The Student Room Group

Have my teachers messed up my maths further maths module allocation ?(help please)

Hi, today in school my maths teachers predicted what they thought I would get in my remaining maths and further maths modules and thus what my final grade in both subjects would be. It went as follows:

Current results grades:

C1:100
C2:95
C3:97
S1:93
M1:92
M2:100
FP1:91

Predicted for remaining modules:

C4:90
S2:20 (Embarassing but not unwarranted :colondollar:)
M3:90
FP2:80
FP3:80

My teacher said this means I would end up achieving an A* in Maths and a B in further maths with my modules allocated as follows

Maths:C1,C2,C3,C4,M1,M2 total marks:574/600 (A*)
Further Maths:FP1,FP2,FP3,S1,S2,M3 total Marks: 454/600 (B)

However I thought When allocating modules between maths and further maths, It was done to maximise your grade in normal maths as first priority, then maximising your grade in further maths with out compromising your grade in normal maths.

So surely this would be my module allocation :

Maths: C1,C2,C3,C4,S1,S2: total marks:495/600 (A*)
Further Maths:FP1,FP2,FP3,M1,M2,M3 total marks:533/600 (A*)

Can anyone confirm this, Im quite nervous about this:frown:

TLDR
With the modules I've shown above, what would be my final grades in Maths and further maths.
Reply 1
Speak to your exam officer

They can ensure that the board allocate the best grades
Reply 2
I think you're correct, in the end there's a computer who allocates what goes with what for the best grades. Your teachers have nothing to do with it :tongue: just do your best in the exams :tongue:
Original post by LiamSP
Hi, today in school my maths teachers predicted what they thought I would get in my remaining maths and further maths modules and thus what my final grade in both subjects would be. It went as follows:

Current results grades:

C1:100
C2:95
C3:97
S1:93
M1:92
M2:100
FP1:91

Predicted for remaining modules:

C4:90
S2:20 (Embarassing but not unwarranted :colondollar:)
M3:90
FP2:80
FP3:80

My teacher said this means I would end up achieving an A* in Maths and a B in further maths with my modules allocated as follows

Maths:C1,C2,C3,C4,M1,M2 total marks:574/600 (A*)
Further Maths:FP1,FP2,FP3,S1,S2,M3 total Marks: 454/600 (B)

However I thought When allocating modules between maths and further maths, It was done to maximise your grade in normal maths as first priority, then maximising your grade in further maths with out compromising your grade in normal maths.

So surely this would be my module allocation :

Maths: C1,C2,C3,C4,S1,S2: total marks:495/600 (A*)
Further Maths:FP1,FP2,FP3,M1,M2,M3 total marks:533/600 (A*)

Can anyone confirm this, Im quite nervous about this:frown:

TLDR
With the modules I've shown above, what would be my final grades in Maths and further maths.

You just need to make sure your exams officer has recertificated for AS mathematics, A2 mathematics, AS further maths and A2 further maths (I'm sure they will have done this). If so, the modules will automatically be aggregrated in the most beneficial way.
Can I ask, what if they already cashed it in, can it be un-cashed for better grades?
Reply 5
Original post by JohnyTheLad
Can I ask, what if they already cashed it in, can it be un-cashed for better grades?

yes

Quick Reply