot!!!!:wink:

i didn't know you used this site; but for re-sits im checking aqa contact us now!! i will find out a way to resit
Reply 651
Original post by noshii1
i didn't know you used this site; but for re-sits im checking aqa contact us now!! i will find out a way to resit

I am sure our school will let us re-sit...they dont want people to get bad marks so they better let people re-sit!!...i honestly think i got a B and i wud re-sit to get an A but thats not an option for us!!:frown:
Guys, was the last question on the test about the ethanol and the advantages of getting it from sugar cane or crude oil?
Original post by CertifiedWizkid
Guys, was the last question on the test about the ethanol and the advantages of getting it from sugar cane or crude oil?

It was on the January 2012 mark scheme.:smile:
Reply 654
I am sure our school will let us re-sit...they dont want people to get bad marks so they better let people re-sit!!...i honestly think i got a B and i wud re-sit to get an A but thats not an option for us!!:frown:

if you get a B they won't let you resit because you are still able to get an A* overall and they don't want to pay for resits
Original post by Crystallouise99
It was on the January 2012 mark scheme.:smile:

Im sorry i dont follow, I mean the exam on friday c1 chemistry what was the last question? :smile:
Reply 656
Original post by noshii1
if you get a B they won't let you resit because you are still able to get an A* overall and they don't want to pay for resits

wtf?!...i would be so willing to pay for an A* if i got a B...stinking cheapskate skool!
Original post by CertifiedWizkid
Im sorry i dont follow, I mean the exam on friday c1 chemistry what was the last question? :smile:

Oh right, sorry for being a bit vague. I mean the ethanol question about crude oil is on january 2012 mark scheme.

This is the January 2012 mark scheme answer to a similar question from yesterday.

Advantage
Environmental: it is renewable / sustainable it grows absorbing CO2 which makes it ‘carbon neutral’

Economical / Social: growing it is labour intensive so provides (local, rural) employment low amount of energy / fuel needed so process costs are low simple / low technology process so process / investment costs are low

Disadvantage
Environmental: destruction of habitats / biodiversity to provide land to grow sugar cane

Economical / Social: land should be used to grow food (shortage / cost / population increase) growing or process is slow / batch / unreliable (crop failure)
Crude oil

Disadvantage
Environmental: it is non-renewable / will run out it contains ‘locked up’ carbon / CO2 or when released increases global warming destruction of marine habitats caused by accidents / spillages

Economical / Social: process requires small number of trained workers high amount of energy / fuel needed so process costs are high complex / high tech process so process / investment costs are high

Advantage
Environmental: does not use land as it is offshore

Economical / Social: no loss of food crops
extracting or process is fast / continuous / reliable

How did you find it overall ?? I though it was really hard with some easy questions !!:frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 658
wtf?!...i would be so willing to pay for an A* if i got a B...stinking cheapskate skool!

i know, but don't worry if we do worse than a B than we can go speak to our examination officers head mrs shawwa
Original post by noshii1
i know, but don't worry if we do worse than a B than we can go speak to our examination officers head mrs shawwa

What school do you guys go to, it seems soo harsh??

I think my school allows retakes:smile: hopefully

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending